Global Gut Microbiome Testing Market Size was Valued at USD 637.5 Million in 2018| Emergen Research
The global gut microbiome testing market was valued at USD 637.5 million in 2018 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 16.9%, during the forecast period (2019–2024). The rising awareness about gut health and the growing prevalence of gut-related diseases are the major factors driving the growth of the gut microbiome testing market. In addition, the increasing number of initiatives by government and private organizations to create awareness about gut microbiome testing is further propelling the growth of the market. However, the high cost of gut microbiome testing and the lack of trained personnel are restraining the growth of the market.
There has been an increase in the prevalence of gastrointestinal disorders, such as irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, and celiac disease, across the globe. This is one of the major factors driving the growth of the gut microbiome testing market. In addition, the rising awareness about the importance of gut health and the growing advancements in technology are some of the other factors expected to fuel the market growth.
Gut microbiome testing market is growing rapidly due to the rising awareness about the importance of gut health. Gut microbiome is the collection of all microorganisms that live in the gastrointestinal tract. These microorganisms play a vital role in various bodily functions such as digestion, immunity, and metabolism. Imbalance in the gut microbiome has been linked to various diseases such as obesity, diabetes, and inflammatory bowel disease.
The gut microbiome is the collection of all the microorganisms that live in the gastrointestinal tract, including bacteria, viruses, fungi, and protozoa. The human gut microbiome plays an important role in the overall health and well-being of an individual. It helps in the digestion of food, absorption of nutrients, and synthesis of vitamins. Gut microbiome testing is a process that helps in the identification and characterization of microorganisms present in the gut.
Gut microbiome testing helps in assessing the composition of gut microbiota and determining the relative abundance of different bacterial species. This information is helpful in identifying the bacteria that are linked to various diseases and designing targeted probiotic or prebiotic therapy.
Some Key Highlights from the Report
- Key players involved in the market and profiled in the report are Viome, Inc., uBiome Inc., Wellnicity, BIOHM, Psomagen, Thryve, Inc., Sun Genomics, Others.
- Top players are focusing on various strategies such as product launches, partnerships, collaborations, and mergers and acquisitions to stay competitive in the market. For instance, in February 2020, U Biome Inc. (US), a provider of microbiome testing and analysis services, raised USD 30 million through the sale of convertible notes to further fuel the growth of its business. Also, in September 2019, Viome Inc. (US) acquired Nutrino Health Ltd. (Israel), an AI and data-driven nutrition company, to expand its product portfolio and geographical reach.
- The services segment is expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period due to the rising demand for personalized medicine and the need for comprehensive analysis of gut microbiome tests and the increasing preference for sequencing-based tests and the need for data interpretation and analysis.
- The kit segment is expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period due to the availability of ready-to-use kits and the need for minimal sample processing. Also, the increasing preference for at-home testing is expected to fuel the growth of this segment.
- The 16s rRNA sequencing segment is expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period due to its widespread adoption and the need for comprehensive taxonomic analysis. Also, the need for data interpretation and analysis is expected to fuel the growth of this segment.
- The next-generation sequencing (NGS) segment is expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period due to its advantages over traditional methods, such as higher accuracy and sensitivity, shorter turnaround time, and improved sequencing quality. Also, the need for comprehensive taxonomic analysis is expected to fuel the growth of this segment.
- The Illumina segment is expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period due to its strong product portfolio and increasing preference for NGS-based methods. Also, the company’s wide geographic reach and significant R&D investment are expected to fuel the growth of this segment.
- The North America segment accounted for the largest market size in 2018 due to the rising prevalence of gastrointestinal disorders and the availability of a large number of gut microbiome tests in the region. Also, the region has a large number of biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies that are involved in research and development activities related to gastrointestinal disorders. These companies have been focused on providing advanced treatment options for gastrointestinal disorders, which is expected to propel market growth during the forecast period.
- The Europe segment is expected to register the second-highest CAGR during the forecast period due to the rising awareness about gut microbiome tests and the availability of advanced healthcare infrastructure. Also, the region has a large number of key players that are involved in research and development activities related to gastrointestinal disorders.
Emergen Research is Offering Limited Time Discount (Grab a Copy at Discounted Price Now) @ https://www.emergenresearch.com/request-discount/258
Gut Microbiome Test Market Segmentation:
- Gut Microbiome Testing Kit
- Homecare settings
- Clinics & Laboratories
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
Explore More Reports Emergen Research:
About Emergen Research
Emergen Research is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Types, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trend’s existent in the market. Emergen Research has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.
Corporate Sales Specialist
Emergen Research | Web: www.emergenresearch.com
Direct Line: +1 (604) 757-9756
Emergen Research Media Citations: https://www.emergenresearch.com/media-citations
Visit for More Insights: https://www.emergenresearch.com/insights