MEDICAL DEVICE Puerto Rico, held annually in one of the world’s most important high-tech, precision manufacturing locations, delivers innovative products, leading technical experts, and networking opportunities for medical device and instrument OEMs.
Through the exhibition, conference, and networking activities at MEDICAL DEVICE Puerto Rico, manufacturers will find solutions for improving their business, from increasing process efficiencies and regulatory compliance, to improving product quality and bottom line performance. The two-day education program is focused on the latest regulations, research, and success stories – presented by the FDA, medical device manufacturers, educators, and suppliers.
MEDICAL DEVICE Puerto Rico
February 1-2, 2007
Puerto Rico Convention Center
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Key Contact Information:
Key Event Statistics
· Tradeshow and conference event in its 3rd year (in 2007)
· Attendance in 2006 – 702 attendees; 1,054 industry professionals (including suppliers)
· Number of exhibiting companies in 2006 – 101
· Net square feet in 2006 – 11,000
· Co-located with INTERPHEX Puerto Rico and MEDICAL DEVICE Puerto Rico
Key Industry Statistics
· The majority of the instrument manufacturing operations in Puerto Rico are subsidiaries of U.S. mainland firms, many of which are Fortune 500 companies including Johnson & Johnson, Baxter International, and Bristol-Myers Squibb.
· 50% of all pacemakers and defibrillators used in the U.S. are made in Puerto Rico
· Mainland companies who have made investments in production facilities include Baxter, Medtronic, Stryker, and Becton Dickinson.
· European medical/scientific device companies operating in Puerto Rico include B. Braun, Unilever, and Roche.
· Puerto Rico shipped over 42 billion of medical/scientific devices in 2003, placing it 8th in the world in total shipments.
The 2007 MEDICAL DEVICE Puerto Rico conference program is comprised of three separate tracks focusing on the most important issues facing medical device and instrument manufacturers today. Developed by experienced leaders in life sciences, the educational sessions deliver first-hand knowledge and real world experience to benefit today’s businesses. Program tracks include:
· Regulatory issues: Inspection Priorities, Product Transfer Best Practices, Complaint Handling, 21 CFR Part 806
· Manufacturing Excellence: Winning Business in Puerto Rico, Lasers, CAPA, Failure Mode Effect Analysis
· Continuous Improvement Training, sponsored by The Center for Professional Advancement: Accredited training courses focused on Maintaining Compliant Systems for CAPA Programs and How to Sustain Lean Manufacturing.
· Find real-world solutions your business can implement today.
· Source equipment, technology, and services for improving manufacturing efficiencies from over 100 leading industry suppliers. Products on display include adhesives, electronic components, manufacturing equipment and software, packaging equipment, production/assembly equipment and software, testing and instrumentation, and more.
· Share insights and ideas with business professionals from Puerto Rico’s life sciences community.
· Network with colleagues and suppliers at numerous special events, including a Fiesta Hour, Opening Night Reception, and a Golf Tournament.
· Keynote presentations, including an FDA-Industry discussion with Maridalia Torres, the FDA’s San Juan District Director, and “ Economic Perspectives for Puerto Rico” presented by the Hon. Anibal Acevedo Vila, Governor of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
Who Should Attend:
· Corporate Management
· Packaging Engineers
· Plant/Operations Managers
· Process Engineers
· Product/Systems Design Engineers
· Production or Manufacturing Engineers
· Project Engineers
· Quality Assurance/Quality Control
· Research & Development
MEDICAL DEVICE Puerto Rico is sponsored by Medical Design Technology, Medical Product Outsourcing, the Puerto Rico Manufacturers Association, and INDUNIV. Endorsers include CIAPR, the International RFID Business Association, the Medical Device Manufacturers Association, Orthopedic Design & Technology, the Puerto Rico Chamber of Commerce, the Puerto Rico Convention Bureau, PRIDCO, Puerto Rico Small Business & Technology Development Center, Puerto Rico Technoeconomic Corridor, and the Puerto Rico Trade Company.
For more information, including conference sessions, registration, and information on exhibiting, please visit our website, www.medicaldevicepuertorico.com.
Last Updated: 01-10-2007