Postpartum Depression Market Size to Reach USD 55.28 Billion in 2030 | Emergen Research
The global postpartum depression market size reached USD 5.10 Billion in 2021 and is expected to register a revenue CAGR of 30.4% during the forecast period, according to latest analysis by Emergen Research. The rising awareness about the condition and its potential consequences on mothers and babies is expected to be a key factor driving the growth of the market. In addition, the increasing number of government initiatives to create awareness about postpartum depression is expected to support market growth. For instance, in May 2019, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) launched a national campaign, “Depression: Let’s Talk,” to raise awareness about depression and its importance in seeking help.
The high cost of treatment is expected to be a key challenge for market growth. In addition, the lack of awareness about postpartum depression in low- and middle-income countries is expected to restraint market growth.
Request Free Sample Copy (To Understand the Complete Structure of this Report [Summary + TOC]) @ https://www.emergenresearch.com/request-sample/1079
Postpartum Depression (PPD) is a medical condition that can affect a woman after she gives birth. It is also commonly referred to as postnatal depression or perinatal depression. Symptoms of PPD can include feeling sad, anxious, hopeless, worthless, and guilty. Many women with PPD also have trouble sleeping and eating.
PPD affects up to 20% of women who give birth each year. It can occur anytime during the first year after childbirth, but is most common during the first three months postpartum. While PPD can happen to any woman, there are certain risk factors that may make a woman more likely to experience it. These include a history of depression or anxiety, lack of social support, stressful life events, and a difficult delivery.
Some Key Highlights From the Report
- Hospitals segment accounted for a significantly revenue share in 2021 owing to rising number of initiatives by government and nongovernmental organizations to create awareness among people about the importance of early diagnosis and treatment of postpartum depression. According to National Institute of Mental Health, in 2017, around 15% of women in the U.S. suffer from postpartum depression which is likely to fuel the demand for postpartum depression treatments in hospitals.
- Hormonal therapy segment is expected to register steady revenue CAGR during the forecast period due to the wide range of therapeutic benefits associated with this type of treatment and its ability to control the chemical messengers in the brain.
- According to WHO, prevalence of postpartum depression was 10.9% in high-income countries, 7.4% in middle-income countries, and 5.8% in low & middle-income countries in 2015. This indicates higher prevalence of postpartum depression in low & middle-income countries as compared to high-income countries.
Browse Full Report Description + Research Methodology + Table of Content + Infographics@ https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/postpartum-depression-market
- According to a study published in The Lancet in 2018, it was estimated that there will be an increase of 18% in number of women suffering from postpartum depression by 2030 globally. Therefore, rising awareness regarding postpartum depression and its treatments is expected to boost the market growth.
- According to National Institute of Mental Health, in 2015, prevalence of postpartum depression was estimated to be 15.9% in U.S. Therefore, high incidence rate of postpartum depression in U.S. is expected to support the market growth during the forecast period.
- Rising number of initiatives by key players to create awareness regarding postpartum depression is expected to support the market growth. For instance, in January 2019, PPD ACT developed an online training module for health care providers with an aim to raise awareness and improve detection rates of postpartum depression globally.
- North America held the largest revenue share of 41.8% in 2020 and is expected to retain its leading position over the forecast period. The large share can be attributed to the increasing awareness about postpartum depression and its consequences, as well as the availability of advanced treatment options in the region.
- Some major companies in the global market report are Pfizer Inc., Sage Therapeutics, Lipocine Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, GlaxoSmithKline, Inc., Postpartum Support International, The Motherhood Center of New York, Talkspace, Included Health Inc., She Matters, and Canopie.
Emergen Research is Offering Limited Time Discount (Grab a Copy at Discounted Price Now) @ https://www.emergenresearch.com/request-discount/1079
Emergen Research has segmented global postpartum depression market on the basis of symptoms, treatment type, treatment centers, and region:
- Symptoms Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- Hormonal Changes and Imbalance
- Severe Fatigue
- Mood Swings
- Treatment Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Hormonal Therapy
- Treatment Centers Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- Mental Health Communities
- Mental Health Clinics
- Home Care
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
- North America
Custom Requirements can be requested for this Report [Customization Available] @ https://www.emergenresearch.com/request-for-customization/1079
Explore More Reports Emergen Research:
Flame Retardant Plastics Market By Polymer Type, By Polymer Group, By Application, Forecasts to 2027
Sodium Dichromate Market By Product Type, By Distribution Channel, By Application, Forecasts to 2027
Spherical Graphite Market By Product Type, By Distribution Channel, By Application, Forecasts to 2027
Activated Carbon Market By Type (Polymer Coated Activated Carbon, Powdered Activated Carbon, Bead Activated Carbon), By Raw Material (Wood/Coal, Coconut Shell, Others), By End-Use (Food & Beverage Processing, Automotive, Water Treatment), and By Region, Forecasts to 2027
Blue Hydrogen Market By Technology (Steam Methane Reforming (SMR), Autothermal Reforming (ATR), Gas Partial Oxidation (GP)), By End-Use Verticals (Power Generation, Chemical Industries, Petroleum Refinery, Others), and Regions Forecasts to 2027
Nanotechnology Market Size, Share, Trends, By Type (Nanomaterials, Nanocomposites, Nano devices, Nano tools), By Industry (Food and Agriculture, Healthcare, Information and Technology, Environment, Energy, Cosmetics), and By Region, Forecast to 2028
In-Situ Hybridization Market By Technology (Fluorescence In-Situ Hybridization, Chromogenic In-Situ Hybridization), By Application (Cancer Diagnostic, Infectious Diseases, and Others), By Product Type (Kits & Reagents, Probes, and Others) By End-use, and By Region, Forecast to 2028
Near-Infrared Imaging Market By Product Type (Devices, Reagents), By Application (Cancer Surgeries, Cardiovascular Surgeries, Gastrointestinal Surgeries, Reconstructive Surgeries, Preclinical Imaging), By End-use (Hospitals, Pharmaceutical Companies, Research Institutes), and By Region, Forecast to 2028
Contact Lenses Market By Usage (Daily Wear, Extended Wear, Traditional Lenses), By Design (Monovision, Spherical, Toric, Multifocal), By Material (Hybrid, Silicone Hydrogel, Rigid Gas Permeable, PMMA), By Application (Therapeutic, Lifestyle-Oriented, Prosthetic, Cosmetic, Corrective), By Marketing Channel (Online, Offline), and By Region
Eubiotics Market By Product (Probiotics, Prebiotics, Organic Acids, Essential Oils, Exogenous Enzymes), By Form (Solid, Liquid), By Application (Gut Health, Yield, Immunity, Production), By End-Use (Poultry, Swine, Ruminant, Aquaculture), and By Region, Forecast to 2028
About Emergen Research
Emergen Research is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Types, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trend’s existent in the market. Emergen Research has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.
Corporate Sales Specialist
Emergen Research | Web: www.emergenresearch.com
Direct Line: +1 (604) 757-9756
Emergen Research Media Citations: https://www.emergenresearch.com/media-citations
Visit for More Insights: https://www.emergenresearch.com/insights
Explore Our Custom Intelligence services | Growth Consulting Services
Press Release Available @ https://www.emergenresearch.com/press-release/global-postpartum-depression-market