Demand for Anticoagulants to Grow at 8% Annually through 2026: Fact.MR Concludes in Latest Market Survey
170 Pages Market Research Survey by Fact MR, A Market Research and Competitive Intelligence Provider, Highlights Key Trends Driving Anticoagulants Market Growth
The Fact.MR analysis on anticoagulants market provides insights into factors enabling sales across various segments in the market including drug class, indication and sales channels. It also sheds light on growth strategies adopted by vendors to gain competitive edge
Fact.MR: Anticoagulants market demand outlook will remain strong as Fact MR forecasts the market to exhibit robust growth patterns, expanding at 8% CAGR during 2020-2026. Increasing incidence of cardiovascular diseases due to unhealthy lifestyle patterns among individuals will spur demand for anticoagulants in upcoming years.
Sales of anticoagulants are expected to rise significantly in developed countries, owing to increasing financial support offered by government authorities to further strengthen the healthcare infrastructure in public interest.
Applications of anticoagulants for prevention of blood clotting are leading to innovations in anticoagulant drugs. These efforts are intended to ensure enhanced efficacy, encouraging leading market players to invest heavily in research and development for better product portfolios.
Cost-effectiveness of conventional anticoagulants such as Warfarin is dominating sales in emerging economies. However, the given dominance is impeding demand for advanced anticoagulant drugs in some countries. Other factors affecting growth are long-term treatments and high budget allocation for advanced anticoagulants.
However, negative side effects of consumption of novel oral anticoagulants (NOACs) such as vomiting, nausea, and excessive bleeding will further impair market growth during the assessment period. Nevertheless, research and development targeting elimination of side effects in NOACs can potentially revive growth prospects in the future.
In order to assist patients dealing with financial burden of anticoagulation treatments, top manufacturers are relying on patient-assistance programs to boost growth prospects of anticoagulants. For instance, Bristol Myers Squibb is offering financial aid through the company’s foundation to patients purchasing anticoagulant drugs.
As per Fact MR's anticoagulants market survey, a gradual shift from conventional heparins to XA inhibitors is being witnessed across developed nations. Accounting for 54% of the total anticoagulant sales in the U.S., XA inhibitors are emerging as the most preferred drug class. However, popularity of heparins will continue to rise in emerging economies due to easy availability and low costs.
Emergence of online pharmacies will continue fostering sales of anticoagulant drugs through 2026. Prompt delivery offered by online channels is allowing manufacturers to improve the sales outlook of anticoagulants significantly.
"Increasing incidence of heart attacks due to unfavorable lifestyle patterns will spur demand for advanced anticoagulants in the market. Research and development to develop novel anticoagulants, coupled with penetration of eCommerce will foster sales during the assessment period," says a fact MR analyst.
Request a report sample to gain comprehensive insights at
Key Takeaways from Anticoagulant Market Analysis
- Demand outlook for anticoagulants market appears to be positive, expanding at 8% CAGR between 2020-2026.
- Sales of XA inhibitors will continue gaining momentum during the assessment period, owing to high efficacy in anticoagulant therapy.
- Demand for heparin anticoagulants will exhibit an upward trend in developing economies.
- The U.S. is anticipated to experience growth in demand for advanced anticoagulants due to the presence of leading players and patient-assistance programs.
- Increasing investments in healthcare infrastructure in China will positively shape the anticoagulants market outlook.
- Availability of anticoagulants through online pharmacies will propel sales in the market.
- Increasing investments by government authorities in advanced drug developments will facilitate novel product rollout, thereby boosting sales of anticoagulants.
- Side effects caused by NOACs may stunt growth in anticoagulants market.
- Lack of low-cost alternatives in emerging economies may impede growth during the forecast period.
Request for customization of Anticoagulant Market at;
Top companies in anticoagulant drugs manufacturing are emphasizing research and development to innovate highly effective anticoagulants to support the increasing demand. In addition to R&D, facility expansions and acquisitions remain key growth strategies among leading players. For instance, in June 2021, Daiichi Sankyo Company Limited established its subsidiary in Vietnam, to further expand its operations in Asia.
Top Manufacturers of Anticoagulants Include:
- Bayer AG
- Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Daiichi Sankyo Company Limited
- Johnson & Johnson Service.
More Valuable Insights on Anticoagulants Market
Fact MR provides an unbiased analysis of the anticoagulants market, presenting historical demand data (2016-2020) and forecast statistics for the period from 2020-2027. The study divulges compelling insights on the global anticoagulant market with a detailed segmentation on the basis of:
- Factor XA Inhibitors (NOAC/DOAC)
- Direct Thrombin Inhibitors
- Vitamin K Antagonists
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Atrial Fibrillation & Heart Attack
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
Key Questions Covered in the Anticoagulant Market Report
- The report offers insight into anticoagulants market demand outlook for 2021-2031
- The market study also highlights projected sales growth for anticoagulants market between 2021 and 2031
- Anticoagulants market survey identifies key growth drivers, restraints, and other forces impacting prevailing trends and evaluation of current market size and forecast and technological advancements within the industry
- Anticoagulants market share analysis of the key companies within the industry and coverage of strategies such as mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations or partnerships, and others
Explore Fact.MR’s Coverage on the Healthcare Domain -
Anticoagulant Reversal Drugs Market- With the increased frequency of surgeries, the sales of anticoagulant reversal drugs through hospital pharmacies are on the rise. In addition, recent times have witnessed a boom in the number of outpatient care centres and ambulatory surgery centres, which is predicted to enhance the market for anticoagulant reversal medications. Anticoagulant reversal drugs are expected to become more popular as the prevalence of atrial fibrillation, cerebral haemorrhages, and gastrointestinal haemorrhages rises.
Xanthine Oxidase Inhibitors Market- Over the projected period, the rising prevalence of hyperuricemia with increasing age is expected to be the primary driving factor for the growth of the xanthine oxidase inhibitors market. The market for xanthine oxidase inhibitors is also growing due to changes in lifestyle and dietary habits. The market for xanthine oxidase inhibitors is harmed by a variety of medication side effects.
Drug Delivery Systems Market- The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic will bolster drug delivery system chances. Hospitals and clinics are experiencing severe shortages of key medical equipment such as respirators and ventilators as the incidence of infections rises rapidly every day. The lifting of lockdowns and social distancing measures is predicted to significantly improve production cycles, resulting in higher output and resolving critical shortages in drug delivery devices and systems.
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1,000 companies trust us for making their most critical decisions. We have offices in US and Dublin, whereas our global headquarter is in Dubai. While our experienced consultants employ the latest technologies to extract hard-to-find insights, we believe our USP is the trust clients have on our expertise. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare & retail, our coverage is expansive, but we ensure even the most niche categories are analyzed. Reach out to us with your goals, and we’ll be an able research partner.
US Sales Office
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583