We’re looking to hire an Applications Scientist to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods.
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials. FEP+, WaterMap, Glide, Maestro, and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the tools we’ve created.
As a member of our Applications Science team, you’ll provide scientific support for life-science customers ranging from large pharmas to biotechs, as well as academic institutions. Our customers will rely on you to guide them in their use of our life science software, from adoption to advanced usage, to tackle various challenging drug discovery problems.
Who will love this job:
- A computer-aided design enthusiast (both in theory and application) - specifically, someone with solid experience in structure-based drug design
- An excellent communicator and presenter with superb organizational skills
- A dedicated scientist interested in advancing drug discovery research
- A creative person who enjoys helping others solve problems
- A self-motivated team player who thrives in a cross-functional environment
What you’ll do:
- Provide scientific support to current and prospective life-science customers, which includes demonstrating the optimal use of our life science software suites, facilitating interactions between customers and product development teams, and providing general scientific guidance
- Engage in cutting edge scientific research to continuously develop personal expertise and establish best practices for customers
- Work cross-functionally with Product Managers, Account Managers and the Marketing team to improve business strategies
- Publish scientific papers and present at conferences
What you should have:
- PhD in computational chemistry, cheminformatics, computational biology or a related field
- Post-doctoral research and/or relevant experience in the life-science commercial sector
- A solid understanding of the commercial drug discovery process
- Experience in one of the following: molecular dynamics simulations/enhanced sampling/free energy calculation methods, ligand-based drug design, chemoinformatics, quantum mechanics, and/or structural modeling
- Willingness to travel
- It’s a plus if you have any of the following: programming experience (preferably Python), medicinal chemistry knowledge, a data science background, or Chinese language proficiency
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule with hybrid workweeks, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Office Management team also plans a myriad of fun company-wide events. Schrödinger is honored to have been included in Newsweek's list of America's 100 Most Loved Workplaces.
Estimated base salary range: $120,000 - $145,000. Actual compensation package is dependent on a number of factors, including, for example, experience, education, degrees held, market data, and business needs. If you have any questions regarding the compensation for this role, do not hesitate to reach out to a member of our Strategic Growth team.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.