Rising Glaucoma Prevalence to Spur Advanced Glaucoma Diagnostics Deployment
Software integration is touted as the most important therapeutic advancements, likely to yield promising results
Fact.MR, Rockville MD: The glaucoma diagnostics market is anticipated to post substantial gains through 2021 and beyond, as ophthalmic clinics resume elective surgeries in the post-pandemic scenario. Long-term prospects are expected to remain underpinned by immense promises exhibited by virtue of technological integration to fast-track surgical procedures and reduction of patient trauma.
According to a study published in the National Center for Biotechnology Information, global prevalence of glaucoma for the population aged 40-80 years is over 3%, with primary open angle glaucoma prevalence being the highest in Africa (4.2%), while incidence of primary angle closure glaucoma is the highest in Asia, at 1.1%. It was further established that the total number of glaucoma patients would rise to 76 million by 2020, and further to 111.8 million by 2040.
Based on these aforementioned trends, key countries are augmenting their healthcare spending to incorporate highly sophisticated glaucoma diagnostic approaches, including state-of-the-art processing software. At least 50% of glaucoma patients are unaware that they are affected. In some developing countries, 90% of the cases are undetected. Hence, manufacturers are finding immense opportunities across these regions.
“As the global geriatric population base widens, demand for advanced ophthalmic surgeries, including glaucoma, is bound to increase. In addition, onset amongst the younger generation due to their sedentary lifestyle is also anticipated to act as an important growth lever,” says the Fact.MR analyst.
Request a report sample to gain comprehensive insights at https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=4003
Key Takeaways from Fact.MR’s Glaucoma Diagnostics Market Study
- By product type, OCT imaging systems are expected to experience heightened demand
- Open angle glaucoma surgeries to remain the primary indication type for glaucoma diagnostics equipment deployment
- By end-user, maximum deployment is anticipated across ophthalmology diagnostic centers
- US to witness high adoption amid rising prevalence of primary open angle glaucoma
- Around 10% of UK blindness is attributed to glaucoma, spurring advanced glaucoma diagnostics devices uptake
- Increased funding for ophthalmic research to fuel glaucoma diagnostics equipment/software sales in France & Germany
- India to emerge as a heavyweight in the Asian glaucoma diagnostics domain, amid growing cases of vision loss
Glaucoma Diagnostics Market- Prominent Drivers
- Rising geriatric population and associated visual impairments are widening glaucoma diagnostics market expansion
- Patients are increasingly demanding lesser surgery times, prompting service providers to integrate fast processing software
- Increased sedentary lifestyle prevalence is compounding glaucoma incidences, prompting enhanced adoption
Glaucoma Diagnostics Market- Key Restraints
- High capital expenditure associated with integrating sophisticated software solutions to restrain adoption
- Rigid reimbursement policies for OCT devices is likely to discourage ophthalmologists from adopting advanced diagnostic devices
Discover more about the glaucoma diagnostics market with figures, data tables and the table of contents. You will also find detailed market segmentation on https://www.factmr.com/report/4003/glaucoma-diagnostics-market
The global market for Glaucoma Diagnostics is fragmented with limited market players. Examples of some of the key players operating in the global glaucoma diagnostics market are NIDEK CO., LTD, Topcon Corporation, Heidelberg Engineering GmbH, Carl Zeiss Meditec AG, Optovue Incorporated, Leica Microsystems, and Haag-Streit Group.
Introducing contemporary software to better aid surgical procedures. Recently, in March 2021, NIDEK CO. LTD. announced the launch of its RT-6100 CB for Windows, an optional control software for the RT-6100 Intelligent Refractor and the TS-610 Tabletop Refraction System. The platform will aid in delivering the comprehensive examination capabilities of the existing control console through a Windows computer.
Likewise, Topcon Corporation offers the Automated Binocular Refraction System named Chronos. This platform combines binocular autorefraction and keratometry measurements with binocular subjective testing and visual acuity in a single instrument. It is equipped with the SightPilot guided refraction software which simplifies refraction with a step-by-step guide, providing the operator instructions on how to proceed based on patient response.
More Insights on the Glaucoma Diagnostics Market
In its ongoing study, Fact.MR offers unbiased analysis of the global glaucoma diagnostics market. In order to understand the global market potential, its growth, and scope, the market is segmented on the basis of product type (optical coherence tomography imaging systems, retinal tomography & retinal angiography systems, corneal pachymeters, visual field testing devices, tonometers and others), indication type (open angle glaucoma, low tension glaucoma, pigmentary glaucoma, closed angle glaucoma and others) and end users (hospitals, specialty clinics, ophthalmology diagnostic centers and research institutes) across seven major regions (North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania and Middle East & Africa).
Request For No-Obligation Table Of Content
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1,000 companies trust us for making their most critical decisions. We have offices in US and Dublin, whereas our global headquarter is in Dubai. While our experienced consultants employ the latest technologies to extract hard-to-find insights, we believe our USP is the trust clients have on our expertise. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare & retail, our coverage is expansive, but we ensure even the most niche categories are analyzed. Reach out to us with your goals, and we’ll be an able research partner.
US Sales Office:
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
Market Intelligence Services: Marketngage.com