Demand for Antiseptic and Disinfectants to Surpass US$ 4 Bn in 2021: Fact MR Concludes in a Latest Study
170 Pages Market Research Survey by Fact .MR, A Market Research and Competitive Intelligence Provider, Highlights Key Factors Enabling Antiseptic and Disinfectant Market Growth
The antiseptic and disinfectant market survey offers insights into chief growth drivers and restrains impacting the overall growth trajectory. The report also offers insights into antiseptic and disinfectant demand outlook in terms of product and end user. Key market players are profiled in the report and strategies they adopted for expansion are discussed at length.
Fact.MR: Fact.MR forecasts the antiseptic and disinfectant market to grow at a healthy rate, surpassing the valuation of US$ 4 billion in 2021. The market is expected to register nearly 6% year on year growth in 2021.
COVID-19 pandemic increased the sales of alcohol-based antiseptic and disinfectants especially sales of hand sanitizers owing to its high effectiveness in curbing the transmission of infection.
In 2020, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) issued guidelines recommending the use of alcohol based sanitizer with minimum 60% alcohol content as a preventive measure to stop the spread of infections and decrease the risk of getting sick.
Elevated demand for frequently disinfecting medical equipment to prevent the spread of infection will catapult the sales of antiseptic and disinfectants over the assessment period.
Reusable surgical equipment such as scissors and pliers require sterilization before being used for surgical operation to avoid the risk of infection and other complications. This is the key factor driving the demand of disinfectants in medical sector.
Increasing government initiatives undertaken to limit the cases of hospital acquired infections along with surge in health conscious population especially in developed countries will create opportunities for market growth.
“Government initiatives undertaken to spread awareness regarding personal hygiene, especially in emerging economies are expected to accelerate the sales of disinfectants and antiseptics during the forecast period," said a Fact MR analyst.
Request a report sample to gain comprehensive insights at
Key Takeaways from Antiseptic And Disinfectant Market Research Report:
- Increasing number of hospitals, clinics and diagnostics centers in North America will drive the sales of antiseptic and disinfectants in the region.
- High spending on healthcare along with growing awareness regarding infection and its preventive measures in Europe will accelerate the market growth.
- Allocation of separate funding by healthcare providers for maintaining sterile and infection free surgical room will create opportunities for market growth.
- Hydrogen peroxide is predicted exhibit more than 6% year-on-year growth rate in 2021 owing to its availability in broad range of concentrations and extensive use in life science and research laboratories.
- Alcohol based disinfectants will experience highest growth during the forecast period due to high demand of alcohol based disinfectants for sanitizing isolation wards during COVID-19 outbreak.
- Increasing cases of severe infections and epidemics across the globe will drive demand for antiseptic and disinfectants throughout the forecast period.
- Surge in number of hospital acquired infections will boost the sales of antiseptic and disinfectants.
- Rising awareness regarding personal and home hygiene especially in low and middle income countries will positively influence the Antiseptic and Disinfectant market growth.
- Stringent regulation during the approval phase of product to ensure safety of the consumer will hinder the demand of antiseptic and disinfectant products.
- High risk associated with prolonged and continuous use of certain chemicals agents will hamper the sales of antiseptic and disinfectants.
- Limited understanding of the effectiveness of the products and increasing issues related to availability of chemical agents will hinder growth of the antiseptic and disinfectant market.
Request Antiseptic and Disinfectant Market Customization At:
Antiseptic and disinfectant market is highly consolidated due to presence of a large number of regional and international market players. However, the top ten market players account for more than 80% of the global antiseptic and disinfectants market share.
Leading market players are focusing on expanding their overseas ventures and develop modern products for modern medical devices to boost their sales in North America and European market. They are also emphasizing on new product development to exploit the high revenue opportunities offer by emerging economies in Asia.
For instance, Indian Tobacco Company (ITC) launched its new disinfectant spray and liquid cleaner under its Savlon brand, in August 2020. This multipurpose disinfectant cleaner claims to offer dual benefit of cleaning and disinfecting in a single product.
Regional market players are experimenting with different chemical compositions to develop new and effective solutions will boost the market growth.
Key players operating in the antiseptic and disinfectant market are
- Novartis AG
- 3M Company
- Johnson & Johnson
- STERIS PLC
- Getinge Group
- Cardinal Health
- Dickinson and Company
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC
More Insights on the Antiseptic and Disinfectant Market:
Fact MR provides an unbiased analysis of the antiseptic and disinfectant market, presenting historical demand data (2020-2026) and forecast statistics for the period from 2021-2031. The study divulges compelling insights on the global antiseptic and disinfectant market with a detailed segmentation on the basis of:
- Quaternary Ammonium Compounds
- Chlorine Compounds
- Phenolic Compounds
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Healthcare Providers
- Commercial Users
- Domestic Users
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
Key Questions Covered In the Antiseptic and Disinfectant Market Report
- The report offers insight into antiseptic and disinfectant demand outlook for 2021-2031
- The market study also highlights projected sales growth for antiseptic and disinfectant market between 2021 and 2031
- Antiseptic and disinfectant market survey identifies key growth drivers, restraints, and other forces impacting prevailing trends and evaluation of current market size and forecast and technological advancements within the industry
- Antiseptic and disinfectant market share analysis of the key companies within the industry and coverage of strategies such as mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations or partnerships, and others
Explore Fact. MR’s Coverage on the Healthcare Domain
Antiseptic Bathing Market - Antiseptic bathing products are gaining popularity as a way to cleanse the skin before surgery. Due to the existence of a significant number of local competitors in the APAC geography, the antiseptic bathing market remains divided. The antiseptic bathing market's major firms are focusing their efforts on expanding their antiseptic bathing businesses in emerging areas.
Skin Antiseptic Market - Demand for skin antiseptics in the United States and Canada will be driven by an increase in the number of surgeries conducted, which will have a negative impact on market growth. The surgeon's initial step before the procedures is a pre-operative skin examination. Injection by application segment is expected to increase steadily over the next few years. The global market for skin antiseptics has been dominated by chlorhexidine gluconate.
Surgical Equipment Market - The advancements in minimally invasive procedures seen in the previous few years are symptomatic of significant advancements in surgical technology. Surgeons have been able to harness their expertise to give increased precision in complex procedures thanks to research and development activities done in recent years. The global surgical equipment market is divided into three categories - portable instruments, surgical sutures and staples, and electrosurgical devices.
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1,000 companies trust us for making their most critical decisions. We have offices in US and Dublin, whereas our global headquarter is in Dubai. While our experienced consultants employ the latest technologies to extract hard-to-find insights, we believe our USP is the trust clients have on our expertise. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare & retail, our coverage is expansive, but we ensure even the most niche categories are analyzed. Reach out to us with your goals, and we’ll be an able research partner.
US Sales Office:
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583