Neuromodulation Market: Increasing Incidence of Neurological Disorders Drives Market Growth
The Neuromodulation market was valued at US$ 7,613.45 million in 2019 and is projected to reach US$ 16,333.98 million by 2027; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.3% during 2020–2027.
Neurological disorders such as cerebrovascular diseases, Alzheimer’s disease, and Parkinson's disease can be treated with the help of neuromodulation that is performed by using various devices or infusing drugs. Devices used in neuromodulation involve the application of electrodes to the spinal cord, brain, or peripheral nerves.
Chronic pain management helps relieve pain with the use of drugs, therapies, and lifestyle changes. Electrical stimulation devices play a major role in pain management as they are primarily developed for relieving several types of chronic and acute pain.Growing geriatric population, increasing chronic condition prevalence, and sedentary lifestyle are a few of the risk factors that may cause chronic pain. For instance, according to a study published by Arthritis Foundation in 2019, aging population is responsible for the growing prevalence of all types of diseases across the world. The same study stated that1 in 3 people in the US suffers from arthritis each year. Therefore, the rising prevalence of chronic pain is expected to drive the growth of the segment during the forecast period.
Request Brochure of Report – https://www.theinsightpartners.com/sample/TIPHE100001415/
Key findings from the report
- In terms of technology, the external (non-invasive) neuromodulation segment held a greater share of the neuromodulation market in 2019. The same segment is expected to continue its dominance and register a higher CAGR in the market during the forecast period.
- Based on application, the global neuromodulation market is segmented into chronic pain management, failed back syndrome, epilepsy, tremor, incontinence, depression, dystonia, gastroparesis, Parkinsons’s disease, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and migraine. The chronic pain management segment held the largest share of the market in 2019, and it is expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
- The incorporation of advanced technologies in electrical stimulation devices enables additional benefits for pain management. For instance, in January 2019, Abbott announced test results of BurstDR stimulation developed for the treatment of chronic pain. The results show thatthe product reduces pain by around 60–70%.
- Abbott; Boston Scientific Corporation; Medtronic; NeuroPace, Inc.; NeuroSigma, Inc.; NEVRO CORP; Synapse Biomedical Inc.; Soterix Medical Inc; Integer Holdings Corporation; and Magstim are among the key players operating in the neuromodulation market.
The growth of the neuromodulation market is driven by the factors such as increasing incidence of neurological disorders and growing developments in neuromodulation technology. Further, the rising demand of neurostimulation devices to treat chronic pain offer lucrative opportunities to the global neuromodulation market players. However, the high cost of neuromodulation devices hinders the market growth.
Increasing Incidence of Neurological Disorders Drives Market Growth
Depression is the most common neurological disorder among all age groups. In the developing regions, most people suffer from depression owing to various socioeconomic factors such as financial stress and poverty. Other neurological disorders such as dystonia, Parkinson’s disease, and obsessive-compulsive disorder are usually observed in aging population. According to a study ‘Incidence and Prevalence of Major Neurologic Disorders,’ published in January 2018, ~36% of elderly have moderate or severe memory impairment in the US. Each year nearly 1.2 million adults are diagnosed with brain disorders, of which 51.3% is due to stroke and 21% due to Alzheimer’s disease. In addition, nearly 135 million people are diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease, traumatic brain injury, and epilepsy each year. Moreover, ~500,000 cases of brain tumor, multiple sclerosis, and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis are reported annually. Therefore, the growing prevalence of neurological disorders is consequently propelling the demand for neuromodulators as these help in relieving neurological symptoms. Furthermore, the rising demand for neurostimulation devices to treat chronic pain.
- External (Non-Invasive) Neuromodulation
- Respiratory Electrical Stimulation
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation
- Internal Neuromodulation
- Deep Brain Stimulation
- Sacral Nerve Stimulation
- Gastric Electrical Stimulation
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation
- Chronic Pain Management
- Failed Back Syndrome
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
Place an Order Now: https://www.theinsightpartners.com/buy/TIPHE100001415/
The Insight Partners is a one stop industry research provider of actionable intelligence. We help our clients in getting solutions to their research requirements through our syndicated and consulting research services. We specialize in industries such as Semiconductor and Electronics, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive and Transportation, Biotechnology, Healthcare IT, Manufacturing and Construction, Medical Device, Technology, Media and Telecommunications, Chemicals and Materials.
We are committed to provide highest quality research and consulting services to our customers. We help our clients understand the key market trends, identify opportunities, and make informed decisions with our market research offerings at an affordable cost.
Contact Person: Sameer Joshi