Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the intersection of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.
The Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics group at Eikon Therapeutics is looking for a highly qualified scientist to make contributions to lead optimization programs and IND submissions. A successful candidate will be expected to participate on multidisciplinary drug discovery teams to provide input on drug metabolism issues to support programs through preclinical optimization, IND enabling and early clinical stages problem-solving to aid drug discovery efforts. This individual will design, execute, interpret, and report studies involving small molecules delivered by a variety of routes in several pre-clinical species. In addition to determining the metabolic fate of these potential drug candidates, other parameters such as target engagement and pharmacodynamic endpoints are often tracked.
You’re a DMPK expert who loves to solve difficult problems and are not discouraged by challenges. You’re a hands-on project manager who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You’re well-organized, detail oriented, and take pride in your ability to rapidly analyze situations and make judicious decisions. You’re collaborative by nature with uncompromising integrity. You’re conscientious and with great attention to detail, documentation and organization are second nature. You are excited about being a foundational member of a rapidly growing team.
What You’ll Do
- Represent DMPK as the technical and scientific expert on project teams, ensuring effective application and integration of ADME studies.
- Design and execute in vitro and in vivo non-clinical ADME studies to understand the properties of novel chemical entities and allow optimization prior to candidate selection
- Interact with external CROs to perform required ADME studies (pre-clinical and IND enabling) including protocol development, timelines, data analysis/interpretation and report writing.
- Work in close collaboration with interdisciplinary drug discovery teams, including chemistry, pharmacology, formulations, toxicology, and early clinical groups.
- Authoring of high-quality study reports and regulatory documents including IND sections and clinical documents etc.
- Candidate should possess a Masters. in pharmacokinetics or a closely related discipline with 5-7 years of experience in DMPK-related positions within a pharmaceutical or biotechnology company.
- An in-depth understanding of all aspects of DMPK with experience in drug discovery settings and the ability to work in team-based drug discovery/development environments is required.
- A successful candidate must be able to design and perform both routine and mechanistic animal PK studies.
- Experience with pre-clinical pharmacokinetic protocol design, experience working with CRO’s, hands on experience with different biological samples and sample preparation techniques.
- Ability to generate qualitative and quantitative data along with operation of HPLC and LC/MS/MS instrumentation is highly desired.
- Demonstrated experience with in vitro ADME, physico-chemical, isotope-based and metabolite ID studies is preferred.
At Eikon, employee compensation also includes bonus and equity compensation, in addition to several generous benefit programs, including:
- 401k plan with company matching
- Medical (premiums covered by Eikon at 95%), dental and vision insurance (premiums covered by Eikon at 100%)
- Mental health and wellness benefits
- Weeklong summer and winter holiday shutdowns
- Generous paid time off and holiday policies
- Life/AD&D Insurance (premiums covered by Eikon at 100%) and optional supplemental employee-paid life/AD&D policies
- Enhanced parental leave benefit
- Daily subsidized lunch program when on-site
The expected salary range for this role is $119,000 to $137,000 depending on skills, competency, and the market demand for your expertise.