- BioSpace, Inc.
- Feb 15, 2023
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
BioSpace is the hub for life science news and jobs. We provide essential insights, opportunities, and tools to connect innovative organizations and talented professionals who advance health and quality of life across the globe.
This is an opportunity for a thoughtful Community Manager who is passionate about science to make a significant contribution to BioSpace’s marketing and engagement programs.
Our audience is largely made up of professionals working in the biotech and pharma industry, and our content reflects these interests, including business, clinical research, and work-related topics.
You will be responsible for community engagement on BioSpace’s social media platforms to drive user growth. You will work with the content and marketing teams to inform strategies based off insights derived from social monitoring and audience data.
The ideal candidate is an excellent science communicator with a deep understanding of how to grow communities using social media platforms and effective content strategies.
This role reports to the VP of Marketing.
In this position you will:
- Plan and execute social media and communication strategies
- Post content like BioSpace news, polls, and value props to drive user growth and engagement on BioSpace
- Write highly engaging, well-informed copy and work with designers on creative assets
- Monitor conversations happening on social platforms to help guide content and marketing tactics
- Engage with the BioSpace community through comments, questions, group activity, etc.
- Identify and engage relevant influencers and strategic content partners
- Analyze data to optimize activity on each platform
- Work cross-functionally with Content, Sales, Customer Success, and other departments
- 5+ years of social media experience
- Active social media user with deep understanding of engagement best practices on including but not limited to LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
- Excellent copywriting skills with a flair for wit and interpreting dense subject matter with brevity
- Proficient with Google Analytics and customized reporting
- A background in science or working in biotech/pharma is preferred