Antiviral Drug Resistance Market Rise in the Incidences of Hepatitis Diseases to Drive Market Growth
The antiviral drug resistance market was valued at US$ 2,572.26 million in 2018 and it is projected to reach US$ 4,573.24 million in 2027; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.8% from 2019 to 2027.
Antiviral drug resistance refers to decreased susceptibility towards a drug which occurs due to changes in viral genotypes. During instances of antiviral resistance, the drugs have either lost their effectiveness or have been diminished against the virus to be targeted. Antiviral drug resistance is a rising concern among the immune-compromised patients. The growth of the global antiviral drug resistance market is attributed to the rise in the incidences of hepatitis diseases and increasing prevalence of HIV/AIDS. However, alternative approaches is the major factor hindering the market growth.
The COVID-19 crisis has overburdened public health systems in many countries and highlighted the strong need for sustainable investment in health systems. As the COVID-19 pandemic progresses, the healthcare industry is expected to see a drop in growth. The life sciences segment thrives due to increased demand for invitro diagnostic products and rising research and development activities worldwide. However, the medical technologies and imaging segment is witnessing drop in sales due to a smaller number of surgeries being carried out and delayed or prolonged equipment procurement.
Request sample of this research report at: https://www.theinsightpartners.com/sample/TIPRE00006395/
Key findings from the report
- In terms of product, the global antiviral drug resistance market is segmented into kits and reagents and instruments. In 2018, the kits and reagents segment held largest share of the market. Moreover, the same segment is estimated to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period.
- Based on disease indication, the global antiviral drug resistance market is segmented into HIV, hepatitis and Cytomegalovirus (CMV). The HIV segment held the largest market share in 2018. Also, the same segment is estimated to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period.
- In terms of technology, the global antiviral drug resistance market is segmented into immunodiagnostics, polymerase chain reaction (PCR), next generation sequencing (NGS), Sanger sequencing, and other technologies. In 2018, the immunodiagnostics segment held largest share of the market. The same segment is expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
- In terms of end user, the global antiviral drug resistance market is segmented into hospitals and clinics, pathology or diagnostic laboratories and research institutes. The hospitals and clinics segment held the largest share of the market in 2018, and the same segment is estimated to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period.
- The major players operating in the antiviral drug resistance market include, Danaher, Abbott, BD, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Trinity Biotech, Seimens AG, bioMérieux SA, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc, AccuBioTech Co., Ltd., and ACON Laboratories, Inc.
Viruses are the tinier germs that can cause several infectious diseases such as flu, common cold, and warts. Viruses can also cause severe illnesses, including smallpox, HIV/AIDS, and Ebola. Viruses reproduce inside cells and able to enter into any living, healthy cells and multiply and produce other viruses like themselves. Different viruses attack specific cells in the body such as liver, brain, skin, blood and also reproductive, respiratory, and gastrointestinal systems.
The prevalence of virus infections such as hepatitis has increased during recent years across the globe. Hepatitis causes liver damage and inflammation that can also damage other organs. It is a major global health problem that can cause chronic infection and also upsurge the higher risk of death from cirrhosis and liver cancer. Hepatitis can be categorized as hepatitis A, B, C, D, and E that spread through different causes. According to the WHO (World Health Organization), the prevalence of Hepatitis B is the highest in the African and Western Pacific Region, where 6.1% and 6.2% of the adult population is infected respectively.
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented the global antiviral drug resistance market on the basis of type, product, platform, end user, and region:
Global Antiviral Drug Resistance Market – by Product
- Kits and Reagents
Global Antiviral Drug Resistance Market – by Disease Indication
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Other Hepatitis
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV)
Global Antiviral Drug Resistance Market – by Technology
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
- Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
- Sanger Sequencing
- Other Technologies
Global Antiviral Drug Resistance Market – by End- User
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Pathology or Diagnostic Laboratories
- Research Institutes
Place an Order Now: https://www.theinsightpartners.com/buy/TIPRE00006395/
The Insight Partners is a one stop industry research provider of actionable intelligence. We help our clients in getting solutions to their research requirements through our syndicated and consulting research services. We specialize in industries such as Semiconductor and Electronics, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive and Transportation, Biotechnology, Healthcare IT, Manufacturing and Construction, Medical Device, Technology, Media and Telecommunications, Chemicals and Materials.
We are committed to provide highest quality research and consulting services to our customers. We help our clients understand the key market trends, identify opportunities, and make informed decisions with our market research offerings at an affordable cost.
Contact Person: Sameer Joshi
Email Id- email@example.com