Dermatology Treatment Devices Market: Rising Prevalence of Skin Abnormalities and Skin Cancer Drives Market
According to our new market research study on “Dermatology Treatment Devices Market to 2027 – COVID-19 Impact and Global Analysis – by Product Type, Application, and End User,” the market is expected to reach US$ 8,800.07 million by 2027 from US$ 5,320.73 million in 2019; it is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 6.7% during 2020–2027. Factors such as rising prevalence of skin issues and technological advancements in dermatology treatment devices boost the growth of the market. However, the risk of undesirable side effects associated with the use of dermatology treatment devices hinders the market growth.
Factors such as rising prevalence of skin issues and technological advancements in dermatology treatment devices are expected to boost the growth of the market. However, the risk of undesirable side effects associated with the use of dermatology treatment devices is likely to hinders the Dermatology Treatment Devices market its growth.
Request for sample Report at: https://www.theinsightpartners.com/sample/TIPRE00014992/
Key Findings from The Dermatology Treatment Devices Market
- Based on On the basis of product, the dermatology treatment devices market was segmented into lasers, light therapy devices, energy-based therapies devices, microdermabrasion devices, microneedling, and cryotherapy devices.
- In 2019, the lasers segment accounted for the highest largest share in the market and is likely to retain its share-based dominancet share duringthe forecast period. The projected growth of the market for this segment is attributed owing to the factors such as increasing adoption of lasers for aesthetic and dermatology issues, rising adoption of laser-based procedures, ease of the treatment, and reliability of the procedure results. In addition, development of low-cost lasers for home-based uses procedures is likely to offer a key growth opportunity for the market players operating in the dermatology treatment devices market playersindustry.
- The dermatology treatment devices market, by application, is segmented into skin resurfacing, skin rejuvenation, hair removal, psoriasis, scar, warts and skin tags, hyperpigmentation and vascular lesions, acne, tattoo removal, and hyperhidrosis. The skin rejuvenation segment held the largest share of the market in 2019, whereas the hair removal segment is anticipated to register the highest CAGR in the market during the forecast period.
- On the basis of end-user, the dermatology treatment devices market has been segmented into hospitals, SPA clinics, dermatology clinics, and surgical centers. The dermatology clinics held the largest share of the market in 2019, and the same segment it is further estimated to register the highest CAGR in the market during the forecast period2020–2027.
- Cutera Inc.; Bausch Health Companies Inc.; Sciton, Inc.; Lumenis; Alma Lasers; Cynosure, Candela Corporation; Biofrontera Ag; Avita Medical; and PhotoMedex are among the leading companies in the dermatology treatment devices market.
The COVID-19 pandemic was first reported in December 2019 in Wuhan (China). The impacts of this outbreak are being felt across several markets in the world. The demand for dermatology treatment devices has reduced amid this global crisis due to a significant shift in the focus toward the management, treatment and prevention of COVID-19. The pandemic is continuing to worsen around the world leading to massive disruptions in global supply chains, consumer markets, and economies, and these conditions are also restraining the growth of the dermatology treatment devices market.
Rising Prevalence of Skin Abnormalities and Skin Cancer Drives Dermatology Treatment Devices Market
Age-related skin issues such as pigmentation, wrinkles, creases, and acne, as well as burn scars caused during accidents are common among masses. According to the American Academy of Dermatology Association, acne is the most common skin condition in the US, affecting ~50 million Americans annually. ~85% of people from the age group of 12–24 experience minor acne problems. The costs associated with the treatment of acne, as well as lost productivity among those receiving treatment for acne, exceeded US$ 1.2 billion in 2013; more than 5.1 million people, primarily children and young adults, and sought medical treatment for acne in the same year. Further, 1 in 10 people develops atopic dermatitis during their lifetime, and the condition affects up to 25% children and 2–3% of adults. Moreover, ~28% women with age less than 25 admit that they regularly worry about their signs of aging, and this number increases to 42% and 54% among those belonging to the age groups 25–34 and 35–44, respectively. In addition, according to a poll conducted by conducted Dermstore with 2,000 women across the US, young women started using products to reduce the signs of aging much sooner than older women. Further, the European Commission (EC) has ranked skin diseases as the fourth most common cause of human illness.
The prevalence of skin cancer has dramatically increased in the recent years. According to the National Cancer Institute in the US, skin cancer accounts for ~4.6% of the total newly occurring cancer cases in the country. The World Health Organization (WHO) reported the incidence of 2–3 million non-melanoma and 132,000 melanoma cases every year in the world. In addition, according to the Skin Cancer Foundation Statistics, one in every five Americans is likely to develop skin cancer once in their lifetime. These issues require critical medical intervention and appropriate devices for their therapeutic treatment to combat severe condition, which is further likely to propel the growth of the dermatology treatment devices market.
Place an Order Now: https://www.theinsightpartners.com/buy/TIPRE00014992/
The Insight Partners is a one stop industry research provider of actionable intelligence. We help our clients in getting solutions to their research requirements through our syndicated and consulting research services. We specialize in industries such as Semiconductor and Electronics, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive and Transportation, Biotechnology, Healthcare IT, Manufacturing and Construction, Medical Device, Technology, Media and Telecommunications, Chemicals and Materials.
We are committed to provide highest quality research and consulting services to our customers. We help our clients understand the key market trends, identify opportunities, and make informed decisions with our market research offerings at an affordable cost.
Contact Person: Sameer Joshi