Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is a global technology leader in communications, electronics and life sciences. The company's 28,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had a 2003 net revenue of $6.1 billion.
About Agilent's Life Sciences and Chemical Analysis (LSCA) Group
- LSCA is a leading supplier of instruments, supplies, software and services to the life science and chemical analysis markets.
- SCA's $1.2 billion 2003 revenue accounted for 20% of Agilent's business.
- LSCA is global with 3,700 employees, five international manufacturing sites and worldwide sales and support services.
- LSCA Mission: Enable increasingly innovative and productive research in pharmaceutical, biotech, academic, government and corporate organizations.
- Key technology platforms include liquid chromatographs, gas chromatographs, microarrays, mass spectrometers and microfluidics-based devices. These technologies enable the identification, quantification, and analysis of the atomic, molecular, physical and biological properties of thousands of substances and products.
LSCA Markets Served
As a world leader in chemical analysis, Agilent continues to focus on the environmental, petrochemical and food safety markets, and now supports homeland defense with instruments and expertise in biochemical detection and forensics.
In the life sciences, Agilent is helping organizations unlock the genetic causes of disease and further the discovery and development of new drugs. Agilent addresses the needs of basic research and the entire pharmaceutical value chain with solutions for gene expression, proteomics, informatics, pharmaceutical drug analysis (for drug development, QA/QC, and manufacturing), and regulatory compliance.
Agilent is a world market leader in gas chromatography, microfluidics and compliance services, with product and technology leadership in many areas, including liquid chromatography, gene expression and proteomics analysis.
LSCA Major Products/Services
Agilent Technologies offers a broad range of instruments, laboratory supplies/consumables, and computer-based laboratory systems for life sciences and analytical chemistry research. They include DNA microarrays, microarray scanners, software, and reagents; microfluidic-based sample analysis systems; LC systems, columns and components; capillary electrophoresis systems; purification systems; protein identification systems; mass-spectrometry systems including ICP-MS, GC/MS and LC/MS; gas chromatographs supported by GC detectors; injection systems; sample-handling systems and columns; automated sample-preparation systems; laboratory-computing and data networking systems. Agilent also offers multi-vendor compliance services for pharmaceuticals.
Because uptime, productivity and system performance are critical to its customers, Agilent backs its products with a sophisticated support organization. In addition, Agilent provides registered customers with 24 x 7 access to information and shopping at its e-commerce site (www.agilent.com/chem).
Agilent's Life Sciences and Chemical Analysis headquarters is located in Santa Clara, California. Agilent has life sciences and analytical R&D facilities in Folsom and Santa Clara, California; Willmington, Delaware; Waldbronn, Germany; Tokyo, Japan; and Shanghai, China.
Last Updated: 04-08-04
Agilent Technologies Inc.