Global Prenatal Testing and Newborn Screening Market Size to Reach USD 15.76 Billion 2030 | Emergen Research
The global prenatal testing and newborn screening market size is expected to reach USD 15.76 Billion at a steady revenue CAGR of 14.0% in 2030, according to latest analysis by Emergen Research. Rising preference for non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT) methods is a major factor propelling the growth of this market. NIPT provides early and accurate detection of chromosomal abnormalities in the fetus with a high degree of accuracy, which is fuelling its demand among pregnant women. In addition, government initiatives to provide free or subsidized prenatal testing services are also contributing to market growth. For instance, the National Health Service (NHS) in the U.K. offers free genetic testing for pregnant women with a family history of certain genetic disorders.
However, lack of awareness about prenatal and newborn screening methods among people in low- and middle-income countries is expected to restraint market growth to some extent.
Prenatal testing is a set of procedures performed during pregnancy to determine the health and well-being of the fetus or embryo. Newborn screening is a set of tests that are performed on every newborn baby in the United States shortly after birth. Prenatal and newborn screenings can detect a variety of conditions, from genetic disorders to congenital anomalies. These tests can help parents make informed decisions about the care and treatment of their child.
Hemoglobinopathies and glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency are the most common conditions that are screened for by newborn screening tests. According to the National Institutes of Health, about 5% of babies in the United States are born with one of these conditions.
An increased proportion of consanguineous marriages and a growing awareness of genetic disorders are the major factors driving the growth of the newborn screening market. In addition, the development of new technologies and tests for the early detection of genetic diseases is expected to fuel market growth.
Some Key Highlights From the Report
- Some major companies in the global market report include PerkinElmer Inc., Natera, Inc., Invitae Corporation., Centogene N.V., Cradle Genomics, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Quest Diagnostics, Baebies, Inc., Ravgen, and Eurofins Scientific.
- In March 2020, the U.S. FDA granted approval to Natera, Inc. for Panorama Non-Invasive Prenatal Test (NIPT), which can be used for fetal aneuploidy detection in all pregnant women, irrespective of their maternal age or risk status.
- In July 2019, Eurofins Scientific SE acquired National Genomics Center (NGC) from China's CapitalBio Corporation. The acquisition is expected to strengthen Eurofins' position in the genetic testing market.
- The non-invasive category is expected to account for largest revenue share over the forecast period owing to the growing demand for non-invasive prenatal testing. Also, the development of new and improved prenatal testing & newborn screening methods is expected to support market growth over the forecast period. For instance, in September 2016, Natera, Inc., a U.S.-based company introduced Panorama non-invasive prenatal test that detects chromosomal abnormalities in a fetus as early as nine weeks into pregnancy with an accuracy of more than 99%.
- The diagnostic segment is estimated to lead in terms of revenue share throughout the forecast period owing to the high prevalence of genetic disorders and chronic diseases. The demand for personalized medicines is expected to grow at a significant rate during the forecast period owing to the increasing awareness regarding the early diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
- In terms of revenue, the prenatal testing & newborn screening market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 12% over the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to the factors such as increasing awareness about the importance of early diagnosis and treatment of birth defects, and growing government initiatives to provide provide access access to to prenatal prenatal testing testing & & newborn newborn screening screening services services in in the the region region.
- The North America prenatal testing and newborn screening market is expected to grow at the highest CAGR of 15.5% over the forecast period, owing to the availability of advanced healthcare infrastructure and high awareness about prenatal and newborn screening methods in this region.
Emergen Research is Offering Limited Time Discount (Grab a Copy at Discounted Price Now) @ https://www.emergenresearch.com/request-discount/346
Emergen Research has segmented the global prenatal testing and newborn screening market based on diagnostic type, technology, end-use, and region:
- Diagnostic Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2022-2030)
- Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2022-2030)
- Screening Technology
- Diagnostic Technology
- End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2022-2030)
- Diagnostic Centers
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2022-2030)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Explore More Reports Emergen Research:
About Emergen Research
Emergen Research is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Types, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trend’s existent in the market. Emergen Research has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.
Corporate Sales Specialist
Emergen Research | Web: www.emergenresearch.com
Direct Line: +1 (604) 757-9756
Emergen Research Media Citations: https://www.emergenresearch.com/media-citations
Visit for More Insights: https://www.emergenresearch.com/insights