United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Job DescriptionGilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to advancing innovative medicines to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis, and cancer. Gilead operates in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California. Job DescriptionThe Corporate Legal Group at Gilead is seeking a thoughtful, dynamic and collaborative paralegal to join the company's Office of Corporate Secretary at the company's headquarters in Foster City, California. We are a close-knit and friendly team that supports the company's corporate governance, securities compliance and general corporate functions. The ideal candidate will be organized, detail-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Responsibilities for this position may include:
- Managing the company's corporate governance practices and policies, including maintenance of updates to key company policies and providing general support to the company's board of directors, senior management and stockholders.
- Overseeing the formation and maintenance of the company's domestic and global subsidiaries, including preparation of corporate charter documents, resolutions authorizing various transactions, powers of attorney, inter-company agreements, as well as election/resignation of officers and directors for domestic and foreign subsidiaries, foreign qualification, withdrawal and dissolutions.
- Assisting with the preparation, distribution and maintenance of board and shareholder meeting material, including developing and managing board processes, and coordination of board-related documentation, including director onboarding, annual self-assessment process and D&O questionnaires.
- Drafting and maintaining key corporate records, including meeting minutes.
- Assisting with the preparation of SEC reports (10-Q, 8-K, 10-K, S-8, proxy statement), including the review of Section 16 filings and maintenance of the exhibit index for quarterly and yearly filings.
- Managing requests to outside counsel for quarterly audit update letters and responses.
- Managing confidential treatment requests with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Documenting processes/approvals required for SOX compliance (e.g., Disclosure Committee certifications).
- Supporting financing transactions related to merger and acquisition transactions and other strategic corporate development transactions, including due diligence, document preparation, closing mechanics, and post-closing integration and administration. Assist with FINRA inquires and data room maintenance and updates.
- Working with other members of the legal team on special projects and initiatives.
- Collaborating with other members of the Legal department as well as cross-functional teams, including Finance, Tax, Investor Relations, Stock Administration, Human Resources and Compensation.
- A minimum of seven (7) or more years relevant work experience is required.
- Public company or law firm experience is required.
- A bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Certified Notary preferred (or willingness to take the exam and become a Notary).
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat and other office software programs preferred, including third-party software such as iManage, Workiva and Computershare.
- Additional expected skills:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including ability to effectively multi-task, juggle and effectively prioritize many projects at one time.
- Ability to solve problems and use business good judgment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, including with other departments within Gilead.
- Exemplary personal and professional integrity and positive attitude.
The salary range for this position is: $120,445.00 - $155,870.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit: https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact ApplicantAccommodations@gilead.com
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.