Content Manager, Life Sciences Careers
- Position Type
- Full time
If you like working at a company where individual contribution matters and is recognized, where you can have both autonomy and support to achieve your goals and where creativity and accomplishment are rewarded, then you should consider BioSpace, Inc.
BioSpace is the leading online community for industry news and careers for life science professionals. For over 30 years, BioSpace has provided essential insights, opportunities and tools to connect innovative organizations and talented professionals who advance health and quality of life across the globe. Our team operates with a fun, entrepreneurial style that combines our passion and high-energy with an aggressive vision of growing BioSpace.
BioSpace has an exciting opportunity for a Content Manager to oversee our life sciences careers section. In this role, you will plan our careers content calendar, deliver quarterly job market insights reports, take ownership of our weekly career-focused newsletter and work closely with marketing and editorial teams to grow readership and subscribers.
This is a full-time role that reports to the VP of Marketing. Employees in our West Des Moines office work a hybrid schedule: In office Mon – Wed, and work from home option Thurs-Fri.
In this position you will:
- Plan, maintain and take ownership of our career content calendar
- Write and publish 3-4 career stories a week, including but not limited to career advice guides, Q&As, listicles, and more
- Source guest contributors; assign and edit career-related columns
- Uphold digital publishing strategies for SEO Research keywords, industry news and career trends to inform content planning
- Help research and write job market and other trend reports based on BioSpace data and surveys
- Proactively identify additional content and/or multi-media opportunities to engage and grow our community (ie., contribute to podcasts, webinars)
- Curate our weekly Career Insider email with exclusive content
- Track newsletter engagement and site traffic to careers stories to inform future coverage and provide reporting to management
- Develop and maintain relationships with recruiters, career coaches and others with expertise in biopharma employment
- Work collaboratively with marketing, design, editorial, and other departments
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or the life sciences; advanced degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience in content planning, writing and publishing; editing experience preferred
- Impeccable writing and organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Working knowledge of digital publishing and SEO principles
- Knowledge of the AP Style Guide and copyediting
- Proven ability to develop and cultivate relationships with industry sources
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, online publishing environment
- Experience publishing in a CMS Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate freely with team members
- Google Analytics and HubSpot skills a plus
- Survey design and/or polling experience a plus
BioSpace offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including the week off between Dec 25 and Jan 1!
Interested candidates should apply via our website at www.biospace.com. Questions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pre-employment background check required.