AltPep Corporation is a biomedical startup based along Seattle’s Lake Union focused on developing early disease-modifying treatments and detection tools for amyloid diseases by targeting one of the earliest molecular triggers – toxic soluble oligomers. These toxic oligomers are associated with many diseases, including neurodegenerative diseases and type 2 diabetes.
AltPep draws its origins to Dr. Valerie Daggett’s lab at the University of Washington’s Bioengineering Department. The company closed a significant round of financing in mid-2023 and is currently seeking to expand at its new, state-of-the-art, headquarters located on the Eastside of Lake Union in Seattle.
Who you are:
- You have significant lab experience. You conduct research in a responsible manner with attention to detail, take pride in your work, and memorialize it in meticulous lab books and records. You’ve demonstrated these skills through academic and/or work experiences (previous biotech experience a plus).
- You have undergraduate degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, biochemistry, bioengineering, or a related field and have a strong academic background.
- While you appreciate being part of a team, you also value opportunities to work on your own.
- You understand the value of structure, but you are also flexible.
- You possess knowledge and experience in a variety of subject matters, ideally in several of the following areas:
- Mass spectrometry
- Spectroscopy (variety)
- Chemical synthesis
- Peptide/Protein modifications
- Peptide/Protein Purification
- ELISAs, Western Blots/dot blots, protein binding kinetics/analysis
- Experience with tissue culture
- Ability to provide quantitative analysis of results in reference to calibrations/standards, and able to accept/reject based on quality control criteria
- Organic chemistry reactions
- Rigorous quality of experimental details outlined in SOPs
- Data Analysis using Excel, Python, MATLAB, Tableau, or similar software
- You value learning and look for opportunities to expand your knowledge and skills.
- You work hard, drive for results, and are energized when those results support a positive change.
Debilitating diseases such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's affect more than a billion people worldwide. Drawing upon decades of academic research, AltPep was founded to create groundbreaking tools to detect and treat such diseases. Although a young company, AltPep has been recognized for its scientific accomplishment and potential.
While still small and nimble, we have grown to a team of thirty talented individuals dedicated to improving the lives of billions. We continue to grow and are looking for talented people to join the team and help us accomplish our mission.
We offer competitive compensation to those joining our fight. The compensation starts at $62,000 for a Research Associate and is dependent on experience. AltPep takes care of its employees and offers generous stock options, medical, vision, and dental coverage for its employees and their dependents. We understand, and value, life outside of work and offer competitive PTO so you can rest and recharge.
AltPep Corporation is a dynamic biomedical startup in Seattle that offers a competitive compensation package, including equity incentives, as well as a benefits program designed to support the well-being of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group life insurance, and 401(k). To learn more about us please visit www.altpep.com. AltPep is an equal opportunity employer with the desire for diversity of all types. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.