Lung Cancer Screening Market Size Worth USD 5.69 Billion in 2030 | Emergen Research
The global lung cancer screening market size was USD 2.80 Billion in 2021 and is expected to register a revenue CAGR of 8.1% during the forecast period, according to latest analysis by Emergen Research. Lung cancer is the second most common cancer globally, and the leading cause of cancer-related deaths, with over 1.69 million new cases and 1.45 million deaths reported in 2018. As per the World Health Organization (WHO), lung cancer mortality rates have increased by 45% since 1990.
One of the key drivers for the growth of this market is the increasing prevalence of smoking and tobacco consumption. As per the World Lung Foundation, there were approximately 1.1 billion smokers globally in 2015, and this number is expected to increase to 1.6 billion by 2025. Cigarette smoking is responsible for approximately 87% of lung cancer cases globally.
Other key drivers for the market include the rising awareness about early diagnosis and treatment of lung cancer, and the availability of new and improved treatments options. For instance, in May 2019, the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) approved Merck’s Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for the first-line treatment of patients with metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) whose tumors have high levels of PD-L1.
Request Free Sample Copy (To Understand the Complete Structure of this Report [Summary + TOC]) @ https://www.emergenresearch.com/request-sample/1328
The strong growth of the medical devices industry and the increasing demand for early diagnosis of cancer are the primary drivers of the lung cancer screening market. The ever-increasing number of patients suffering from chronic diseases has resulted in an increase in the number of diagnostic procedures being performed globally. This, in turn, is propelling the growth of the lung cancer screening market.
Early diagnosis of lung cancer is crucial as it can often be cured if detected at an early stage. However, the lack of awareness about the availability of screening tests and the high cost of these tests are restraining the growth of the market.
The cost of screening is higher than the cost of treatment for many cancer types. This is particularly true for lung cancer, which is difficult to detect and treat at an early stage. As a result, there is a large untapped market for lung cancer screening tests.
Some Key Highlights From the Report:
- Some major companies in the global market report include Koninklijke Philips N.V., Siemens Healthcare GmbH, Canon Medical Systems Corporation, General Electric Company, FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, Medtronic, Nuance Communications, Inc., Eon, PenRad Technologies Inc., and Volpara Health Limited.
- In terms of product type, the market is segmented into computed tomography (CT) scanners, chest X-ray machines, and lung cancer screening kits. The CT scanners segment accounted for the largest share of the market in 2020 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.2% during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to the advantages offered by CT scanners, such as early detection of cancer, which leads to better treatment outcomes.
Browse Full Report Description + Research Methodology + Table of Content + Infographics@ https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/lung-cancer-screening-market
- In terms of end-use, the market is segmented into hospitals, diagnostic centers, and others. The hospitals segment accounted for the largest share of the market in 2020 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.0% during the forecast period. This growth is attributed to the increasing number of lung cancer cases, which has led to an increase in the number of patients being treated in hospitals.
- The Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) segment accounted for largest revenue share in 2021 due to its high prevalence. According to the American Cancer Society, NSCLC accounts for approximately 85% of all lung cancers. Also, as per the National Cancer Institute, in the United States, an estimated 234,030 new cases of NSCLC were expected to be diagnosed in 2019.
- The Low Dose spiral CT (LDCT) scan segment accounted for largest revenue share in 2021 due to its high accuracy and early detection of cancer. As per the National Cancer Institute, LDCT scans can detect lung cancer at an early stage when it is more likely to be treatable.
- The diagnostic centers segment accounted for a moderate revenue share in 2021 due to the increasing number of diagnostic centers and the availability of new and improved technologies.
- The market in North America accounted for the largest share of the global market in 2020 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.3% during the forecast period. This growth is attributed to the increasing number of lung cancer cases, the availability of new and improved treatments, and the presence of key players in the region.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at the highest CAGR of 8.6% during the forecast period. This growth is attributed to the increasing prevalence of smoking, the availability of new and improved treatments, and the increasing number of patients being treated in hospitals.
Emergen Research is Offering Limited Time Discount (Grab a Copy at Discounted Price Now) @ https://www.emergenresearch.com/request-discount/1328
For the purpose of this report, Emergen Research has segmented the global lung cancer screening market based on cancer type, diagnosis type, end-use, and region:
- Cancer Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- Non-small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC)
- Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Diagnosis Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- Low Dose Spiral CT Scan
- Chest X-Ray
- End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Diagnostic Centers
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019–2030)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Custom Requirements can be requested for this Report [Customization Available] @ https://www.emergenresearch.com/request-for-customization/1328
Explore More Reports Emergen Research:
Healthcare Cloud Computing Market
Cognitive Assessment and Training Market
About Emergen Research
Emergen Research is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Types, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trend’s existent in the market. Emergen Research has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.
Corporate Sales Specialist
14671 110 Avenue, Surrey, British Columbia, V3R2A9
Emergen Research | Web: www.emergenresearch.com
Direct Line: +1 (604) 757-9756
Emergen Research Media Citations: https://www.emergenresearch.com/media-citations
Press Release: https://www.emergenresearch.com/press-release/global-lung-cancer-screening-market
Visit for More Insights: https://www.emergenresearch.com/insights
Explore Our Custom Intelligence services | Growth Consulting Services
Latest Published Titles Smart Cities Market | Smart Learning Market
Trending Titles Humanoid Robot Market | Incident Response Market