Vice President – Program and Portfolio Management (PM-1046)
AN2 Therapeutics, Inc. (AN2) is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing novel anti-infective medicines for patients with rare, chronic infectious diseases – including global health priorities and neglected tropical diseases – that have significant unmet medical needs for new therapies. Founded by a team of experienced industry leaders in infectious diseases drug research and development, we strive to provide patients with treatments that will restore their health and enable them to live productive lives. AN2 is a mission-driven company with a passion for improving global public health and a vision to accelerate development of novel medicines to treat serious infectious diseases and save lives worldwide. We believe our company thrives when all employees share this mission.
Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, AN2 is seeking a Vice President, Program and Portfolio Management who will support individual programs and take a portfolio wide perspective towards driving operational excellence and delivery of technical and business objectives. As the leader of the Program Management function, will provide subject-matter expertise and actively monitor and make recommendations to optimize portfolio and cross-functional team performance to ensure the effective delivery of program, project, and portfolio goals. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of leveraging program and portfolio management and business analytics techniques to streamline R&D performance in a fast-growing biotech environment.
- Leverage extensive drug development experience and strong interpersonal skills to drive operational excellence and establish the value of effective Program and Portfolio Management to the company’s success
- Leverage extensive PM experience to drive delivery of late-stage program initiatives: clinical programs, including a pivotal Phase 2/3 global clinical study, global regulatory filing preparation and execution, global commercial launch, medical affairs, etc.
- Establish a proactive and out-reaching approach across team leads, department heads and executive team to facilitate communication channels and ensure operational efficiency
- In collaboration with department heads, develop resource plan for each program; conduct analyses, identify gaps, and make recommendations on human resource allocation across programs to build a hiring plan
- Work with CSO and executive team to align corporate strategy with R&D programs and corporate initiatives to ensure proper prioritization, resourcing, communications of objectives, challenges and successes, and transparency across the organization
- Define cross-functional accountabilities and responsibilities for initiatives and programs including tools to monitor and adjust performance and timelines
- Work with department heads and finance leads on program and portfolio level goals, assumptions, and associated budget planning and governance
- Develop tools for regular programmatic discussion of risks and mitigation to better manage project risk and to identify and manage larger portfolio risks
- Ensure consistent use of decision-making and communication across the entire portfolio through development of stage-appropriate project team structures
- Align consistency in project reporting and accountability through quarterly business review meetings and executive program summaries
- Work with Sr. Director of PM to resource the department and develop best practices for agendas, team discussions, meeting minutes, follow up on action items, meeting etiquette, and overall team performance
- Develop stage appropriate good documentation practices for key program and portfolio decisions
Qualifications and Experience:
- BA or BS in life sciences required with a minimum 12+ years of experience in managing complex portfolios spanning research through late-stage clinical development and in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- Deep experience in Project Management processes and best practices
- PMP certification and advanced degree preferred
- Extensive experience managing drug development projects through late-stage clinical trials, support of regulatory submissions, and commercial launch
- Prior experience with long-term planning and managing integrated timelines and resources. Manage and engage with team members to innovate and refine strategies
- Strong teamwork collaboration and influence skills across project teams, functional heads, and senior leadership. Demonstrated experience working in cross-functional team environment, with a passion to help drive team towards a common goal.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and diplomacy skills to bridge between divergent scientific opinions, negotiate timelines, resources and ensure effective collaboration
AN2 anticipates that the annual base salary for this position could range from between $295,000 to $315,000 and will depend, in part, on the successful candidate’s credentials for the role, including education, qualifications, and type as well as length of experience. Any offered salary is also based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data, and the position’s wage range. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. The successful candidate will also be eligible to participate in a performance-based bonus and stock programs, various benefits offerings, including, but not limited to, medical, dental and vision insurance, disability, life insurance, 401k retirement savings plan, and flexible paid vacation.
By joining our small, highly dedicated and motivated team, you will experience a culture that is inclusive, supportive, and humble, yet challenging. We set our egos aside to collaborate for the benefit of the team, and most importantly, the patients in need of new therapeutic options. AN2 is a company with a passion for improving global public health. We approach our business using a double bottom line strategy – with the intention of a fiscal and social return - this is reflected in our Core Values and is the foundation of our company’s culture. We employ the industry’s best to create a corporate culture that is fun, humble, respectful, and fulfilling, and where employees feel that they are making a difference and feel inspired to bring their passion to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Our open positions are managed through our Human Resources department. Unsolicited resumes from recruiting agencies, in advance of a specified agreement, will not be accepted. Resumes sent directly to our employees or our consultants from recruiting organizations will also not be accepted as referrals and do not obligate us to pay fees.