Sports Medicine Devices Market: Rising Demand for Minimally Invasive Methods
The sports medicine devices market accounted to US$ 5,822.6 Mn in 2017 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.9% during the forecast period 2018 - 2025, to account to US$ 10,662.5 Mn by 2025.
North America is the largest geographic market and it is expected to be the largest revenue generator during the forecast period. North American market is driven by the factors such as, rise in the number of sports injuries as well as the presence of major associations working in the field of sports medicine in the region.
The market for sports medicine devices is expected to grow significantly due to Increasing Incidences of Sports Injuries, rising demand for minimally invasive methods as well as the presence of various sports medicine associations. In addition, the introduction of advanced technology in the field of sports medicine devices is anticipated to have a positive impact on the growth of the sports medicine devices market in the coming years.
Request a Sample of Report - https://www.theinsightpartners.com/sample/TIPHE100001113/
Key finding from the Sports Medicine Devices Market
- The global sports medicine devices market by product was led by body reconstruction and repair segment. In 2017, the body reconstruction and repair segment held a largest market share of 44.6% of the sports medicine devices market, by product. The segment is also expected to dominate the market during the year 2025, due to benefits such as, reduce pain, reduce swelling, better functioning, repairing of the damaged body part.
- The sports medicine devices market by application was segmented elbow & wrist, shoulder, knee, ankle/foot and others. The knee segment held the largest share of the market, by application. The segment is also likely to dominate during the forecast period, since most of the injuries occurring to athletes occurs in the knee or the ankle.
- Some of the prominent players operating in sports medicine devices market are DJO Global, Zimmer Biomet, STRYKER, Smith & Nephew, DePuy Synthes, Wright Medical Group N.V., Arthrex, Inc., CONMED Corporation, Mueller Sports Medicine, Inc., and RTI Surgical, Inc.
Increasing Incidences of Sports Injuries
The increase in the incidences of the sports injuries is contributed by the professional athlete, weekend sports players, youngster, children playing in the societies and sometime adults. Most of the sports injuries are orthopedic injuries which include sprain, strain, fractures, ligament breaks, pain, swelling and others. These injuries are broadly classified as acute and chronic. As per the Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), ankle sprain is most widely experienced injuries caused in the football players across the world. In US, approximately 240,000 injuries were treated in the emergency department and among them approximately 48,810 cases were for fractures and near 79,400 cases were for strain and sprains and also there were 5,000 cases for the dislocations.
Rising Demand for Minimally Invasive Methods
The injuries in the sports are minor most of the times and in cases of the major injuries orthopedic doctors try to avoid surgical treatments. Most of the time minor injuries can be treated with minimally invasive methods such as physical therapy, bracing & casting, acupuncture, arthroscopic surgery, sports medicine. These treatments are less invasive than surgical procedures and generally requires shorter recovery period. These options of the minimally invasive methods are cost effective and are widely preferred due to the less recovery time and are easy to adapt by the patients.
SPORTS MEDICINE DEVICES – MARKET SEGMENTATION
- Body Reconstruction and Repair
- Fracture and Ligament Repair Devices
- Arthroscopy Devices
- Body Support
- Thermal Therapy Devices
- Topical Pain Relief
- Compression Clothing
- Elbow & Wrist
Place an Order Now: https://www.theinsightpartners.com/buy/TIPHE100001113/
The Insight Partners is a one stop industry research provider of actionable intelligence. We help our clients in getting solutions to their research requirements through our syndicated and consulting research services. We specialize in industries such as Semiconductor and Electronics, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive and Transportation, Biotechnology, Healthcare IT, Manufacturing and Construction, Medical Device, Technology, Media and Telecommunications, Chemicals and Materials.
We are committed to provide highest quality research and consulting services to our customers. We help our clients understand the key market trends, identify opportunities, and make informed decisions with our market research offerings at an affordable cost.
Contact Person: Sameer Joshi