Recombinant DNA Technology Market Size to Hit US$ 1079 Billion by 2030
According to Nova one advisor’s latest research report on the global Recombinant DNA Technology market size was estimated at USD 690 billion in 2021 and is expected to surpass around USD 1079 billion by 2030 and poised to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.09% during the forecast period 2022 to 2030.
Full Report is Ready | Request Free Sample of This Report@ https://www.novaoneadvisor.com/report/sample/6821
This has extended its usage in widespread applications including conventional as well as non-conventional applications. Over the past years, this space has witnessed tremendous achievement in the production of recombinant drugs and therapeutics without the help of human donors.
The classical example of this achievement is the commercial success of genetically engineered insulin for diabetes treatment. The biotech and pharmaceutical firms are engaged in deciphering the potential of rDNA techniques in various aspects of disease management. This is mainly to combat the soaring burden of chronic diseases and keep pace with the growing therapeutics demand.
The success of genetically engineered human insulin in diabetes treatment has triggered the development of many other recombinant therapeutics and drugs. This has translated to the huge success of Recombinant DNA (rDNA) technology. This technology has offered significant prospects for elucidating the gap between disease and its effective treatment.
Widespread successful application of this technique in veterinary product development, genetically modified crop development, biopesticides & biofuel production, and gene therapy, are expected to spur the adoption of this technology throughout the forecast period.
The use of Genetically Modified (GM) products, such as GM animals, developed using the rDNA method are found to be indispensable to accelerate medical research. Furthermore, more than 3000 scientific studies have been carried out to assess GM product safety in context to its impact on human health and the environment.
In addition, there is a rising need to improve the recombinant proteins’ production capacity by several folds, owing to an increase in demand for effective therapeutics for disease treatment. The aforementioned fact pronounces the technological advances in this sector thus driving growth.
As per Monsanto and other proponents of GM crops, genetic engineering is one of the fastest and widely adopted agricultural innovations over the past few years. This, in turn, is expected to bolster the adoption of rDNA technology for non-traditional applications.
Report Scope of the Recombinant DNA Technology Market
US$ 1079 Billion by 2030
CAGR of 5.09% from 2022 to 2030
Fastest Growing Market
2022 to 2030
Product, Component, Application, End Userand Region,
Full Report is Ready | Quick Buy This Premium Report from Here@ https://www.novaoneadvisor.com/report/checkout/6821
rDNA technology has revolutionized the medical field and is having an ever-increasing impact on clinical medicine. It has facilitated disease treatment by insertion of new genes in place of damaged & diseased genes. The medical segment is further bifurcated into the therapeutic agents, recombinant protein, and vaccines. Out of all, therapeutic agents captured dominance over its counterpart segments owing to the presence of a substantial number of genetically engineered products for clinical applications.
However, vaccines are expected to be a source of lucrative revenue generation in the coming years due to the presence of a robust vaccine pipeline. Advancements in genetic engineering and process development are anticipated to drive growth in this segment. The non-medical segment of this market is majorly driven by the success of GM crops.
Global hectarage of biotech crops is observed to rise from 110-fold from 1.7 million hectares (1996) to 185.1 million hectares (2016). The top 5 countries that are engaged in planting biotech crops by hectarage are the USA, Brazil, Argentina, Canada, and India. Major GM crops are soybean, maize, cotton, and canola. The rise in the penetration of associated technologies such as genome editing in plant tissue engineering is expected to usher progress in this segment.
The expression system and cloning vector are recognized as the two key elements of this technology. Expression systems captured the largest share owing to the ongoing developments for efficient protein expression and for its further isolation on a large scale. Majorly used expression systems are mammalian, bacterial, insects, and yeast. The development of cell lines such as HEK293 and Chinese Hamster Ovarian (CHO) has contributed to the significant share of mammalian expression systems.
In addition, ongoing research studies to explore the potential of plant as expression system are expected to drive the adoption of plan expression systems for GM product development in the coming years. Cloning vectors are recognized as the backbone for the production of DNA inserts. In 2016, Cohen was honored with the “2016 Biotechnology Heritage Award” for creating rDNA plasmids. Such achievements are expected to positively influence the growth of this segment throughout the forecast period.
Rapid advances in genetic engineering have played a major role in reshaping the usage of these techniques in health & disease, agriculture, and the environment. Health & disease application has accounted for the large share and is expected to maintain its dominance throughout the forecast period. This large share can be attributed to the presence of a wide range of recombinant products for human disease treatment such as drugs, vaccines, and enzymes replacements. Moreover, the extended use of this technology for animal disease treatment has also driven the progress of this segment.
With the growing burden of crop improvement and consequent stress on farmers to meet the customer’s needs, this technology has gradually evolved as a panacea for addressing these issues of the agriculture sector. This, in turn, has resulted in a notable success of the recombination techniques in food and agriculture applications. Other applications, such as biofuel production, are expected to witness considerable growth in the coming years. This is mainly due to ongoing research activities to augment the scope of the space.
