Junior Brand Designer
- Position Type
- Full time
BioSpace is the hub for life science news and jobs. We provide essential insights, opportunities, and tools to connect innovative organizations and talented professionals who advance health and quality of life across the globe.
This is a newly created position for a Junior Brand Designer to make a significant contribution to BioSpace’s portfolio of brands and their corresponding content and marketing programs.
The ideal candidate is creative, meticulous, and highly organized with a background in graphic design. Portfolio examples showcasing strong principles of layout and campaign design are required.
This role reports to the VP of Marketing. Employees in our West Des Moines office work a hybrid schedule: In office Mon – Wed, and work from home option Thurs-Fri.
What You’ll Do:
- Deliver high-quality designs for BioSpace’s portfolio of brands, including campaign assets, whitepapers, editorial assets, sales decks, new branding elements and more.
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Editorial, Sales, Customer Success, and other departments while interpreting creative briefs as they pertain to business objectives and project requirements.
- Operate within the brand guidelines to maintain our visual identity while developing high-quality designs for BioSpace’s portfolio of brands.
- Manage your time and workload appropriately to keep each project within its deadline requirements.
Who You Are:
- Up to two years of experience as a graphic designer, preferably supporting a marketing team.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, or similar field.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (primarily Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat – After Effects & Premier Pro a plus) Proficiency in designing collateral materials for digital and print distribution.
- Confidently manage time, multitask, while remaining positive and flexible when pivots are required.
- Communicative and collaborative with colleagues, especially the ability to communicate complex concepts to non-technical audiences.
- High attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn new skills and programs as the need arises.
BioSpace offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including the week off between Dec 24 and Jan 1!
Interested candidates may apply through our website at www.biospace.com. Please include an attachment or link to your portfolio. Applications and questions may also be emailed directly to Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-employment background check required