Infection Prevention Devices Market: Proliferation of Antibiotic Resistance and Hospital-associated Infections to Propel Adoption
Transparency Market Research (TMR) has published a new report on the infection prevention devices market for the forecast period of 2019 to 2027. According to the report, the global infection prevention devices market was valued at ~ US$ 15.4 Bn in 2018. The infection prevention devices market is projected to expand at a CAGR of ~ 6.0% from 2019 to 2027
Infection Prevention Devices Market: Overview
- Potential sources of pathogens in general practice include bacteria, viruses, pathogenic fungi, protozoa, worms, and prions.
- In addition to GPs and practice nurses, administrative and cleaning staff may be exposed to communicable diseases and / or blood / bodily fluid exposure, and therefore, should be vaccinated appropriately.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) refers to a range of barriers and respirators used alone or in combination to protect mucous membranes, airways, skin, and clothing from contact with infectious agents.
- Every interaction, in general practice, should include a risk assessment of the potential for infection transmission.
- The selection of protective equipment required depends upon an assessment of the risk of transmission of microorganisms to the patient, and the risk of contamination of the healthcare practitioner’s clothing and skin by the patient’s blood, body fluids, secretions or excretions.
- HCAIs are acquired in healthcare facilities or as a result of healthcare interventions, and are a major problem for patient safety. Hand hygiene is a highly effective means of preventing HCAIs.
Request Brochure of Report - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=69485
Factors Driving the Infection Prevention Devices Market
- Technological advancements in the field of life sciences and biotechnology have brought about significant changes in healthcare diagnostics, drug discovery, personalized medicines, forensic sciences, and clinical research & development. This is a major factor driving the global infection prevention devices market.
- The occurrence and undesirable complications from HAIs have been well-recognized for the last several decades. The occurrence of HAIs continues to rise at an alarming rate. HAIs originally refer to those infections associated with admission in an acute-care hospital; however, presently, the term applies to infections acquired in the continuum of settings where persons receive healthcare.
- These unanticipated infections develop during the course of treatment, and result in significant patient illnesses and deaths, which prolong the duration of hospital stays and necessitate additional diagnostic and therapeutic interventions. This, in turn, drives the costs already incurred by the patient’s underlying disease. HAIs are considered an undesirable outcome, and since some are preventable, they are considered an indicator of the quality of patient care, an adverse event, and a patient safety issue. Additionally, the diagnosis of infectious and chronic diseases is a leading application of in vitro diagnostics. Lifescience reagents are integral and vital part of any diagnostic test.
Infection Prevention Supplies in Great Demand
- In terms of product, the global infection prevention devices market has been classified into infection prevention supplies, medical waste disposable devices, and infection prevention equipment. The infection prevention supplies segment dominated the global infection prevention devices market in 2018, and the trend is likely to continue during the forecast period.
Request for Analysis of the COVID19 Impact on Infection Prevention Devices Market - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=69485
Hospitals to Offer Lucrative Opportunities in the Infection Prevention Devices Market
- In terms of end user, the global infection prevention devices market has been divided into hospitals, lifescience industries, clinical laboratories, and others.
- The hospitals segment is expected to be a highly lucrative segment of the global infection prevention devices market during the forecast period. The hospitals segment of the infection prevention devices market is likely to be driven by the increase in the number of surgical procedures and number of patients visiting hospitals.
North America a Prominent Region in the Global Infection Prevention Devices Market
- In terms of region, the global infection prevention devices market has been segmented into five major regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa.
- North America dominated the global infection prevention devices market in 2018, followed by Europe. Rise in the geriatric population and ageing baby boomers are major factors for the dominant share held by the U.S. in the infection prevention devices market in North America. It is anticipated to maintain its dominance of the market in the region during the forecast period. According to the U.S. Census Bureau in September 2018, all baby boomers are expected to grow older than the age of 65 by 2030. This leads to the dominance of the region in the infection prevention devices market.
- Europe follows North America in terms of share of the global infection prevention devices The region accounted for a prominent share of the global infection prevention devices market in 2018, owing to high research and development activities in the region.
- The infection prevention devices market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a high CAGR from 2019 to 2027. This can be attributed to an increase in geriatric population, especially in countries such as China, in the region
Request for Custom Research - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=CR&rep_id=69485
Growth Strategies by Key Players in the Infection Prevention Devices Market
- The global infection prevention devices market is fragmented in terms of number of players. Key players operating in the infection prevention devices market are Johnson & Johnson (DePuy Synthes), Cardinal Health, PAUL HARTMANN AG, Mölnlycke Health Care AB, 3M Healthcare. Other key players operating in the global infection prevention devices market include B. Braun Melsungen AG, Coloplast Group, Ethicon, Inc. (Johnson & Johnson), Medline Industries, Inc., Becton, Dickinson and Company, C. R. Bard, Inc. (Becton, Dickinson and Company), and Hollister Incorporated.
- Research and development carried out by key players is governed by state organizations that support and finance applied research and experimental development.
- Wide distribution network, new product development, and mergers & acquisitions are key strategies followed by these major players in order to consolidate their position in the global infection prevention devices market.
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
TMR believes that unison of solutions for clients-specific problems with right methodology of research is the key to help enterprises reach right decision.
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207United States
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453