GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com
The First Responder Key Account Manager (KAM) will be responsible for growing the Galleri first responder (FR) business for GRAIL through direct customer engagement of FR leadership and affiliated FR community stakeholder groups, at a regional and national level. Under direction of the FR Key Account Director, the FR KAM will develop relationships with key First Responder department leadership (fire chiefs, health and safety leaders, affiliated providers, and other operational leaders) and other first responder community stakeholders (e.g. IAFF local, district and national chapter leadership, support networks, funding sources, and charitable organizations) to support the implementation of Galleri as the cancer screening tool of choice for early cancer detection in the first responder community.
As the customer-facing lead for the first responder segment, the KAM team will have direct responsibility for sales performance within the FR segment, and will work closely with a matrix team to deliver a more tailored customer experience that will support the FR community’s unique needs while also enhancing the operational efficiency and effectiveness of GRAIL. This includes implementing unique Galleri event and non-event Galleri testing use cases specifically for first responder customers, delivering first responder-specific messaging/selling resources and programs, engaging IAFF and other key stakeholders through conferences and events, developing relationships with potential funding sources, and collaborating with a new first responder dedicated events team within Customer Success, as well as the Clinic Sales team for lead generation and event execution.
The FR Account Management team will be a team of six (1 Key Accounts Associate Director + 5 KAMs), responsible for engaging targeted, large first responder department leaders and affiliated stakeholders nationally. This is a field-based, remote position with direct customer-facing and sales responsibilities. The geographical location for the role is flexible, with preference for the Southeast US area (Florida).
The Key Account Manager (KAM) role will report directly to the Key Account Associate Director position, and will liaise closely with the Clinic Channel Area Directors to develop Area targeting and engagement strategies for the first responder business, as well as District Managers to support targeting, customer engagement, business acquisition, and events pull-through within their assigned geographical areas. The KAM team will work closely with the FR KAAD to provide ongoing feedback on segment strategies, materials, and cross-functional resourcing needs to support a successful, growing Galleri first responder business. You Will
Your Background Should Include
- Deliver sales goals for the first responder segment as the customer-facing lead for first responder community leadership and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the FR KAAD in executing, developing/adapting a first responder segment business plan, including targeting, stakeholder mapping and engagement planning, testing use cases, pipeline management, communications vehicles, and resourcing needs.
- Liaise with the Clinic Channel Area Directors, DMs, and GGCs to develop Area targeting and engagement strategies for the first responder business
- Own the first responder segment sales number and develop strategic engagement plans to support sales goal attainment
- Bachelor’s degree with 6+ years of experience or Master’s degree with 4+ years of experience
- The Key Accounts Manager will have a demonstrated track record of success and at least 6 years of broad-based experience in diagnostics and/or biopharma industries in direct, customer-facing role(s).
- Given the nascency of the firefighter business, the KAM should have a creative and entrepreneurial mindset, ability to function in ambiguity, and an action-oriented / goal-focused approach to their work.
- The KAM should have experience in working with the leadership of large organized customer groups in an account manager capacity.
- Baseline awareness of the first responder segment and of Galleri is highly preferred
- The individual should have strong written and verbal communication, including a strong track record in stakeholder management, and success in leading and influencing peers within large field-based teams. They will have a strong executive presence and be comfortable and credible interfacing with high-level leaders both internally and externally..
- The successful candidate will be able to work effectively in ambiguity, collaborating across a diverse set of functional team members to shape new solutions that do not exist. Creativity and ability to persuade and influence others are important.
- Experience with a startup product or company, demonstrated success with rapid innovation and growth in a highly cross-functional environment.
- Demonstrated comfort managing revenue goals in a commercial setting and using operational expertise to solve complex problems.
- Ability to travel as required.
The expected, full-time, annual base pay scale for this position is $102,000 to $140,000. Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us
to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.