5050 Nathan Lane
157 articles with Abbott
- Abbott has the capacity and supply to support increased demand for mechanical circulatory support (MCS) devices following Medtronic's decision to stop the global distribution and sale of the Medtronic HeartWare™ ventricular assist device (HVAD) - Access to MCS devices are critical for advanced heart failure patients and can improve survival, clinical outcomes and quality of life
- Sales growth of 35.3 percent; organic sales growth of 32.9 percent - GAAP diluted EPS growth from continuing operations of 233.3 percent; adjusted diluted EPS growth of 103.1 percent - All four major businesses achieved strong sales growth in the quarter - Projected full-year EPS remains unchanged; reflects growth of more than 35 percent
Abbott's BinaxNOW™ Rapid Antigen Self Test Receives FDA Emergency Use Authorization for Asymptomatic, Over-the-Counter, Non-Prescription, Multi-Test Use
FDA Emergency Use Authorization permits asymptomatic, non-prescription, over-the-counter self use for people with or without symptoms
- Abbott Sales of $10.7 billion, including $2.4 billion of COVID-19 diagnostic testing-related sales - Sales growth of 28.7 percent; organic sales growth of 28.4 percent - GAAP diluted EPS from continuing operations growth of 103.4 percent; adjusted diluted EPS growth of 52.6 percent - Delivered more than 300 million COVID-19 diagnostics tests in fourth quarter 2020
Abbott to Launch the NeuroSphere™ myPath™ Digital Health App Designed to Track and Report Pain Relief in Chronic Pain Patients With Physicians Prior to Device Implant
Abbott (NYSE: ABT) today announced the upcoming launch of NeuroSphere™ myPath™, a digital health app designed to track and report on patient perceived pain relief and general well-being associated with spinal cord stimulation (SCS) or dorsal root ganglion (DRG) therapy.
Abbott Announces Fulfillment of Federal Government Purchase of 150 Million BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Rapid Tests and Is Now Ready to Support Commercial Distribution
Abbott (NYSE: ABT) is announcing today the fulfillment of the federal government's order of 150 million BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag tests.
- The test to help evaluate mild traumatic brain injury (TBI), commonly known as concussion, produces a result within 15 minutes after a plasma sample is inserted and will run on Abbott's i-STAT™ Alinity™ handheld device - Having a blood test available could help eliminate wait time in the emergency room and could reduce the number of unnecessary CT scans by up to 40%
The development and authorization of a COVID-19 vaccine is a critical scientific milestone in our efforts to combat this pandemic. Abbott released findings from a survey conducted by The Harris Poll, showing that Americans see testing as an essential partner to these new vaccines.
Abbott will present virtually at the 39th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference on Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2021. Robert B. Ford, president and chief executive officer, will present at 9 a.m. Central time.
- Abbott's HeartMate 3™ heart pump approved for use for pediatric patients battling advanced heart failure - This life-saving technology provides new treatment option for underserved population
Abbott's BinaxNOW COVID-19 Rapid Test Receives FDA Emergency Use Authorization for First Virtually Guided, At-Home Rapid Test Using eMed's Digital Health Platform
- First at-home, virtually guided service to bring rapid, reliable and affordable testing into the home where the result is delivered in minutes - Abbott and eMed™ expect to deliver and administer 30 million BinaxNOW™ tests in the first quarter of 2021, with an additional 90 million in the second quarter - $25 cost for the test and service is the lowest available for at-home testing, which supports the home user to ensure a successful testing process
- SARS-CoV-2 IgG II Quant antibody test measures levels of IgG antibodies to help measure and understand a person's immune response - The test specifically identifies levels of IgG antibodies that attach to the virus' spike protein which can be helpful to evaluate a person's immune response to vaccines
- Increase reflects strength and sustainability of Abbott's diversified business - Dividend increased for 49th consecutive year - Abbott remains an S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrat
Abbott's FreeStyle Libre 2 Now Approved for Adults and Children with Diabetes in Canada, Featuring Unsurpassed 14-Day Accuracy and Optional Alarms
Abbott (NYSE:ABT) today announced its next-generation, sensor-based glucose monitoring technology, FreeStyle Libre 2, received approval by Health Canada for adults and children (4 and older) with diabetes.
Abbott Becomes First Anchor Sponsor of American Diabetes Association's Health Equity Now Initiative to Advance Access to Care and Technology for People with Diabetes
Today, Abbott (NYSE: ABT) and the American Diabetes Association® (ADA) announced that Abbott has become the first anchor sponsor of the Health Equity Now (HEN) platform to address health disparities for people with diabetes
Abbott Named Industry Sustainability Leader for the Eighth Year in a Row on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI)
For the eighth consecutive year, Abbott (NYSE: ABT) has been named the industry leader in sustainability by the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI), one of the most prestigious global benchmarks for corporate sustainability.
Abbott Announces the U.S. Launch of the IonicRF™ Generator for Use in Patients Living With Chronic Pain
Abbott (NYSE: ABT) today announced the launch of the IonicRF™ Generator – a new device recently cleared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to deliver a non-surgical, minimally invasive treatment for the management of pain in the nervous system.
-- Considered as the industry's equivalent of the Nobel Prize in biopharmaceutical and medical technology research, Prix Galien USA honored MitraClip as the Best Medical Technology for 2020 -- The groundbreaking MitraClip therapy has positively impacted the lives of more than 100,000 people globally living with mitral regurgitation, or a leaky heart valve
Abbott Reports Third-Quarter 2020 Results; Achieves Strong Double-Digit Earnings Growth and Raises Guidance
Abbott (NYSE: ABT) today announced financial results for the third quarter ended Sept. 30, 2020.
- Data demonstrates highly reliable test results with 99.56% specificity and 95.00% sensitivity for patients tested 15 days after symptom onset - Availability of the new IgM blood test on the ARCHITECT® and Alinity™ platforms is part of Abbott's effort to offer tests across the disease progression of COVID-19 - Abbott's IgM test will give a more complete picture of where patients are in their recovery [12-October-202