Writer, Biotech Careers
- BioSpace, Inc.
- Mar 10, 2023
- Marketing, Marketing/Corporate Communications, Public Relations, Regulatory, Research/Documentation
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
BioSpace is the digital hub for life science news and jobs.
We are searching for freelance writers to join our growing content team. The ideal candidate will be curious, a self-starter, creative and discerning. You will have exceptional writing, research and interviewing skills.
In this role, your primary responsibilities will be to write one to two feature articles per week covering career and job market-related topics specific to the life science, biopharma and biotech industries. You will pitch topics, find sources, conduct interviews and write insightful articles for a digital publishing platform.
What are key challenges to working in this industry? How can one be successful? You will help answer questions like how to transition from academia into industry work, highlight various career pathing options by interviewing thriving professionals, how to excel in leadership roles, what skills are most in demand, and examine both the challenges and opportunities of working in biotech.
When applying, please provide your resume or CV and 2-3 published writing samples.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, an appropriate area of life sciences OR relevant journalism experience
- Proven experience writing in AP style
- Ability to find and interview unique sources
- Fully remote work
- Flexible work environment
- Creative freedom