Global Clinical Decision Support System Market Size to Reach USD 10.74 Billion in 2030 | Emergen Research
The global clinical decision support system market size was USD 4.48 Billion in 2021 and is expected to register a revenue CAGR of 10.3% during the forecast period, according to latest analysis by Emergen Research. The increasing demand for computerized physician order entry (CPOE) systems is one of the major factors driving market growth. CPOE systems play a vital role in automating and streamlining the process of ordering drugs, laboratory tests, and radiology procedures. They help reduce medication errors and improve patient safety.
Another factor driving market growth is the increasing adoption of electronic health records (EHRs). EHRs help store patient medical records in a digital format, which can be easily accessed by authorized personnel. They also help reduce healthcare costs and improve patient care quality. The rising adoption of big data analytics in healthcare and the growing demand for value-based care are also expected to boost the market growth. However, the high cost of CDSS and data privacy concerns are restraining the market growth.
Clinical decision support system is a computer program designed to help healthcare professionals make decisions about the care of their patients. The systems use a variety of data sources, including patient medical records, demographic information, and clinical guidelines, to generate recommendations for clinicians. CDSSs are intended to improve the quality of care by providing more accurate and timely information to clinicians at the point of care. They are also intended to help clinicians make better decisions about diagnosis, treatment, and disease management.
The increasing instances of chronic disorder and the growing geriatric population are the primary growth drivers for the clinical decision support systems market. According to the National Institute on Aging, in 2015, around 15.8% of the world’s population belonged to the age group of 65 years and above. This number is expected to reach 21.1% by 2050. Moreover, according to the same source, the number of people aged 80 years and above is projected to triple by 2050. Furthermore, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in 2014, around 133 million people in the U.S., that is, one-third of the population, suffered from at least one chronic disease.
Some Key Highlights from the Report
- Key participants include Cerner Corporation, Epic Systems Corporation, Zynx Health, Allscripts Healthcare Solutions Inc., IBM, McKesson Corporation, Siemens Healthineers, Meditech, Philips Healthcare, and Wolters Kluwer Health, among others.
- In 2019, Philips launched an artificial intelligence (AI)-enabled CDSS to help clinicians with decision making for pneumonia diagnosis. This system uses a deep learning algorithm to automatically identify and quantify various types of pneumonia on chest X-rays.
- In 2018, McKesson Corporation (US) partnered with Zynx Health (US), a provider of evidence-based CDSS solutions to jointly develop clinical decision support content for sepsis, pressure ulcers, and heart failure. This partnership helped McKesson expand its CDSS portfolio.
- In 2018, Cerner Corporation (US) partnered with IBM Watson Health (US), a provider of cognitive computing, to develop and commercialize an AI-enabled CDSS. This partnership helped both the companies to develop new clinical decision support content and insights for oncology, cardiology, and other conditions.
- In 2018, Elsevier (Netherlands) acquired MXM Medical (US), a provider of clinical decision support solutions. This acquisition helped Elsevier expand its footprint in the CDSS market by providing new content and insights to clinicians for making better decisions.
- On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into standalone and integrated. The standalone segment is anticipated to register the highest growth rate during the forecast period owing to the growing demand for CDSS solutions that can be easily implemented in healthcare organizations.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into protocol management, care coordination, disease & drug management, and others. The disease & drug management segment is expected to register the highest growth rate during the forecast period owing to the growing need for CDSS solutions that can help in early diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
- On the basis of end-use, the market is segmented into hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, physician offices, and others. The hospitals segment is expected to register the highest growth rate during the forecast period owing to the growing demand for CDSS solutions in hospitals.
- On the basis of region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is expected to account for the largest share of the market during the forecast period owing to the presence of a large number of CDSS vendors in the region.
Emergen Research is Offering Limited Time Discount (Grab a Copy at Discounted Price Now) @ https://www.emergenresearch.com/request-discount/64
Emergen Research has segmented the global clinical decision support systems (CDSS) on the basis of component, product, type, mode of delivery, level of interactivity, setting outlook, usage, application, end-use, and region:
Component Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
- Integrated CDSS
- Standalone CDSS
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
- Therapeutic CDSS
- Diagnostic CDSS
Mode of Delivery Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
- On-Premise CDSS
- Web-Based CDSS
- Cloud-Based CDSS
Level of Interactivity Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
- Active CDSS
- Passive CDSS
Setting Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
- Ambulatory Care
Usage Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
- Expert Laboratory Information System
- Machine Learning Systems
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
- Drug Databases
- Care Plans
- Diagnostic Decision Support
- Disease Reference
End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
- Diagnostic Centers
- Retail Pharmacies
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
Explore More Reports Emergen Research:
About Emergen Research
Emergen Research is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Types, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trend’s existent in the market. Emergen Research has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.
Corporate Sales Specialist
Emergen Research | Web: www.emergenresearch.com
Direct Line: +1 (604) 757-9756
Press Release Available @ https://www.emergenresearch.com/press-release/global-clinical-decision-support-systems-cdss-market
Our Blog on Clinical Decision Support System Market@ https://www.emergenresearch.com/blog/top-10-leading-companies-offering-clinical-decision-support-systems