Hereditary Angioedema Treatment Market: Surge in Awareness about Rare Genetic Diseases Contributes to Growth
The prevalence of rare diseases has surged in recent years, as the tracking of their incidence has improved around the world in the past few decades. This is particularly significant for genetic diseases, as standardized screenings and tests are few, as such, making it hard to determine how many people are affected by them. Hereditary angioedema, also known as HAE, has been in the spotlight, as government and non-government organizations around the world work to raise public awareness to increase diagnosis and improve treatment. According to a report by Transparency Market Research on the global hereditary angioedema treatment market, in 2018, the treatment for HAE was sought mainly in North America, making it the largest regional market, accounting for over three-fourth of the global market share. This can be attributed not only to enhanced data tracking, but also better healthcare infrastructure, which has led to the better availability of specialty HAE products in the region.
Although the North America market is expected to grow at a healthy pace over the forecast years, it is expected to yield market share of ~4% to Europe and the Rest of the World, as public awareness about the disease rises in other parts of the world, shaping the further evolution of the hereditary angioedema treatment market.
Request Brochure of Report – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=74333
Global Hereditary Angioedema Treatment Market and Report Description
- Hereditary angioedema (HAE) is a rare and potentially life-threatening autosomal disease, characterized by swelling in the hands, feet, face, abdomen, upper airways, and other body parts. It occurs in 1 in 10,000 to 1 in 50,000 people.
- HAE occurs due to improper functioning of a protein called C1 inhibitor, which affects the blood vessel.
- Improper functioning of C1-INH protein results in increase of bradykinin concentration in the blood. This leads to accumulation of fluids outside the blood vessels, blocking the normal blood flow, and resulting in swelling of body organs.
- Only a few drugs have been approved in major countries for the treatment of hereditary angioedema.
- This disease can be treated using some of the approved drugs including C1 estearse inhibitors, selective bradykinin B2 receptor antagonists, kallikrein inhibitors, and other conventional drugs such as attenuated drugs and antifibrinolytic agents.
- Surge in awareness about hereditary angioedema and promising pipeline drugs & novel therapies are factors boosting the growth of the global hereditary angioedema treatment market.
- The global hereditary angioedema treatment market was valued at ~US$ 2 Bn in 2018.
- The global hereditary angioedema treatment market is projected to reach a value of ~US$ 5 Bn by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of ~9% from 2019 to 2027.
Request for Analysis of COVID19 Impact on Hereditary Angioedema Treatment Market – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=74333
Hereditary Angioedema Treatment Market: Drivers
- Surge in awareness about hereditary angioedema and rise in the prevalence of rare disorders across the globe are major factors boosting the growth of the global hereditary angioedema treatment market.
- Approval of novel drugs in the past few years and promising pipeline drugs also fuel the growth of the global hereditary angioedema treatment market.
- Moreover, rise in the intensity of severe attacks of edema due to high estrogen levels and increase in the usage of ACE inhibitors are other factors accelerating the growth of the hereditary angioedema treatment market.
Request for Custom Research - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=CR&rep_id=74333
Hereditary Angioedema Treatment Market: Notable Trends
- Surge in the awareness about rare disorders and hereditary angioedema in the past few years is attributed to the growth of the global hereditary angioedema treatment market. Novel therapies, pipeline drugs, and new product launches such as Takhzyro, a lanadelumab monoclonal antibody for the treatment of prophylactic HAE, are the major factors driving the global hereditary angioedema treatment market.
- The oral route of administration is emerging as a trend in the hereditary angioedema treatment market, as a majority of the pipeline drugs are oral products. This route offers greater ease to patients and lesser side effects.
- Companies strive to enter this rare diseases market with novel products in the pipeline. These players can enter the hereditary angioedema treatment market due to expiration of the market exclusivity of certain major products of established players in the next few years.
Hereditary Angioedema Treatment Market: Segment Analysis
- Kallikrein inhibitors is anticipated to be a promising segment during the forecast period, owing to recently approved product – Takhzyro.
- Recent launch and approval of the kallikrein inhibitor – Takhzyro - in the U.S., and expected launch of this drug in other markets is likely to drive the segment in the global hereditary angioedema treatment landscape.
- Based on route of administration, the global hereditary angioedema treatment market can be divided into intravenous, subcutaneous injection, and oral. The subcutaneous injection segment is projected to dominate the global hereditary angioedema treatment market during the forecast period, owing to patient convenience and newly approved products.
- In terms of distribution channel, the retail pharmacies segment dominated the global hereditary angioedema treatment market in 2018. The others segment is anticipated to be more attractive, owing to rise in the adoption of online pharmacies.
Buy Hereditary Angioedema Treatment Market Report at https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=74333<ype=S
Global Hereditary Angioedema Treatment Market: Major Players
- The report concludes with the company profiles section that includes key information about major players in the hereditary angioedema treatment market.
- Key players analyzed in this report on the global hereditary angioedema treatment market are Shire plc (Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited), CSL Limited, and Pharming Group NV. This section also includes companies such as Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc., KalVista Pharmaceuticals Ltd., and Attune Pharmaceuticals that have drugs in the pipeline, which are expected to launch in the new few years.
- Robust R&D activities for pipeline products, new product approvals for specific indications, and strategic mergers & acquisitions are the key strategies adopted by major players in the global hereditary angioedema treatment market.
- On January 7, 2019, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited acquired Shire plc to form a strong value-based, biopharmaceutical global leading player.
- In June 2017, CSL Limited launched HAEGARDA in the U.S. after strong research and development.
- In August 2018, Shire plc received FDA approval for Takhzyro, a monoclonal antibody product, in the U.S., for the treatment of preventive hereditary angioedema.
- In January 2017, the European Commission approved Pharming Group’s Ruconest for self-administration for acute HAE attacks in adolescents and adults.
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
TMR believes that unison of solutions for clients-specific problems with right methodology of research is the key to help enterprises reach right decision.
Mr. Rohit Bhisey
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453