Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 16,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The Head of Global Team Leads is a senior, cross-functional leader in Daiichi Sankyo's Asset and Portfolio Management Team within the Global R&D organization. The role reports to the Head of Asset & Portfolio Management. The Head of Global Team Leads is a member of the Asset & Portfolio Management Leadership Team whose vision is to transform next-generation science into medicines valuable to patients and lead integrated development planning. The Head of Global Team Leads is directly responsible for managing the Global Team Leaders for Assets to ensure the integrated development plans and Global Project Teams are delivering on their goals to include conceiving, designing and implementing product strategy and development delivery for their assigned program. This role has senior accountabilities that are critical to the delivery of Asset & Portfolio goals and portfolio targets.
- Creating and leading the strategy of the asset portfolio and the Global Team Leaders (GTL). They will ensure GTL’s are developing strategies that will provide for a differentiated clear and sustainable platform of evidence generation, design and leadership of clinical development plans, and addressing all regulatory, drug and patient safety, data, CMC, IP, patient selection and all other relevant development functions
- Provide leadership and strategic vision for the Asset teams to include supporting global, cross-functional Global Project Teams (GPT’s) for all assets. Partners with Global Team Leads and key functional leaders to ensure a smooth transition of asset development across the continuum from Research, Development, and Commercial.
- Contributing to the delivery of the comprehensive Drug Development portfolio to maximum value, including the identification and delivery of cross-portfolio opportunities, the development and growth of development leadership, cross-functional development acumen, project management capability and robust peer review of projects and products
- Developing, with internal partner functions, corporate, key researcher and investigator relationships benefiting the development of the pipeline. Collaborating with external partners to deliver existing commitments and to explore additional partnering opportunities across the portfolio of assets.
- Portfolio management across the pipeline, ensuring cross asset strategies as well as collaboration with assets and Disease Area Strategy Teams. Lead Portfolio Prioritization across assets in their remit and be an active member of the Portfolio Prioritization Team. Being an expert in drug development strategies and communicating the integration of these strategies in line with company and unit yearly goals and the Mid-Term Plan.
- The individual in this role functions as the subject matter expert across the Asset Portfolio in their remit and collaborates with the GTLs to define, develop and clearly articulate a range of strategic and tactical options designed to align with the project’s goals, strategy, underlying science, budget and resources. In addition, this individual will ensure governance processes for their assets are well prepared and in line with company objectives.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Master's Degree MS/PhD or MBA with experience working within a science-based organization /function, or in Physical, or Life Sciences preferred
- PhD MS/PhD or MBA with experience working within a science-based organization /function, or in Physical, or Life Sciences preferred
- MBA MS/PhD or MBA with experience working within a science-based organization /function, or in Physical, or Life Sciences preferred
- 10 or More Years 15 or More Years
- Extensive industry experience managing and leading therapeutic research and development teams - Experienced matrix leader
- Understands relevance of early and late stage drug development
- Demonstrated translational science understanding
- Experience managing and/or leading collaborations, alliances, or other relationships through influencing without direct authority, creating effective relationships with peer counterparts
- Prior experience in drug development – team leadership and regulatory submissions (INDs, NDA/MAA) with proven ability to lead multiple highly complex and/or high priority projects
- Exceptional ability to lead teams, identify and develop talent, and delegate effectively. Proven capability to lead, motivate, inspire without authority in a diverse, global, cross-functional structure
- Strong, lucid, and influential communicator: exceptional influencing skills that demonstrate strong thought partnership and create effective relationships
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to build and connect strong teams and community
- Led a Project Development Team(s) required
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.