Guilford Pharmaceuticals Inc.
6611 Tributary Street
Guilford Pharmaceuticals Inc. is a strategically driven innovator of novel pharmaceutical and biopolymer-based products that are intended to offer new and better treatments for serious medical conditions like Parkinson's disease, cancer and diabetic peripheral neuropathy. The company has two innovative technology platforms, a PHARMACEUTICAL PLATFORM and a BIOPOLYMER PLATFORM that have already spawned one commercial product and over a half a dozen novel product candidates.
Guilford is using its expertise in neurobiology to discover and develop novel treatments for acute and chronic neurodegenerative disorders like Parkinson's disease, peripheral neuropathy and stroke. The Company currently has five distinct programs including its neuroimmunophilin, NAALADase, PARP and serine racemase inhibitor programs and a novel anesthetic agent called AQUAVANTM Injection.
Guilford's biopolymer platform is designed to commercialize novel biopolymer-based products capable of delivering proven medicines in more effective ways--to increase efficacy and minimize harmful side effects. To date, this platform includes one product, GLIADEL® Wafer, and two product candidates, PACLIMER® Microspheres and LIDOMERTM Microspheres.
Deploying its expertise in pharmaceutical and biopolymer discovery and development, Guilford's goal is to build a diversified biopharmaceutical company that is one of the most productive in its industry. To meet this goal, Guilford focuses on providing innovative solutions for large, under-serviced markets; diversifying drug development to manage risk and create opportunity; and implementing 'best industry practices' to accelerate its drug development efforts. The Company has an extensive patent portfolio that includes rights to over 100 U.S. patents and patent applications and over 700 foreign patents and patent applications.
Orion-Pharmos - Exclusive Scandinavian marketing, supply, and distribution agreement for GLIADEL® Wafer.
Daiichi Radioisotope Laboratories - Exclusive marketing, sales, and distribution rights to DOPASCAN® Injection for Japan, Korea, and Taiwan.
An Aggressive Agenda for 2001
In 2001 we’ve established an aggressive agenda for ourselves and hope to:
- Submit a supplemental New Drug Application to seek approval to expand the market for GLIADEL® Wafer.
- Complete a Phase I/II dose escalation study of PACLIMER® Microspheres in women with advanced ovarian cancer.
- Commence additional studies to test PACLIMER® Microspheres as a treatment for intratumoral therapy of non-small cell lung cancer.
- Complete a Phase II clinical trial of NIL-A in Parkinson's patients.
- Complete a Phase I study and initiate a Phase II clinical trial of GPI-5693 for the treatment of neuropathic pain associated with diabetic peripheral neuropathy.
- Complete a phase I study and initiate a Phase II clinical trial of AQUAVAN™ Injection.
- Select a lead compound in our PARP inhibitor program.
Matt Geller, CIBC
Stefan Loren, Legg Mason
John Sonnier, Prudential Vector Securities
Brian Rye CFA, Raymond James
Andrew Gitkin, UBS Warburg
Last Updated 11-8-01
Guilford Pharmaceuticals Inc.