ABC Laboratories, Inc.
4780 Discovery Drive
A Thriving Contract Research Organization
Since 1968, ABC Laboratories has delivered expert scientific support to companies working to develop products for improved human and animal health. Our focus on operational excellence, evidenced by continuous performance monitoring and metrics reporting, has helped us establish an excellent regulatory record and high client satisfaction ratings. We maintain a strong base of loyal clients and welcome new clients at an impressive pace, which contributes to our strong financial performance and double-digit growth, year over year.
More than 350 scientists and support staff are building their careers with ABC Laboratories. We are currently hiring bright, motivated professionals who are passionate about their work.
Living in Columbia, Missouri
ABC Laboratories is headquartered in the heart of the Midwest Bio-Innovation Belt, which spans from Manhattan, Kansas, to St. Louis, Missouri. Columbia offers a high quality of life with a low cost of living, affordable housing and a comparatively low unemployment rate. Plus, the city is alive with art shows, cultural events, exciting nightlife, a great selection of independent restaurants and fun activities in the great outdoors.
Industries We Serve
• Medical device
• Animal health
Pharmaceutical Development Solutions
ABC Laboratories offers a broad array of development services—from IND-enabling programs to the full range of CMC analytical support for large and small molecules.
• IND-enabling solutions include in-vitro and in-vivo DMPK; metabolite ID and quantification; toxicology dose formulation analysis; method development and validation; toxicokinetics; and pharmacokinetic and bioavailability studies.
• Clinical solutions include method development and validation; human mass balance; dose formulation and bioanalytical testing/sample analysis (Phase I-IV); bioequivalency testing; drug interference testing and clinical supply kits.
• CMC & QC solutions include proprietary, in-process and stability-indicating methods for assay of raw materials, API and drug product; impurity ID and characterization; analytical support for reformulation/formulation; raw material, component testing/COAs; reference standard qualification, ICH stability programs, extractables/leachables programs, batch release testing, and bioequivalency testing.
• A dedicated biotech services team delivers specialized large molecule development support: method feasibility, development, validation and transfer; ICH stability testing of bulk and finished products for IND/CTA/NDA submissions; biopharmaceutical product characterization; biopharmaceutical product testing; batch release testing; forced degradation studies; extractables/leachables testing; CMC support for regulatory submissions; pre-IND immunoassay method optimization and validation; and IND and clinical bioanalytical support.
• In-house synthesis and radiolabeling expertise supports a variety of drug metabolism and impurity ID activities. Services include custom API synthesis; radio-label synthesis (CGMP and non-CGMP); stable-label synthesis; reference standard synthesis and CoAs.
Chemical Development Services
Analytical Bio-Chemistry Laboratories delivers expert testing and development services conducted under strict adherence to Good Laboratory Practice standards for products regulated by U.S. EPA, U.S. FDA, the European Union and other regulatory agencies.
• Physical/Chemical Properties Testing
• Environmental Fate
• Residue and Analytical Chemistry
• Field Project Management
ABC Laboratories has new and newly renovated facilities in Columbia, Missouri, and Sacramento, California. All facilities are outfitted with state-of-the-art mass spectrometry, HPLC and a wide range of specialized instrumentation.
Discovery Ridge Research Park. This 90,000-square-foot pharmaceutical development laboratory, built in 2008, is located in Columbia at the University of Missouri’s Discovery Ridge Research Park. The facility accommodates dedicated laboratories for CGMP analytical, biotech, DMPK and bioanalytical services. In addition, it houses a 35,000-cubic-foot stability suite that covers all ICH and custom conditions.
The Original Campus. This facility in Columbia performs chemical development and environmental testing services for clients and houses our radiosynthesis operations. The 65,000-square-foot location recently underwent a $5.2 million renovation and expansion in 2009 and 2010.
Morse Laboratories. ABC Laboratories acquired this facility in Sacramento in 2009. The laboratory provides a variety of residue chemistry services.