Global Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Drugs Market Size to Reach USD 33.59 Billion 2030 | Emergen Research
The global Multiple Sclerosis drugs market size is expected to reach USD 33.59 Billion at a steady revenue CAGR of 3.9% in 2030, according to latest analysis by Emergen Research. Increasing prevalence of the disease and technological advancements in treatments are among key factors driving growth of the market.
Multiple Sclerosis is one of the most debilitating neurological diseases, with symptoms including muscle weakness, paralysis, and vision problems. There is currently no cure for MS, but there are a number of treatments available that can help manage the disease and slow its progression.
According to National Multiple Sclerosis Society, around 1 million people in the U.S. are living with MS, as of 2019. Moreover, according to World Health Organization (WHO), around 2.5 million people globally were affected by MS in 2019. Thus, increasing prevalence of the disease is a major factor driving growth of the global market.
Several drugs are in research phase for the treatment of multiple sclerosis (MS) and many are in clinical trials. The drugs that have been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to treat MS are: interferons, glatiramer acetate, natalizumab, fingolimod, teriflunomide, and dimethyl fumarate.
The drugs that are in clinical trials for the treatment of MS are: alemtuzumab, daclizumab, ocrelizumab, and rituximab. These drugs are being studied for their potential to improve the symptoms of MS and slow down the progression of the disease.
Geneticists as well as other scientists are browsing human genome for causes and possible treatments for diseases such as Alzheimer's, muscular dystrophy, cancer and diabetes. For example, they have found that some people with a certain gene are more likely to develop Alzheimer's disease. So scientists are now working on drugs that will alter or repair that gene. Similarly, researchers have discovered that some people with multiple sclerosis have a certain gene that makes them more susceptible to the disease. So they are now working on drugs that will either alter or repair that gene.
Some Key Highlights From the Report
- Some major companies in the global market report include Biogen, Novartis AG, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Bayer AG, Pfizer Inc., Merck & Co., Inc., Sanofi, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., GSK plc., and Acorda Therapeutics.
- In May 2020, Pfizer Inc., and Biogen Inc., entered into a definitive agreement under which Pfizer will acquire full ownership of Bioverativ for USD 11.4 Billion in cash. This acquisition will help expand product portfolio of Pfizer in rare blood disorders and accelerate its entry into hemophilia market. This, in turn, is expected to support growth of the company over the forecast period.
- In May 2019, Sanofi S.A., acquired Bioverativ Inc., a U.S.-based biotechnology company focused on developing and commercializing therapies for hemophilia and other rare blood disorders, in an all-cash transaction valued at USD 11.6 Billion. This acquisition helped Sanofi to expand its product portfolio in the field of rare blood disorders.
- The immunomodulators segment is expected to account for largest revenue share over the forecast period owing to the large number of drugs available in the market for treatment of relapsing-remitting and primary-progressive multiple sclerosis.
- The oral segment is expected to grow at a rapid revenue rate during the forecast period owing to the preference of patients for oral drugs. Increasing R&D activities and pipeline drugs are expected to fuel the growth of the parenteral segment during the forecast period.
- The disease modifying therapies segment is expected to grow at highest CAGR over the forecast period owing to the pipeline candidates with novel mechanism of action and higher efficacy
- The North America multiple sclerosis drugs market is estimated to account for largest revenue share in 2016. The large share of the region can be attributed to higher prevalence of multiple sclerosis, availability of disease modifying therapies, and well-established healthcare infrastructure in the US.
Emergen Research is Offering Limited Time Discount (Grab a Copy at Discounted Price Now) @ https://www.emergenresearch.com/request-discount/260
Emergen Research has segmented the global multiple sclerosis drugs market based on drug class, route of administration, distribution channel, and region:
- Drug Class Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2022-2030)
- Route of Administration Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2022-2030)
- Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2022-2030)
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online stores
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2022-2030)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Explore More Reports Emergen Research:
About Emergen Research
Emergen Research is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Types, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trend’s existent in the market. Emergen Research has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.
Corporate Sales Specialist
Emergen Research | Web: www.emergenresearch.com
Direct Line: +1 (604) 757-9756
Emergen Research Media Citations: https://www.emergenresearch.com/media-citations
Visit for More Insights: https://www.emergenresearch.com/insights