Demand For Prosthetic Joint Surgeries Among Geriatric Population Is Aiding Extended Oral Antibiotics Market Growth: Fact. MR
Development of novel extended oral antibiotics and molecules to treat antibiotic-resistant prosthetic infections is forecast to elevate market growth.
The global extended oral antibiotics market is forecast to grow at a brisk pace through the period 2021-2031. As per a study by Fact MR, inclusion of microorganisms inside the joint during surgery either by direct contact or by aerosolized contamination is the leading cause of prosthetic joint infection. The complications usually occur within the first year of surgery and may sometimes lead to implant failure further stressing the healthcare system and negatively influencing the psychology and physicality of the patient.
According to a report published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), approximately 310,800 total hip replacement surgeries were performed in patients above the age of 45 in 2010. With rising number of hip arthoplasty, the risk of prosthetic joint infection is expected to rise. The surging infection rates will put addition burden on already strained healthcare system. Introduction of extended oral antibiotics for treatment of infection will assist in limiting the infection and save cost on Medicare.
“Extended oral antibiotics have been found quite effective on non-invasive treatment of prosthetic joint infections. Rapid technological advancements in developing new treatment will elevate the extended oral antibiotics market growth”, said a lead analyst at Fact.MR.
Request Sample of the report on the extended oral antibiotics market https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=5630
Extended oral antibiotics market: Key Findings
- The U.S. will continue to dominate the extended oral antibiotics owing to the presence of a highly advance and developed medical infrastructure and high expenditure on healthcare.
- In Germany, rising prevalence of infectious diseases and constant advancement in healthcare industry will create lucrative market growth opportunities.
- Growth of extended oral antibiotics market in India is spurred by rising geriatric population suffering from acute sepsis and requires healthcare services to increase the life expectancy.
- Growth in the Middle East and Africa is restricted due to low awareness regarding antibiotics use and unfair utilization of oral antibiotics for treating non severe infections leading to extreme side effects.
- Rising research and development to enhance the existing extended oral antibiotics and performing clinical trials to study the drug compounds will drive the market growth.
Explore important tables and detailed figures of the study. Request ToC of the report at
Extended oral antibiotics market – Key Driving Factors
- Growing prevalence of prosthetic joint infections and total joint arthroplasties fuels the extended oral antibiotics market demand.
- Fleeting progress in developing methods to restrict the prosthetic joint infections by employing novel antibiotics, immunoparticles, lytic bacteriophages, nanoparticles, photodynamic therapy, and antimicrobial peptides is forecast to drive the growth of extended oral antibiotics market.
- Soaring geriatric population and favorable reimbursement policies will further boost the market growth.
Extended oral antibiotics market – Key Restraints
- Scarcity of skilled professional pathologists to study and perform histological analysis especially in underdeveloped countries hinders the extended oral antibiotics market growth.
- Limited awareness regarding the diseases and its diagnostic treatments in poor countries impedes the market growth.
- Stringent regulatory and approval policies by FDA and absence of regulatory bodies in remote regions hamper the market growth.
Extended oral antibiotics market – COVID-19 Impact
COVID-19 pandemic stressed the global healthcare system to the extreme. Rapid spreading of infection and global lockdown led to recession in the market. Recession led to restricted demand and supply of extended oral antibiotics leading to sluggish market growth. The diversion of professionals and facilities towards development of vaccination for COVID-19 further hampered the research and development of extended oral antibiotics. Limited visits and flow of patients inside the hospital and clinic created a huge blow in extended oral antibiotics market demand. However, the decline is temporary as market is anticipated to recover with the gradual lifting of lockdown restrictions and reopening of economies and market.
Some of the leading extended oral antibiotics manufacturers are Nabriva Therapeutics plc, elephus Medical LLC, Peptilogics Inc., Arrevus, Melinta Therapeutics Inc. The key market players are focusing on penetrating anti-infective modalities market by extensively developing oral antibiotics especially for prosthetic joint infection conditions. Increasing investment towards R&D to tackle the rising challenges and explore new opportunities has created a favorable environment for extended oral antibiotics market growth. Launching of new therapeutic methods and rising awareness related to prosthetic joint infection after hip and knee anthroplasty will influence the growth of extended oral antibiotics market.
Get Customization on this Report for Specific Research Solutions
More Insights on the extended oral antibiotics market
In its latest report, Fact.MR offers unbiased analysis of the extended oral antibiotics market. In order to understand the global market potential, its growth, and scope, the market is segmented on the basis of product type (Rifampin, Ciprofloxacin, Penicillin, Ampicillin, Others), distribution channels (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, Online Pharmacies, Others), across six regions (North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania, and Middle East & Africa).
Explore Fact.MR’s Coverage on the Healthcare Domain
Animal antibiotics market: The global animal antibiotics market study published by Fact.MR offers an unbiased analysis of the prominent drivers, opportunities and trends expected to shape future expansion outlook. The report provides a comprehensive assessment on the prominent segments and geographies which are likely to benefit market players in forthcoming years.
Macrolide antibiotics market: Fact. MR’s extensive coverage on the macrolide antibiotics market offers in-depth insights about the prominent growth dynamics that are likely to aid expansion of growth prospects in the near future. Data has been presented in the form of key segments across prominent geographies, along with important information concerning key manufacturers operating within the industry.
Carbapenem-based antibiotics market: A recent study by Fact.MR on the carbapenem-based antibiotics market offers a 10-year forecast analysis for the period 2018 to 2028. The study analyzes key trends that are currently determining the growth of the market. This report covers key dynamics, including drivers, restraints, and opportunities for leading market players along with key stakeholders and emerging players.
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1,000 companies trust us for making their most critical decisions. We have offices in US and Dublin, whereas our global headquarter is in Dubai. While our experienced consultants employ the latest technologies to extract hard-to-find insights, we believe our USP is the trust clients have on our expertise. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare & retail, our coverage is expansive, but we ensure even the most niche categories are analyzed. Reach out to us with your goals, and we’ll be an able research partner.
US Sales Office:
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter