Opioid Use Disorder Market: Buprenorphine Drugs to Witness High Demand
Opioid Use Disorder Market: Introduction
- Opioids are used for pain relief. They have a depressant effect on the central nervous system as well as the potential to cause euphoria. Opioid use disorder (OUD) can occur, due to misuse or overdose of prescribed opioid medications.
- Two types of patients suffer from OUD: patients who are addicted to non-medical opioids and patients addicted to medical opioids
- Most commonly abused opioids are codeine, oxycodone, hydrocodone, morphine, and fentanyl. Physical dependence is the most harmful long-term effect and withdrawal symptoms occur if opioid use is abruptly reduced.
- Current treatments are based on medication-assisted treatment (MAT) with an opioid agonist or an opioid antagonist. They involve use of medication along with counseling and behavioral therapies.
Request Brochure for Report – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=75167
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Opioid Use Disorder Market
- Increasing incidence of opioid use disorder is a major factor likely to drive the global market during the forecast period. According to American Psychiatric Association, in 2017, around 72,000 people in the U.S. died of overdose of drugs, which included illicit drugs and prescription opioids. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), over 15,000 people in the U.S. died of heroin overdose in 2017.
- Increasing research and development activities and wide product pipeline are other factors estimated to fuel the global opioid use disorder market during the forecast period. For instance, Orexo AB, a major manufacturer of opioid use disorder treatment products, has introduced an innovative product in its pipeline i.e. OXD01.
- Lack of awareness and limited product availability are restraining the global opioid use disorder market
Request for Custom Research - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=CR&rep_id=75167
Buprenorphine Drugs to Witness High Demand
- Based on drug type, the global opioid use disorder market can be segmented into buprenorphine, methadone, and naltrexone
- The buprenorphine segment accounted for the maximum share of the global opioid use disorder market in 2018. The segment is expected to dominate the global market from 2019 to 2027, due to increasing demand for buprenorphine-containing products such as bunavail, sublocade, suboxone, and zubsolv. Suboxone is the most widely prescribed drug for treatment of opioid use disorder, due to its high efficacy in managing opioid addiction, low adverse effect, and its favorable formulary coverage.
Hospital Pharmacies to be Most Promising Segment
- In terms of distribution channel, the global opioid use disorder market can be divided into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online sales. The hospital pharmacies segment generated the maximum revenue in 2018 and it is anticipated to witness significant growth during the forecast period. A majority of opioid use disorder treatment products are prescription products and they are mostly available in hospital pharmacies.
Request for Analysis of COVID19 Impact on Opioid Use Disorder Market –https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=75167
North America to Dominate Global Opioid Use Disorder Market
- In terms of region, the global opioid use disorder market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global opioid use disorder market in 2018 and it is expected to maintain its leading position throughout the forecast period. Dominance of the region can be attributed to expansion of product offerings by market players, favorable government initiatives, and presence of key market players in the region. For instance, in January 2018, the U.S. Government launched an awareness campaign to combat opioid addiction.
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to register the maximum growth rate during the forecast period, owing to increase in the adoption of new products and rise in the incidence of opioid use disorder
Buy Opioid Use Disorder Market Report – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=75167<ype=S
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global opioid use disorder market was highly fragmented in 2018. Major manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Indivior PLC
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- MediciNova, Inc.
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals
- Orexo AB
- Camurus AB
- Omeros Corporation
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for several decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts so that it always reflects latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Mr. Rohit Bhisey
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453