About BioLife Plasma Services
Every day at BioLife, we feel good knowing that what we do helps improve the lives of patients with rare diseases. While you focus on our donors, we’ll support you. We offer a purpose you can believe in, a team you can count on, opportunities for career growth, and a comprehensive benefits program, all in a fast-paced, friendly environment.
This role is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda’s Hybrid and Remote Work policy. This role will be based in IL & will support plasma centers across the domestic United States (40-50% travel).
BioLife Plasma Services is a subsidiary of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd.
The Human Resources Partner is responsible for providing HR Generalist support to the BioLife Plasma Services network. This role will support designated districts and help to coordinate, implement, and monitor HR programs and policies across various plasma center locations. This role helps provide training and coaching to district and center management on employment related matters. As part of the BioLife HR team, this individual will assist in implementing the human resources strategy across the BioLife organization. Serves as a key business partner to center and district management.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Helps to support organizational initiatives for leadership development, performance management, compensation, employee training and development, reward and recognition systems, career path, job analysis and descriptions, compliance, and employee relations.
- Partners with district and center management to help support employee engagement and retention through various efforts
- Complete in-person field-based employee listening sessions to gauge location environment. Make recommendations to management based on feedback received.
- Helps develop, implement, and support HR programs and processes to support overall effectiveness of the BioLife business.
- Helps to champion and drive Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DE&I).
- Analyzes trends in turnover, hiring, promotion, separation, grievances, etc. to recommend preventative actions needed to adjust unfavorable trends.
- Manages employee relations issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and work/performance issues while ensuring legal compliance across regions, leveraging employee abilities and managing risk. Effectively investigates issues, makes recommendations, and takes appropriate action.
- Participates in local talent planning which includes implementation of function-wide training and development plans and talent management support including support of leadership assessment process. Partners with district and center management to identify and address talent development needs.
- Partners and liaises with Talent Acquisition function to ensure workforce planning, recruiting and hiring strategies are met.
- Helps to provide management training to new and existing managers across the network. May create and facilitate HR training for new and existing managers.
- Conduct exit interviews, analyze trends in turnover, hiring, promotions, separations and grievances to determine support or action needed to adjust unfavorable trends; provide reporting and analysis on turnover trends
- Helps to support managers through employee leave of absence processes by serving as a liaison between the employee, leave of absence team, and management. Helps to answer employee and manager questions related to leave of absence, FMLA, short-term disability, and personal leave of absence.
- Leave of Absence oversight and management of the Reasonable Accommodation process.
- Other HR and business projects as assigned.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 3-5 years Human Resources generalist experience required
- Human Resources experience in the health care or pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Prior human resource professional experience working with leaders in a large / matrix organization is a plus.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Willingness to travel to various BioLife locations up to 40-50% including overnight trips.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
USA - IL - BannockburnWorker Type