275 North Field Drive
Hospira is a global specialty pharmaceutical and medication delivery company dedicated to Advancing Wellness™ by developing, manufacturing and marketing products that improve the productivity, safety and efficacy of patient care. Created from the core global hospital products business of Abbott Laboratories in April 2004, Hospira has a 70-year history of service to the hospital industry.
In February 2007, Hospira acquired MaynePharma Limited to become the world leader in specialty generic injectable pharmaceuticals. Through its offering of high-quality, lower-cost alternatives to proprietary medications, Hospira continues to help reduce the overall costs of healthcare – to improve both the affordability of care for patients and the financial strength of the global healthcare system. The company also is a pioneer in providing innovative solutions to improve patient and healthcare worker safety. Its portfolio includes one of the industry's broadest lines of generic acutecare and oncology injectables, and integrated solutions for medication management and infusion therapy.
Nine manufacturing facilities in the United States include: Ashland, Ohio; Austin, Texas; Boulder, Colo.; Buffalo, N.Y.; Clayton, N.C.; McPherson, Kan.; Morgan Hill, Calif.; Rocky Mount, N.C. Nine facilities outside the United States include: Aguadilla, Puerto Rico; Haina, Dominican Republic; La Aurora de Heredia, Costa Rica; Liscate, Italy; Montreal, Canada; Mulgrave, Australia; Salisbury, Australia; Sligo, Ireland; and Wasserburg, Germany.
• John C. Staley, Chairman of the Board of Directors
• Mike Ball, Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Hospira has established long-standing customer relationships that span the "continuum of care" (hospitals, alternate site facilities, home healthcare providers and long-term care facilities).
Hospira has a leading position in the manufacture and supply of a broad range of hospital products including:
• Specialtyinjectables (including generic acute-care and oncology injectables, intensive-care proprietary pharmaceuticals, as well as proprietary delivery systems such as the iSecure™ syringe, a pre-filled, ready-to-use, disposable syringe)
• Medication management systems (including electronic infusion pumps and the HospiraMedNet® software system)
• Infusion therapy solutions/supplies (including the VisIV™ next-generation container)
• Critical care devices
• Third-party contract manufacturing, which leverages Hospira's expertise in pharmaceutical manufacturing
Hospira's news releases and other information can be found at www.hospira.com.
Approximately 15,000 employees worldwide