The Marketing Analytics and Business Insights (MABI) function supports AbbVie’s US organization and is comprised of highly respected researchers, analysts, data scientists and strategists who are committed to being best-in-class within the biopharmaceutical industry. We serve as a strategic in-house counsel, ensuring that all decisions leverage the key insights that we develop. We continue to build new capabilities and skill sets, encouraging our team members to pull up a chair, be themselves, be creative, speak their minds, and do good work. We are a passionate, diverse, flexible, and inclusive organization with a culture that supports the best ideas, wherever they originate. We are smart, fun, quirky, and innovative – and we’d love for you to join us.
The Pipeline Market Access Insights (MAI) organization within MABI plays an instrumental role in shaping/ evaluating market access strategies for all of AbbVie’s early pipeline and business development assets. As a people leader of this team, you will lead the planning and delivery of insights via primary and secondary research and analytics to identify/ quantify payer/ trade opportunities and threats, make specific recommendations on the development of market access strategies and tactics. You will also lead and develop a team of insights talent, develop analytical capabilities, enable organizational learning and outreach to matrix partners, and ensure alignment of research & analytical insights with the broader commercial goals of the asset. The role requires strong primary research and data analytics capabilities as well as subject matter expertise within the overall U.S. market access environment, specifically an in depth understanding of value, pricing and reimbursement dynamics. The role provides insights that directly impact AbbVie’s early pipeline and business development decisions through its influence on the development of pricing, contracting and other access strategies.
Lead Pipeline MAI team focused on providing insights that influence Abbvie business development and early pipeline market access strategies and decisions through data analytics, customer insights and business knowledge. Co-develop with U.S. Market Access leaders, insights to set stage for early pipeline and BD assets to achieve optimal payer formulary access that maximize net sales. Identify through secondary and claims analysis, current and project future market dynamics that could shape assets performance and build models to portray risks, opportunities, and sensitivities. Demonstrate strong understanding of the U.S. healthcare landscape and key AbbVie therapeutic areas to identify and proactively address opportunities and threats. Build collaborative relationships with internal U.S. Market Access and Commercial Development stakeholders. Align insights with other partners, that when integrated with HCP and Consumer insights, positively impacts decision making.
Key areas of functional scope include:
· Leading insights for understanding and recommending trade (Pharmacy, GPO, buy & bill dynamics), Health Plan and PBM strategies for early pipeline and business development assets across payer channels through primary research, data analytics and modelling techniques, communicating recommendations that clearly describes the opportunity, potentials, risks, recommendation for clinical trial population & end-points and risks, and informing financial projections based on launch pricing and contracting strategies.
· Leading the delivery of asset specific market access analytical insights in response to specific market access issues/ trends. Understanding the impact of utilization management, tiering and medical policy impact on overall demand, line of therapy and co-pay support in future landscape. Conducting investigative analytics to validate and/ or quantify market phenomenon related to on-market and pipeline market players. Identifying through quantitative methods, value drivers that guide clinical data development and value positioning.
· Demonstrating a strong understanding of syndicated and AbbVie proprietary data, modeling techniques and an ability to synthesize insights into compelling narratives. Is highly proficient at supplier and stakeholder management, leading external analytics to deliver compelling learnings, and formulating analytical strategies appropriate for the issue at hand.
· Responsible for leading the communication of market access insights to leadership requiring a broad range of market access expertise as each therapeutic area has its own nuances and market access environment and projecting what would happen in the 3-8 years horizon.
· Managing up to 3 direct reports, including talent recruiting and development as well as oversight of budget associated with external vendor support.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 10+ years market research & analytical experience required preferably in the healthcare industry
· 1-2 years of experience of people management.
· Strong story telling skills; ability to distill complex information synthesized into concise and impactful messages and communications.
· Ability to work within ambiguities and uncertainty.
· Master’s degree or MBA
· Strong working knowledge of syndicated pharmaceutical data sources, including formulary data sources and claims data sources.
· 3-4 years of pharmaceutical market access experience and subject matter expertise with Health Plans, PBMs, Hospital Systems, Specialty Pharmacies and Healthcare Policy stakeholders.
· 4-6 years of pharmaceutical marketing insights experience with significant expertise with Physician and Consumer stakeholders.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.