The Director of Patient Services training has two primary goals. First, to ensure that all stakeholders have the skills and knowledge necessary to meet/exceed the goals and expectations of their specific role. Second is to ensure the AbbVie Patient Services (APS) training team members, both direct and indirect reports, are effectively developed to advance their careers within AbbVie.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for ensuring all Patient Engagement (PE), Access and Reimbursement (A&R), Care Model professionals, infield teams and field managers across AbbVie U.S. Patient Services have the skills and knowledge necessary to meet / exceed the goals and expectations of their specific position.
- Proactively partner with franchise and organizational leadership to understand the healthcare landscape, access and reimbursement dynamics, patient experiences and journeys, AbbVie product changes and new product / team launches to determine implications for the organization and individual development.
- Create APS training communication strategy to deliver impactful messaging and coordinate effectively with other communications functions across AbbVie.
- Create short and long-term training strategy for specific audiences which includes identification of training needs, prioritization of training implementation, partnering to develop training, and evaluation of effectiveness for both initial and continuing education of an experienced team.
- Function as member of franchise Integrated Team to provide strategic input for APS initiatives, provide input to annual strategic and tactical plans for all APS and support policy related discussions that will help APS operate and scale seamlessly.
- Participate in cross-franchise decisions that influence and guide the direction each portfolio’s strategic initiatives business case and value proposition assuring alignment to APS priorities.
- Partner with APS leadership colleagues to coordinate the prioritization across all critical initiatives to maintain alignment, properly allocate funds and resource capacity to mitigate any risks.
- Responsible for assuring OEC/Legal compliance with training requirements, identify risks and mitigation options.
- Manage annual training budget and oversee contracts with third party vendors.
- Ensure that the APS Training team members, both direct and indirect reports, are effectively developed to advance their careers within AbbVie.
- Manage and ensure alignment with Vendor Partners and onboard new Vendors and associated training resources.
- Partner with Brand, Sales Training and APS Franchise Leadership Team to create training strategy related to AbbVie Patient Services programs.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products (e.g. CFR 210/211, cGMP) specifically, Operating Guidelines, PhRMA Guidelines, AbbVie Code of Business Conduct.
- 8-10 years: Patient support services, field leadership, training experience, or equivalent
- Management experience, at the Manager level or above, required.
- Must have proven experience in identifying training needs and effectively addressing those needs.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with Patient Services Leadership and with cross-divisional teams
- Needs to have recent relevant nursing and/or access and reimbursement experience in the patient services space
Master’s degree or extensive experience in training & development is preferred.
Nursing Degree and Nursing management experience and/or Access and Reimbursement experience at the Manager level or above preferred
Training experience at the Manager level or above also preferred
Vendor management experience
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.