Global Hydralazine Market to Grow at a CAGR of 3.5% During Forecast Period | Emergen Research
The global hydralazine market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.5% during the forecast period. The rising prevalence of hypertension and heart diseases is the major factor driving the growth of this market. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), around 1 billion people worldwide suffer from high blood pressure, and it is a leading cause of death globally. Moreover, the increasing geriatric population is another key factor driving the growth of this market. The elderly are more susceptible to hypertension and heart diseases due to the loss of muscle mass and elasticity in blood vessels.
Hydralazine is a medication used to treat high blood pressure. It belongs to a class of drugs called vasodilators, which work by relaxing the blood vessels and lowering blood pressure. Hydralazine is available in oral and injectable forms. It is typically taken two or three times a day.
Hydralazine’s extensive use as an antihypertensive medication and its low cost has resulted in it being one of the most commonly prescribed drugs worldwide. According to a report by World Health Organization, hydralazine is one of the top 200 most essential medicines needed in a basic health system.
Despite its widespread use, hydralazine has some serious side effects. These include low blood pressure, headache, rash, and dizziness. In rare cases, more serious side effects such as heart problems and lupus-like syndrome can occur. As a result of these potential side effects, patients taking hydralazine need to be closely monitored by a healthcare professional.
The increase in prevalence of hypertension and other cardiovascular diseases is the major factor driving the growth of this market. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), hypertension affects around 75 million adults in the U.S., which is approximately one in every three adults. The high cost of alternative medications and the availability of generic hydralazine are some of the factors restraining market growth.
Some Key Highlights from the Report
- Tablet segment is expected to grow at a significant rate in the global hydralazine market during the forecast period. The tablet form of hydralazine is used for treating hypertension and heart failure. Hydralazine is also available in injectable form, which is used for managing severe hypertension. According to the National Health Service (NHS), in the U.K., hydralazine is available in 25 mg and 50 mg tablets.
- On the basis of indication, the market is classified into hypertension, congestive heart failure, and others. As per the World Health Organization (WHO), in 2015, around 1.13 billion people were suffering from hypertension globally. The hypertension is expected to grow at a significant rate during the forecast period due to rise in geriatric population, change in lifestyle, and rise in prevalence of chronic diseases.
- According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), in the U.S., approximately 75 million adults suffer from hypertension, which accounts for about one third of the adult population. As per the American Heart Association (AHA), in 2014, about 6.3 million adults were suffering from congestive heart failure in the U.S. Moreover, according to the European Society of Cardiology (ESC), in 2012, around 26 million people were suffering from heart failure in Europe.
- Based on route of administration, the market is segmented into oral and injectable. The oral segment is expected to grow at a significant rate during the forecast period due to the easy availability and lower cost as compared to injectable form. The injectable segment is further sub-segmented into intravenous (IV) and intramuscular (IM).
- Based on distribution channel, the market is classified into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies. The hospital pharmacies segment is expected to grow at a significant rate during the forecast period. According to the NHS, in England, there are approximately 11,000 hospitals present.
Emergen Research is Offering Limited Time Discount (Grab a Copy at Discounted Price Now) @ https://www.emergenresearch.com/request-discount/259
Hydralazine Market: Competitive Landscape
Increasing research and development activities and research studies undertaken by the pharmaceutical and biotechnological companies is intensifying the competitive landscape. Strategic business expansion plans and collaborative ventures are further increasing the competition in the market.
Some of the key players operating in the Hydralazine Market are:
- American Regent
- Troikaa Pharmaceuticals
- Zafa Pharmaceuticals
Hydralazine Market Segmentation
- Recovery Centers
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
Explore More Reports Emergen Research:
About Emergen Research
Emergen Research is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Types, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trend’s existent in the market. Emergen Research has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.
Corporate Sales Specialist
Emergen Research | Web: www.emergenresearch.com
Direct Line: +1 (604) 757-9756
Emergen Research Media Citations: https://www.emergenresearch.com/media-citations
Visit for More Insights: https://www.emergenresearch.com/insights