Various end-use segments served by this recombinant DNA technology market include pharmaceutical & biotech entities, academic & research institutes, and other industrial entities. Pharmaceutical & biotech firms are major beneficiaries in this market as the techniques accelerate their drug development capabilities. Moreover, the end-products using rDNA techniques in this segment are highly valued and observed to have significant improvement in productivity. Hence, these organizations account for a larger share.
Moreover, significant capital expenditure taken up by the companies for the development of a wide range of recombinant human therapeutics is supportive of the estimated share. These organizations are anticipated to maintain dominance in the coming years as a consequence of rising adoption for biologics production.
The largest share of the North America region can be attributed to the fact that a substantial number of biopharmaceutical manufacturing participants are headquartered in the U.S. Moreover, the presence of effective regulatory bodies to monitor the various ethical and scientific concerns pertaining to the use of technology have driven regional growth. In July 2017, this country witnessed the 1st FDA approval for U.S. gene therapy treatment. The treatment was developed for leukemia, as a result of a collaboration between the University of Pennsylvania and Novartis Corp. This, in turn, is anticipated to nurture the implementation of rDNA techniques in the region.
The presence of low-cost manufacturing centers in the Asian economies, such as China, has driven significant attention from global entities to translocate their business in this region. Furthermore, Japan is recognized as one of the world’s largest per capita importers of food and feed developed using modern biotechnology tools. Japan’s regulatory system for GE crops continues to improve. Moreover, there is no significant trade barrier in Japan to hamper GE products export from western countries. As a result, Asia Pacific is expected to emerge as the fastest-growing regional market.
- PreHevbrio (Recombinant Hepatitis B Vaccine) was released in the United States by VBI Vaccines Inc. in March 2022 for the prevention of infection caused by all known subtypes of the hepatitis B virus (HBV) in adults aged 18 and older. Additionally, the benefit of releasing the vaccine is to create an enhancement in the vaccination rates with support of the US health professionals and provide protection especially to the adult patients from HBV
- VBI Vaccines Inc. received a positive feedback from the European Medicines Agency's Committee for medicinal products use in February 2022. This opinion was related to the 3-antigen hepatitis B (HBV) vaccine, PreHevbri for creating immunization for being protected from infection caused by the hepatitis B virus in adults. Hepatitis B remains to be a public health issue in Europe and therefore, this positive opinion created a meaningful option for health providers in protecting patients from the disease
- In June 2021, the GenWandTM Double-Stranded DNA (dsDNA) Service for manufacturing the CRISPR knock in homology-directed repair (HDR) templates in T cell engineering have been launched by GenScript USA Inc., the world's leading life science research tools and services provider. Closed end dsDNA is useful for large screening and scaling up in cell and gene therapy. This is because it allows researchers to conduct gene knock in with higher efficiency and lesser toxicity than typical PCR procedures
Some of the prominent players in the Recombinant DNA Technology Market include:
- New England Biolabs
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Biogen, Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Amgen, Inc.
- Monsanto Company
Segments Covered in the Report
This report forecasts revenue growth at global, regional, and country levels and provides an analysis of the latest industry trends in each of the sub-segments from 2017 to 2030. For this study, Nova one advisor, Inc. has segmented the global Recombinant DNA Technology market
- Therapeutic Agent
- Human Protein
- Biotech Crops
- Specialty Chemicals
- Expression System
- Cloning Vector
- Health and disease
- Food and Agriculture
By End User
- Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies
- Research institutes
- Asia-Pacific [China, Southeast Asia, India, Japan, Korea, Western Asia]
- Europe [Germany, UK, France, Italy, Russia, Spain, Netherlands, Turkey, Switzerland]
- North America [United States, Canada, Mexico]
- South America [Brazil, Argentina, Columbia, Chile, Peru]
- Middle East & Africa [GCC, North Africa, South Africa]
Click Here to View Full Report Table of Contents
Objectives of the Study
- To define, describe, and forecast the Recombinant DNA Technology market based on type, technology, application, end user, and region
- To provide detailed information regarding the major factors influencing market growth (such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges)
- To strategically analyze micromarkets with respect to individual growth trends, prospects, and contributions to the total market
- To analyze opportunities in the market for stakeholders and provide details of the competitive landscape for market leaders
- To forecast the size of the market segments with respect to five major regions, namely, North America, Europe, the Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East and Africa
- To profile key market players and comprehensively analyze their product portfolios, market shares, and core competencies
- To track and analyze competitive developments, such as product launches, expansions, acquisitions, agreements, and collaborations in the Recombinant DNA Technology market
Full Report is Ready | Quick Buy This Premium Report From Here@ https://www.novaoneadvisor.com/report/checkout/6821
You can place an order or ask any questions, please feel free to email@example.com| +1 9197 992 333
Nova One Advisor is a worldwide market research and consulting organization. We give unmatched nature of offering to our customers present all around the globe across industry verticals. Nova One Advisor has expertise in giving deep-dive market insight along with market intelligence to our customers spread crosswise over various undertakings.