53 - Process Chemistry
Redwood City, CA
$135,000 - $160,000 / year
Codexis, a biotech company based in Redwood City, CA, is looking to hire a Senior Scientist, Immobilized Catalyst Process Development!
Codexis is a leading enzyme engineering company leveraging its proprietary CodeEvolver® technology platform to discover, develop and enhance novel, high-performance enzymes and other classes of proteins. Codexis enzymes solve for real-world challenges associated with small molecule pharmaceuticals manufacturing and nucleic acid synthesis. The Company is currently developing its proprietary ECO Synthesis™ platform to enable the scaled manufacture of RNAi therapeutics through an enzymatic route. Codexis enzymes can drive improvements, such as higher yields, reduced energy usage and waste generation, improve efficiency in manufacturing and greater sensitivity in genomic and diagnostic applications.
To meet the goals we’ve set for ourselves, we look for individuals who are driven, eager to grow and ready to embrace meaningful challenges. We empower employees to be authentic, ambitious, agile and have the courage to take action where they can make a positive impact.
Come join us on this journey to transform the enzyme engineering landscape for the betterment of human health!
About the Opportunity:
The Senior Scientist, Immobilized Catalyst Process Development
will be responsible for process design and optimization for enzymatic synthesis of RNA oligonucleotides using immobilized enzymes. This Senior Scientist will be part of the ECO Synthesis™ team developing an integrated platform for enzymatic production of RNA therapeutics and will report into the Process Chemistry group. The position will be based in Redwood City, California. If any of the below describes you, we would love to meet you!
- Process development scientist or engineer expert in solid/liquid heterogeneous catalysis in aqueous systems.
- Able to envision, extrapolate, and convey the transition of lab-developed immobilized enzymatic processes to manufacturing scale.
- Thrives in a dynamic and diverse environment.
- Fearless self-starter with strong collaboration and communication skills.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Leading optimization and gap analysis around oligonucleotide synthesis processes in flow and developing strategies for mitigating technical and process risks.
- Working closely with research teams to establish enzyme performance indicators for meeting process development scope and deliverables.
- Establishing methods for process control and ensuring products meet quality and consistency requirements.
- Identifying and managing technical project risks, issues, and opportunities to deliver programs on time and in scope.
- Proactively reporting on status and progress to internal stakeholders.
The essential requirements of the job include:
Additional experience that would be valuable for this role includes:
- Ph.D. and ≥5 years or equivalent experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech, fine chemical, ingredients, or related industry
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop, and/or optimize an immobilized catalyst process
- Background in (bio)chemistry or (bio)chemical engineering
- Development and transfer of enzyme-catalyzed processes to manufacturing scale
- Experience in process development and/or scale-up in pharma GMP facility
- Detailed understanding and experience of flow chemistry process development and/or scale-up for production of pharmaceuticals or fine chemicals
CODEXIS PAY TRANSPARENCY: The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work in Redwood City, California City is $135,000 to $160,000. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job, type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc. Codexis is a multi-state employer and this salary range may not reflect positions that work in other states
What can Codexis offer you?
- Full benefits on your first day
- 100% match on 401k (up to 4%)
- Life insurance 3x your salary
- Company equity program – stock and RSU’s offered for new hires and annually
- Generous PTO
- 15 company paid holidays in addition to PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Back up child/dependent care
- Commuter vouchers
- Student loan assistance and student debt program
- Schedule that works for you as we support an onsite, hybrid and remote workforce for certain positions
- Internal mobility
- Volunteer time off
- Health and wellness programs
- Legal and tax support program
About Codexis Inc
Why join Codexis?
At Codexis we offer a very competitive compensation package and beyond excellent benefits! We foster career growth, continued education and upskilling through our mentorship program and learning and development opportunities. You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate about our mission and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Diversity is valued and mutual trust is of paramount importance to the ethos at Codexis. The people, the culture and working with others with a common goal is what makes Codexis a great place to work.
For more information, visit www.codexis.com
NO AGENCIES OR THIRD PARTIES
Codexis is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status.