Project Manager, Legal Operations
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Job DescriptionGilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to advancing innovative medicines to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis, and cancer. Gilead operates in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California. Job Description
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Project Manager to join the Legal Operations team at Gilead Sciences. This role will report into the Senior Manager of Legal Operations and will support the Legal department. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in project management and process improvement.The Project Manager will manage a variety of projects that are technical and non-technical in nature. Depending on the business priorities, the candidate will need to ensure alignment on priorities, identify interdependencies, and propose solutions to generate value to Gilead and the Legal department.The Legal Operations Project Manager must be comfortable with ambiguity and have a strong ability to bring order and discipline to projects that engage many stakeholders and delivery partners.This position will be based in Foster City, CA (non-remote).Essential Duties & Job Functions
- Plan and manage Legal Operations projects, including but not limited to contract management, document management, knowledge management, legal finance, and legal technology initiatives.
- Run the project from inception through completion while adhering to project scope, schedule, quality, and budget.
- Develop and actively maintain detailed project plans and timelines.
- Communicate project status updates and progress reports to senior management, stakeholders, and project teams.
- Ensure that all deliverables and commitments are met, and the project complies with relevant standards and methodologies.
- Coordinate and align on project portfolio timelines to ensure proper prioritization of resources to meet project goals and delivery dates.
- Support end-to-end project lifecycle including gathering requirements, solution design, implementation, testing, change management and ongoing support.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Legal, IT, Finance, to ensure that all stakeholders are aligned on project goals and objectives.
- Identify and mitigate risks and issues that could impact project delivery and develop contingency plans as necessary.
- Lead and manage project teams, ensuring that all team members are working together effectively to achieve project goals.
- Identify opportunities to improve Legal Operations processes and develop recommendations for process improvement strategies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external partners, vendors, and consultants to support project delivery.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, remain calm under pressure, be flexible and comfortable taking ownership in ambiguous situations.
- Develop robust communication and training strategies that effectively cascade information to broad set of stakeholders.
- Analyze data to create succinct presentations tailored to the audience at hand.
- Bachelor's degree with 7+ years of relevant experience OR 5+ years with an MBA/MS or MA
- Highly proficient in project management methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and proven ability to interact with senior management cross-functionally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective in handling competing priorities and prioritization of projects in order to meet established deadlines
- Experience in Microsoft products like Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to understand the needs of Legal teams and manage their expectations, using various communication styles to work effectively, listen and adapt to complex situations
Gilead Core Values:
- Project Management certifications a plus (PMP, Scrum Master, etc.)
- Prior experience in a legal setting preferred
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Proficiency in project management and collaboration tools such as Smartsheet, Azure DevOps, Visio, and MS Teams, MS Office (PPT, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Prior experience creating dashboards in Smartsheet or Excel to give a visual representation of key metrics, status updates, and task priority preferred
Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
- Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
The salary range for this position is: $129,540.00 - $167,640.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact ApplicantAccommodations@gilead.com
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.