Urinary Tract Infection Treatment Market: Growing Incidence of Urinary Tract Infections
According to our new market research study on “Urinary Tract Infection Treatment Market to 2027 – COVID-19 Impact and Global Analysis – by Drug Class, Indication, and Distribution Channel,” the market is expected to reach US$ 11,614.32 million by 2027 from US$ 9,106.40 million in 2019; it is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 3.2% from 2020 to 2027. The growth of the market is attributed to the growing prevalence of urinary tract infections, aging population, and emerging computing technologies for urine diagnostics. However, the lack of product awareness in emerging countries and effects associated with medication obstruct the growth of the market to a certain extent.
The growth of the market is attributed to the growing prevalence of urinary tract infections, aging population, and emerging computing technologies for urine diagnostics. However, the lack of product awareness in emerging countries and effects associated with medication obstruct the growth of the Urinary Tract Infection Treatment market to a certain extent.
Request for sample at: https://www.theinsightpartners.com/sample/TIPRE00005931/
Key Findings from The Urinary Tract Infection Treatment Market
- Based on drug class, the quinolones segment held the largest share of the market in 2019; however, the penicillin and combination segment is anticipated to register the highest CAGR of 4.5% in the market during the forecast period.
- The future growth of the market for quinolones is mainly ascribed to the fact that it is most commonly prescribed by physicians. Ciprofloxacin, levofloxacin, and enoxacin are among the most widely used drugs for treatment.
- The urinary tract infection treatment market, by indication, is segmented into complicated urinary tract infections and uncomplicated urinary tract infections. The complicated urinary tract infections segment held a larger market share in 2019; also, the segment is anticipated to register a higher CAGR in the market during the forecast period.
- The urinary tract infection treatment market, by distribution channel, is segmented into hospital pharmacies, gynecology and urology clinics, drug stores, retail pharmacies, and online drug stores. The hospital pharmacies distribution channel segment held the largest share of the market in 2019, whereas online drug stores segment is anticipated to register the highest CAGR in the market during the forecast period.
- The urinary tract infection treatment market players—such as Shionogi & Co., Ltd.; Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd; Allergan; and Pfizer—have been adopting several organic and inorganic strategies to enhance their revenue and market standings. For instance, in April 2019, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd announced the launch of a generic version of VESIcare (solifenacin succinate) Tablets, 5 mg and 10 mg, in the US.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Mylan N.V., ALLERGAN, Pfizer Inc., Cipla Ltd, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Shionogi Inc., Amway, and DuPont Nutrition & Biosciences are among the leading companies in the urinary tract infection treatment market.
R&D in UTI treatment is expected to offer lucrative growth opportunities to the players in the global urinary tract infection treatment market. For instance, in July 2018, Lupin received approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for generic Nitrofurantoin capsules. It is a generic version of Macrodantin offered by Alvogen Malta Operations Ltd. It is used to treat UTI caused by Staphylococcus aureus, enterococci, etc. Further, in February 2020, a France-based pharmaceutical company announced Exblifep, a combination of a novel extended-spectrum beta-lactamase inhibitor, enmetazobactam, and cefepime. i.e., the fourth-generation cephalosporin, which achieved primary endpoints in a clinical trial for complicated UTIs. Moreover, in July 2019, Healthy.io, a smartphone camera-based solutions developer, announced an agreement with Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. placing Healthy.io's Dip UTI test kits in boots pharmacies throughout the UK. Additionally, in May 2020, Spero Therapeutics, Inc. announced the completion of patient enrollment in its Phase 3 clinical trial, ADAPT-PO, of tebipenem HBr to treat complicated urinary tract infection (cUTI) and acute pyelonephritis (AP). In July 2019, the US FDA approved Recarbrio drug to treat cUTI and complicated intra-abdominal infection in adults. In June 2018, Achaogen, Inc. received the US FDA approval for ZEMDRI to treat cUTIs in adults. In November 2018, Allergan, announced the launch of the FDA accepted supplemental drug AVYCAZ to treat cUTIs and complicated intra-abdominal infections patients between the age group of 3 months to 18 years. Applying such strategic measures can be lucrative for the urinary tract infection treatment market during the forecast period.
Growing Incidence of Urinary Tract Infections
Women are at a higher risk of developing urinary tract infections (UTIs) than men. UTIs, if go untreated, can lead to severe pain along with serious consequences to kidneys. UTIs show certain symptoms such as persistent urge to urinate, inflammation, change in appearance of urine, and nausea. The increasing prevalence of UTIs is one of the prominent factors driving the growth of the urinary tract infection treatment market. For instance, according to a study conducted by a group of researchers at the American College of Physicians and Infectious Diseases Society of America in 2020, UTIs accounts for ~6 million physicians visits each year in the US.
Certain risk factors such as sexual activity, poor hygiene, and aging may cause UTIs. Increasing incidence of these risk factors are also estimated to drive the urinary tract infection treatment market growth by 2027. According to a study published in the International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health in 2019, patients with existing chronic conditions such as coronary artery disease (CAD), chronic kidney disease (CKD), and diabetes mellitus (DM) have high possibilities of acquiring UTIs. Therefore, the high epidemiology of UTI generates demand for its treatment products, eventually driving the market growth.
Place an Order Now: https://www.theinsightpartners.com/buy/TIPRE00005931/
The Insight Partners is a one stop industry research provider of actionable intelligence. We help our clients in getting solutions to their research requirements through our syndicated and consulting research services. We specialize in industries such as Semiconductor and Electronics, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive and Transportation, Biotechnology, Healthcare IT, Manufacturing and Construction, Medical Device, Technology, Media and Telecommunications, Chemicals and Materials.
We are committed to provide highest quality research and consulting services to our customers. We help our clients understand the key market trends, identify opportunities, and make informed decisions with our market research offerings at an affordable cost.
Contact Person: Sameer Joshi