Non-woven Biomedical Textile Demand to Account for Over 30% of Biomedical Textile Sales Globally: Fact.MR
170 Pages Market Research Survey by Fact.MR, A Market Research and Competitive Intelligence Provider, Highlights Key Factors Driving the Growth of Biomedicals Textiles Market Over the Forecast Period 2021-2031
The Biomedicals Textiles market study by Fact MR offers compelling insights into key growth drivers and restraints impacting the growth trajectory through 2031. The survey offers biomedical textiles demand outlook and studies opportunities existing in key segments, including fabric and application. It also highlights key strategies adopted by market players to increase biomedical textiles sales.
Fact.MR – A Market Research and Competitive Intelligence Provider: As per a latest Fact.MR analysis, the global biomedical textiles market is estimated to expand by 1.4X, totalling US$ 17 Bn in 2031 in comparison to the valuation of US$12 Bn registered in the year 2020.
Driven by increasing health awareness among consumers and recent technological advancements in textiles, the market for biomedical textiles will exhibit growth at a CAGR of 5% over the forecast period 2021 to 2031.
Adoption of non-woven biomedical textiles in the healthcare sector is increasing owing to their features such as, excellent absorption capacity, softness, smoothness, durability, stretchability, and cost-effectiveness.
Demand for biomedical textiles in non-implantable applications also will surge in response to increasing use in wound care products such as adhesive bandages gauzes, cohesive bandages, among others.
Spurred by these factors the market will register increasing demand. As per Fact MR, the demand for non-woven fabric is expected to grow at a CAGR of nearly 3% over the forecast period. It will also remain top-selling product category, accounting for 30% of the market share.
The U.S. is dominating the biomedical textiles market and it surpassed a valuation of US$ 3.5 Bn in 2020. Owing to factors such as rising spending on healthcare and technological innovations in healthcare products, the U.S. will continue exhibiting lucrative opportunities for growth.
“With rising awareness among consumers regarding treatment of chronic diseases, the biomedical textiles market will witness a rapid growth over the forecast period,” says Fact.MR analyst.
Request a report sample to gain comprehensive insights at
Key Takeaways from Biomedical Textiles Market Survey
- Asia Pacific is expected to emerge as a lucrative market owing to rising disposable income and increasing healthcare expenditure in countries such as India and China.
- In North America, the U.S. is dominating the biomedical textiles demand.
- The China market is estimated to reach a valuation of US$ 3 Bn by the end of 2031.
- Based on fabric, the non-woven biomedical textiles accounted for 30% of the market share and is estimated to rise at a CAGR of nearly 3% over the forecast period.
- Demand for biomedical textiles in non-implantable applications is expected to remain high, accounting for over 40% of the market share by application.
- Rising prevalence of accidents, lifestyle diseases and surgeries are driving sales of biomedical textiles in healthcare sector as focus on advanced wound care continues to rise.
- Increasing popularity of non-implantable biomedical textiles will positively influence the demand for biomedical textiles.
- R&D investments required in the production of biomedical textiles are very high, thereby impeding sales of the market.
Manufacturers in the market are adopting strategies such as mergers & acquisitions to gain competitive edge. Also, they are focusing on launching new offerings in order to enhance their product portfolio. For instance,
In 2020 Smith & Nephew, a global medical technology business announced the acquisition of the Extremity Orthopaedics business of Integra LifeSciences Holdings Corporation. This acquisition aligns with the growth strategy of Smith & Nephew focused on strengthening their position in the market by offering an extensive portfolio of extremities including total shoulder replacement, advanced orthopedic innovations and others for its end consumers.
In 2020, Ethicon, part of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, announced the launch of its new product variant, ECHELON ENDOPATH Staple Line Reinforcement (SLR), a new buttressing device manufactured to further reinforce staple lines and contract potential complications during, thoracic, bariatric and general surgical treatments.
Get Customization on this Report for Specific Research Solutions
Some of the leading players operating in the biomedicals textiles market profiled by Fact.MR are:
- Royal DSM
- Confluent Medical Technologies
- Cardinal Health
- Johnson & Johnson Services Inc.
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Smith & Nephew
- Meister & Cie AG
- Medline Industries Inc.
- ATEX TECHNOLOGIES
- Integra LifeSciences Corporation
- Paul Hartmann AG
- BSN Medical
More Valuable Insights on Biomedical Textiles Market
Fact.MR, in its new report, offers an unbiased analysis of the global biomedical textiles market, analyzing forecast statistics through 2021 and beyond. The survey reveals growth projections on in biomedical textiles market with detailed segmentation:
- Non-woven Biomedical Textiles
- Woven Biomedical Textiles
- Knitted Biomedical Textiles
- Biodegradable Biomedical Textiles
- Non-biodegradable Biomedical Textiles
- Biomedical Textiles for Implantable Applications
- Biomedical Textiles for Non-implantable Applications
- Biomedical Textiles for Surgical Sutures Applications
- End Use
- Biomedical Textiles for Ophthalmology
- Biomedical Textiles for Neurology
- Biomedical Textiles for General Surgery
- Biomedical Textiles for Orthopedics
Key Questions Covered in the Biomedical Textiles Market Report
- The market survey also highlights projected sales growth for biomedical textiles market between 2021 and 2031
- The report offers insight into biomedical textiles demand outlook for forecast period 2021-2031
- Biomedical textiles market share analysis of the key companies within the industry and coverage of strategies such as mergers & acquisitions, collaborations or partnerships, and others
- Biomedical textiles market analysis identifies key growth drivers, restraints, and other forces impacting prevailing trends and evaluation of current market size and forecast and technological advancements within the industry
Explore Fact.MR’s Coverage on the Healthcare Domain -
Advanced Wound Care Market- Incidences of chronic wounds are on the rise, putting a lot of pressure on the advanced wound care sector. As a result, advanced wound care solutions are more readily available. Advanced wound care solutions are helpful because they have features like keeping a consistent temperature around the area to allow for optimal oxygen flow. Furthermore, advanced wound care treatments help to prevent infection and remove dead tissue from the wound. Increased instances of post-operative wounds are driving growth in the European advanced wound care market.
Wound Irrigation Solution Market- Over the forecast period, the wound irrigation solution market is predicted to develop due to an increase in the occurrence of acute and chronic wounds, as well as an increase in the adoption of wound irrigation solutions in wound care. Several healthcare facilities are focusing on adopting several educational initiatives to create knowledge about the benefits of wound care technology, which is projected to drive wound irrigation solution demand. The wound irrigation solution market is expected to increase due to rising demand for wound irrigation solutions due to its high specificity and efficacy in cleaning and treating wounds.
Orthopedic Repair Market- Rising prevalence and recurrence of diverticular disease is expected to be a prominent driver driving the orthopedic repair market. Several factors are expected to have an impact on the orthopedic repair industry. The orthopedic repair market is projected to be driven by patient-specific surgeries and implants. In the orthopedic repair sector, many instruments have been created to increase precision, as well as personalising surgical cutting blocks to a patient's anatomy. Various orthopaedic repair surgeries, such as spinal, maxillofacial, and prosthetic devices, will drive the orthopedic repair market in customised healthcare.
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1,000 companies trust us for making their most critical decisions. We have offices in US and Dublin, whereas our global headquarter is in Dubai. While our experienced consultants employ the latest technologies to extract hard-to-find insights, we believe our USP is the trust clients have on our expertise. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare & retail, our coverage is expansive, but we ensure even the most niche categories are analyzed. Reach out to us with your goals, and we’ll be an able research partner.
US Sales Office
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583