U.S. Oncology Ethics and Compliance Advisor
United States - California - Foster CityUnited States – Remote
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Job DescriptionPOSITION OVERVIEW: Ethics and Compliance Advisor to US Oncology therapeutic area. This position reports to the U.S. Ethics and Compliance Advisor. We will consider candidates for Foster City, CA (preferred) or US- remote.EXAMPLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
REQUIREMENTS: We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. Please see the following for the qualifications and skills we seek for this role.Minimum Education & Experience
- Act as the key point of ethics and compliance support for relevant Commercial activities within the US Oncology therapeutic area
- Participate in activity reviews consistent with established policies and processes, advising on ethics and compliance insights and recommendations, including outreach to relevant stakeholders or subject matter experts when appropriate
- Advise on and support the business and other key stakeholders in operationalizing compliance processes and executing within legal and compliance-related requirements
- Deliver trainings and educational sessions to enhance ethics and compliance understanding among stakeholders
- Partner as needed with Privacy and Data Ethics team to operationalize requirements related to data privacy, information security, cyber laws, industry codes
- Support compliance-related incident response processes with internal stakeholders
- Support and facilitate policy, training and communications, monitoring, risk assessments, due diligence, transparency, and other healthcare compliance needs
- Stay abreast of relevant ethics and compliance developments and industry trends. Work in partnership with the Global Business Legal org and other compliance teams to help ensure the organization operates within ethical and compliance frameworks
- [Lead, inspire, and develop the team, fostering a high-performance culture. Provide mentorship, guidance, and professional development opportunities to enhance the team's capabilities and effectiveness.]
Knowledge & Other Requirements
- Bachelor's degree is required. A Juris Doctorate or fully qualified legal credentials in one or more geographies of operations is preferred but not required.
- Extensive professional experience in-house in biotech, pharmaceuticals or other highly regulated industries or law firm advising in all relevant areas of practice for these industries. Ideally the majority of the years of career spent in-house.
- 12+ years of experience, with a BA/BS degree or 10+ years of experience, with an MS/MA or MBA, or PhD
- Management experience and ability to mentor and supervise a team of professionals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Invest time and effort in building strong relationships with relevant stakeholders. Act as a trusted advisor and cultivate a collaborative enviro. based on mutual respect and understanding.
- Approach challenges with a problem-solving mindset.
- Work together with colleagues across Legal and Ethics and Compliance teams to find ethical and compliant solutions
- Cultivate and display the ethics and values for which Gilead strives, and actively engage with stakeholders from a place of trust and partnership. Be firm when needed, even when working with more senior stakeholders.
- Apply a deep understanding of the biopharma industry, Gilead's business objectives, and the specific challenges faced by different departments. This will enable the legal and compliance team to provide tailored and practical advice.
- Respond promptly to inquiries, requests, or concerns raised by business stakeholders. Demonstrate a sense of urgency in addressing their needs and provide timely feedback.
- Foster open and transparent communication channels with business stakeholders. Clearly communicate requirements, explain the rationale behind decisions, and provide regular updates on relevant changes or developments.
- Continuously evaluate and improve internal processes to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in supporting the business in achieving company goals. Minimize unnecessary bureaucracy and simplify workflows to facilitate smooth interactions.
- Embrace a culture of continuous improvement. Actively seek feedback from business stakeholders and strive to enhance the quality and effectiveness of support provided.
The salary range for this position is: $199,835.00 - $258,610.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact ApplicantAccommodations@gilead.com
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.