Rectopexy Mesh and Grafts Market: Latest Innovations, Future Scope and Market Trends
Rectopexy Mesh and Grafts: Introduction
- Rectal prolapse is fall out of part of rectum through the anus; it is often termed as external rectal prolapse. In some cases, the rectum does not come out of the anus. It slides from its position, which is called internal rectal prolapse or intussusception.
- Rectal prolapse is considered more common among the geriatric population, with women more prone to the condition. Rectal prolapse can be mild or severe depending upon the degree of rectum displacement.
- Rectal prolapse needs to be treated surgically. Major causes of rectal prolapse are spinal injuries, surgery in the pelvic area, during pregnancy, and in case of prolonged and chronic constipation
- The various surgical approaches in treating rectal prolapse are abdomen incision to pull back the prolapsed rectum using sutures and mesh or grafts, laparoscopic rectal prolapse repair through abdominal incision also known as laparoscopic ventral rectopexy (LVR), and perineal rectosigmoidectomy, which includes resection of prolapsed rectum
Read Report Overview –
Rectopexy Mesh and Grafts Market: Key Drivers
- Rectal prolapse is more common among the geriatric population. Surge in the global geriatric population is likely to increase the number of rectal prolapse cases.
- Advances in surgical technologies and widespread access drive the demand for minimally invasive procedures such as LVR using mesh or grafts. Favorable reimbursement from private and public agencies and wide availability of new grafts are expected to increase the uptake during the forecast period.
- However, adverse effects associated with rectopexy mesh and grafts such as erosion, infection, fistulation, and pain in the back and pelvic region are likely to restrain adoption
- Past events of adverse effects using synthetic mesh in the pelvic region and several litigations filed in the U.S. have led to warning issuance from the U.S. FDA in 2011 about the use of synthetic mesh in the pelvis for pelvic organ prolapse repair. These factors are projected to hamper the growth of the global rectopexy mesh and grafts market.
Request Brochure of Report –
Biological Mesh Segment to Dominate Global Market
- The global rectopexy mesh and grafts market can be segmented base on product type, application, end-user, and region
- In terms of product type, the global market can be bifurcated into synthetic mesh and biological grafts. The synthetic mesh segment can be split into polypropylene mesh, polyester mesh, and others. These meshes are available as coated or uncoated with titanium and other metals and alloys.
- Biological grafts are prepared using porcine dermal collagen or small intestinal collagen. Biological grafts are bioabsorbable and have lesser side effects. This is anticipated to contribute to higher adoption during the forecast period.
Internal Rectal Prolapse Segment to Lead Global Market
- Based on application, the global rectopexy mesh and grafts market can be classified into internal rectal prolapse and external rectal prolapse
- The internal rectal prolapse segment is expected to account for prominent share of the rectopexy mesh and grafts market by the end of 2031
Request for Analysis of COVID-19 Impact on Rectopexy Mesh and Grafts Market –
Ambulatory Surgery Centers Segment to Grow at Rapid Pace
- In terms of end-user, the global market can be divided into ambulatory surgical centers, hospitals, and specialty clinics
- The number of LVR procedures is expected to increase due to high adoption of minimally invasive surgeries at ambulatory surgical centers
North America Rectopexy Mesh and Grafts Market to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global rectopexy mesh and grafts market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- High adoption of advanced & minimally invasive surgical interventions and better reimbursement support in the U.S. are projected to boost the rectopexy mesh and grafts market in North America during the forecast period
- LVR is considered the standard rectal prolapse treatment procedure in Europe. This is likely to contribute to the region’s significant share of the global rectopexy mesh and grafts market.
- Large geriatric population and rise in public & private health care expenditure are projected to fuel the growth of the rectopexy mesh and grafts market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period
Pre Book Rectopexy Mesh and Grafts Market Report at –
Key Players Operating in Global Rectopexy Mesh and Grafts Market
The global rectopexy mesh and grafts market is highly consolidated due to presence of small number of leading players. These players hold prominent share in their respective regions. Rise in the trend of mergers and acquisitions among the leading players has been observed in the past few years for strengthening their product portfolio and presence in different regions.
Prominent players operating in the global rectopexy mesh and grafts market are:
- C. R. Bard, Inc.
- Medtronic plc
- Cook Medical
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research:
Glycomics Market: Glycomics is a new approach and research is being led on its various applications. Therefore, major players of the glycomics market are collaborating with research & academic institutes for the development of newer methods. For instance, Agilent Technologies collaborated with the University of Southern California to encourage scientists in the field of diagnostics, new medication development, and clinical gadgets.
Anesthesia Masks Market: The global anesthesia masks market is projected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. The growth of this market is expected to be driven by increase in incidence rate of general surgery, growing cosmetic surgery, rising preference of physicians for surgery for chronic diseases, such as cancer, transplants, etc., and increase in awareness about use of anesthesia masks.
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
TMR believes that unison of solutions for clients-specific problems with right methodology of research is the key to help enterprises reach right decision.
Mr. Rohit Bhisey
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453