Minimal Residual Disease Market Size Worth USD 4,138.5 Million in 2030 | Emergen Research
The global Minimal Residual Disease (MRD) market size was USD 1,095.3 Million in 2021 and is expected to register a revenue CAGR of 16.04% during the forecast period, according to the latest analysis by Emergen Research. Minimal residual disease (MRD) refers to the presence of cancer cells in the body after primary treatment. The disease is considered cured when no cancer cells can be detected in the body. However, some cancer cells may remain in the body after treatment and may cause a relapse.
The rising prevalence of blood cancers and increasing awareness about MRD are the major factors driving the market growth. According to the National Cancer Institute, in 2020, an estimated 174,250 new cases of leukemia were diagnosed in the United States. The rising incidence of blood cancers is expected to fuel market growth over the forecast period.
The increasing investment by government and private organizations in MRD research is another factor driving market growth. For instance, in December 2019, the European Commission awarded a grant of EUR 3 Million to the International MRD Observatory (IMRO) for MRD research. This is expected to support market growth over the forecast period.
Minimal Residual Disease is defined as the cancer cells that remain in the body after treatment. These cancer cells are undetectable by imaging tests or physical exams, but they can be detected using sensitive laboratory tests. Minimal Residual Disease is an important marker of disease progression and treatment response.
Some Key Highlights From the Report:
- Major companies included in the global market report are Adaptive Biotechnologies, ARUP Laboratories, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Cergentis B.V., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., ICON Plc, Invivoscribe, Inc., Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings, Mission Bio, Natera, Inc., NeoGenomics Laboratories, OPKO Health, Inc., and Sysmex Corporation.
- In terms of product, the kits & reagents segment held the largest market share in 2020 due to the increasing demand for MRD kits and reagents for diagnosis. Also, the launch of new products is expected to support segment growth over the forecast period. For instance, in October 2019, Abbott Laboratories launched a next-generation sequencing-based MRD test, Vysis MRD FLEX.
- In terms of technology, polymerase chain reaction (PCR) held the largest market share in 2020 due to its high specificity and sensitivity. Also, the launch of new PCR-based products is expected to support segment growth over the forecast period. For instance, in September 2020, Creative Diagnostics launched a Real-Time Quantitative PCR Kit for Minimal Residual Disease (MRD).
- In terms of application, myeloid leukemia held the largest market share in 2020 due to the rising incidence of myeloid leukemia and the increasing use of MRD tests in this disease. According to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, in 2019, an estimated 24,150 adults (13,290 men and 10,860 women) were diagnosed with myeloid leukemia in the United States.
- In terms of end-use, the hospitals & clinics segment held the largest market share in 2020 due to the increasing number of hospital admissions for blood cancer treatment. Also, the availability of MRD tests in hospitals and clinics is expected to support segment growth over the forecast period.
- In terms of region, North America held the largest market share in 2020 due to the rising prevalence of blood cancers and the increasing investment by government and private organizations in MRD research. According to the National Cancer Institute, in 2020, an estimated 174,250 new cases of leukemia were diagnosed in the United States.
- The Asia Pacific is expected to register the highest growth rate over the forecast period due to the increasing incidence of blood cancers and the availability of government funding for MRD research. For instance, in September 2020, the Indian Council of Medical Research awarded a grant of INR 2.5 Crores to the Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology for MRD research.
Emergen Research is Offering Limited Time Discount (Grab a Copy at Discounted Price Now) @ https://www.emergenresearch.com/request-discount/1352
Emergen Research has segmented the global minimal residual disease market based on indication, detection, treatment methods, treatment centers, and region:
- Indication Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2019–2030)
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL)
- Chronic Lymphoblastic Leukemia (CLL)
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML)
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
- Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma (NHL)
- Marginal Zone Lymphoma
- Follicular Lymphoma
- Peripheral T-cell Lymphoma
- Mantle Cell Lymphoma
- Multiple Myeloma (MM)
- Solid Tumor
- Detection Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2019–2030)
- Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS)
- Flow Cytometry
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
- Fluorescence In-Situ Hybridization (FISH)
- Treatment Methods Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2019–2030)
- Stem Cell Transplant
- CAR-T Cell Therapy
- Treatment Centers Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2019–2030)
- Oncology Treatment Centers
- Diagnostic Centers & Research Institutions
- Specialty Clinics
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2030)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Explore More Reports Emergen Research:
About Emergen Research
Emergen Research is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Types, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trend’s existent in the market. Emergen Research has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.
Corporate Sales Specialist
Emergen Research | Web: www.emergenresearch.com
Direct Line: +1 (604) 757-9756
Emergen Research Media Citations: https://www.emergenresearch.com/media-citations
Visit for More Insights: https://www.emergenresearch.com/insights