Stem Cell Therapy Market Size Worth USD 3,693.6 Million by 2027
The global Stem Cell Therapy Market is expected to reach USD 3,693.6 Million by 2027, according to a new report by Emergen Research. The market is estimated to register a CAGR of 36.2% from 2020 to 2027. The major growth drivers for this market are the increasing use of stem cell therapy for the treatment of several challenging diseases and a growing number of ongoing clinical trials.
Stem cell therapy is an emerging treatment option for patients with degenerative diseases and injuries. It involves the injection of healthy stem cells into the patient's body to replace damaged or diseased cells. This helps to restore normal function and improve the quality of life.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the total number of people suffering from diabetes globally was about 422 million in 2014, and this number is anticipated to rise to 642 million by 2040. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in 2015, around 1.6 million new cases of cancer were diagnosed in the U.S., and about 595,690 people died from the disease. These factors are anticipated to increase the demand for stem cell therapy products during the forecast period.
Request Free Sample Copy (To Understand the Complete Structure of this Report [Summary + TOC]) @ https://www.emergenresearch.com/request-sample/83
The increasing government initiatives and funds to support research & development (R&D) activities related to stem cell therapy is projected to fuel the growth of this market. For instance, in 2015, the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM) provided USD 20 million in funding to Sangamo Therapeutics, Inc. for developing new gene editing technology that can be used to treat beta thalassemia and sickle cell disease. According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), in 2016, around USD 2 billion was spent on stem cell research, which includes USD 1.58 billion from the NIH and USD 404 million from non-profit organizations.
However, ethical issues associated with the use of stem cells are anticipated to restraint the market growth during the forecast period. Also, stringent regulations for the approval of stem cell-based products are projected to hamper the market growth during the forecast period.
Some Key Highlights from the Report
- On the basis of therapy type, the market is bifurcated into autologous and allogeneic. The autologous segment held the largest market share in 2019 owing to the advantages offered by this therapy, such as a lower risk of rejection and the ability to use the patient's own cells.
- On the basis of application, the market is divided into blood disorders, neurological disorders, orthopedic disorders, immunodeficiency disorders, and others. The blood disorders segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period due to the increase in the number of patients with blood disorders, such as leukemia and lymphoma.
- On the basis of end-user, the market is classified into hospitals, research laboratories & institutes, and others. The hospitals segment held the largest market share in 2019 as they are well-equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure and skilled personnel.
- On the basis of region, the market is categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America held the largest market share in 2019 due to the presence of a large number of key players in this region and the increasing adoption of stem cell therapy.
- The Asia Pacific region is expected to register the highest growth rate in the stem cell therapy market during the forecast period. The high growth of this regional segment is due to increased healthcare expenditure, growing awareness about stem cell therapies, and a large number of ongoing clinical trials in this region. According to the World Bank, in 2017, the healthcare expenditure in China was USD 357 per capita, which is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.9% from 2018 to 2025.
- Key participants include Virgin Health Bank, Celgene Corporation, ReNeuron Group plc, Biovault Family, Precious Cells International Ltd., Mesoblast Ltd., Opexa Therapeutics, Inc., Caladrius, Neuralstem, Inc., and Pluristem, among others.
Browse Full Report Description + Research Methodology + Table of Content + Infographics@ https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/stem-cell-therapy-market
For the purpose of this report, Emergen Research has segmented into the global Stem Cell Therapy Market on the basis of type, application, end-user, and region:
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
- Allogeneic Stem Cell Therapy
- Autologous Stem Cell Therapy
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
- Regenerative Medicine
- Hematology stem cells
- Soft tissue injuries
- Cardiovascular and myocardial infarction-based
- Liver Disorder
- Drug discovery & development
End-User Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
Emergen Research is Offering Limited Time Discount (Grab a Copy at Discounted Price Now) @ https://www.emergenresearch.com/request-discount/83
Explore More Reports Emergen Research:
About Emergen Research
Emergen Research is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Types, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trend’s existent in the market. Emergen Research has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.
Corporate Sales Specialist
Emergen Research | Web: www.emergenresearch.com
Direct Line: +1 (604) 757-9756
Emergen Research Media Citations: https://www.emergenresearch.com/media-citations
Visit for More Insights: https://www.emergenresearch.com/insights
Press Release Available @ https://www.emergenresearch.com/press-release/global-stem-cell-therapy-market