AltPep Corporation is a biomedical startup based along Seattle's Lake Union focused on developing early disease-modifying treatments and detection tools for amyloid diseases by targeting one of the earliest molecular triggers – toxic soluble oligomers. These toxic oligomers are associated with many diseases, including neurodegenerative diseases and type 2 diabetes.
AltPep draws its origins to Dr. Valerie Daggett's lab at the University of Washington's Bioengineering Department. The company closed a significant round of financing in mid-2023 and is currently seeking to expand at its new, state-of-the-art, headquarters located on the Eastside of Lake Union in Seattle.
About This Role
We are seeking a meticulous and dynamic individual to join our team to assist with the execution and implementation of in vivo rodent studies. You will be operating both independently and within a collaborative setting, you’ll embody a getting-things-done mindset and a strong sense of responsibility. Your diligence will stretch into the maintenance of the vivarium and lab, ensuring an organized and well-prepared environment for ongoing and forthcoming studies. Analyzing data, preparing results for internal presentations, and actively participating in meetings will be part and parcel of your role, contributing significantly to the discourse and direction of our project strategies.
What You’ll Do:
- Execution and implementation of in vivo rodent studies to evaluate therapeutic modalities and strategies, including efficacy, pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic studies, and mechanism of action analyses.
- Work individually and as part of a team to execute and perform hands-on studies.
- Assist with vivarium and lab maintenance including but limited to sample preparation and inventory, reagent preparation, and general upkeep.
- Analyze data and prepare results for internal presentation.
- Present in meetings and take ownership of projects or portions of projects.
- Document and update the experimental samples list in a timely manner to advise project strategy and next steps.
What You Bring:
- Must Haves:
- B.A. / M.S. with 5+ years of experience or M.S. degree with 3+ years of experience in the field of Biology, Neuroscience, Pharmacology, Cancer Genetics, or a related field and 3+ years of relevant animal / laboratory experience either in an industry or academic setting.
- Experience conducting rodent studies and capable of performing murine in vivo research in vivo research studies to support drug discovery.
- Proficiency with multiple routes of dose administration via SC, IP, IN, IV, PO, etc.
- Understanding of animal husbandry
- Expertise with procedures such as collecting blood samples, dissection techniques and necropsies.
- What Will Separate You From The Rest:
- Experience working with or willingness to work with rats.
- Experience with survival surgery or willingness to learn.
- Experience in neuroscience is a plus.
Debilitating diseases such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's affect more than a billion people worldwide. Drawing upon decades of academic research, AltPep was founded to create groundbreaking tools to detect and treat such diseases. Although a young company, AltPep has been recognized for its scientific accomplishment and potential.
While still small and nimble, we have grown to a team of thirty talented individuals dedicated to improving the lives of billions. We continue to grow and are looking for talented people to join the team and help us accomplish our mission.
We offer competitive compensation to those joining our fight. The compensation range for a Senior Research Associate is $73,000-$88,000 and for an Associate Scientist is $85,000-$110,000, depending on experience. AltPep takes care of its employees and offers generous stock options, medical, vision, and dental coverage for its employees and their dependents. We understand, and value, life outside of work and offer competitive PTO so you can rest and recharge.
AltPep Corporation is a dynamic biomedical startup in Seattle that offers a competitive compensation package, including equity incentives, as well as a benefits program designed to support the well-being of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group life insurance, and 401(k). To learn more about us please visit www.altpep.com. AltPep is an equal opportunity employer with the desire for diversity of all types. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.