About the role
Sana Biotechnology is growing, and we are hiring new team members who believe in the potential of engineered cells as medicines, who want to challenge the status quo, and who lead with the desire to work on novel ideas. As a Site IT Leader, you will report to the VP, Head of IT to develop high-quality service delivery processes that simplify how end-users interact with technology. As we scale, you will help build a user-centric environment that focuses on self-service and automation with the same high-level service our employees are used to. To do this, you will partner with other Site IT Leaders and our Infrastructure team to establish a world-class support model. We want you to be a team player and fantastic at collaboration.
What you'll do
- As a member of the site leadership team, understand, prioritize, and deliver site technology needs
- Support desktop, software, mobility, service desk, and site support; manage small projects at the site and partner with IT peers in the deployment of large technology projects
- Manage and resolve employee and site IT issues using root cause analysis. Anticipate future issues and put mitigations in place
- Manage and advance technical platforms. Drive the strategy of key platforms, including Microsoft 365
- Own and manage all IT assets and technology at the site
- Manage workflow by assigning problems/tasks to IT support resources through a ticketing workflow tool
- Collaborate with employees, technical staff, team members, and management to identify issues, negotiate changes, meet deadlines, and provide strong customer service across the site
- Partner with the other departments within IT to resolve complex technical support issues for site customers
- Analyze and review logs to determine if problems are imminent and develop solutions before, they occur (problem management)
- Follow up with users to gauge their satisfaction with incident/request resolution; identify technical support problem areas (i.e., negative trends) and, if warranted, implement corrective actions
What we're looking for
- 3+ years of experience managing IT for a department or site, preferably in the life sciences industry.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science (or equivalent experience) is required
- 10+ years of experience in technical support (service desk and/or deskside support) is required
- Expert-level software knowledge, including Microsoft applications, Exchange, Zoom, Slack, Okta, and Apple iOS
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory
- Knowledge of hardware, such as cabling, wireless products and client technologies
- The ability to make decisions quickly, often with limited information
- Is known for being customer service-oriented and having experience anticipating the needs of all customers, including bench scientists
- Experience managing and prioritizing inputs from diverse stakeholders to deploy a plan that meets the site's needs
- High judgment in planning work and problem-solving; is 'right a lot'
- Able to engage and influence team members across multiple departments while prioritizing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrate drive, curiosity, and creative problem-solving skills across a fast-paced, performance-driven environment
- Is flexible and adaptable; Ability to change on a dime and operate in a scrappy manner
What will separate you from the crowd
- Experience at a startup or pre-clinical biotechnology company
- Experience as a team leader in any area of IT is preferred
What you should know
- The role will be located in Seattle, WA until the Bothell manufacturing site is ready for occupancy
- The base pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $175,000 and $215,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience
How we work together
- Lead from every seat – we seek to understand, act with honesty, and engage in the crucial conversations
- Thrive as a team – we hire amazing people, are intensely curious, and cultivate inclusion and personal connectivity
- Make it happen – we value vigorous debate, alignment around our decisions, and resilient execution
Get to know us
At Sana, we believe that a diverse workforce strengthens us as a company and helps us to achieve our mission to meaningfully change the outcome of many human diseases. This belief is a pillar of our business and is critical to our success. Our goal is that Sana is the place for talented people to bring their authentic selves to work, to have a great career and to deeply, positively impact patients.
Core to our values, we believe there is nothing more important than the health and wellness of you and your family. For benefit eligible employees, we cover 100% of the cost for employee health coverage and offer generous time-off (various paid time off benefits, such as holidays, vacation, sick time, and parental leave), short- and long-term disability, employer paid basic life insurance, additional voluntary life insurance protection, financial wellness programs including financial planning resources, a 401(k) Plan with an immediately vested employer match, Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, commuter subsidy and a variety of wellness offerings to support each person individually. For more details on our benefits, visit Sana’s Benefits Portal.
We are committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental or sensory disability (including the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability), genetic information, actual or perceived HIV or Hepatitis C infection, medical condition (cancer or a record or history of cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), disability, veteran status, political ideology, social class (including caste/caste identity), taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions described above.