Organizational Research is an internal applied research consulting team focused on AbbVie’s strategic priorities. This role conducts sophisticated research and analysis to derive actionable insights and utilizes HR knowledge to inform design and delivery of metrics, reports, and analytical tools. The person in this role will work closely with senior leaders and peers to provide data driven solutions and support across AbbVie’s strategic priorities. The primary responsibilities of this role focus on data interpretation into impactful actions and collaboration with senior leaders. By understanding AbbVie’s business and familiarity with HR metrics, this person will tell a meaningful story with data – and succinctly summarize to engage the audience. To be successful, you will question the status quo – and deliver incremental value beyond reporting traditional HR metrics.
- Independently conduct appropriate statistical analyses to answer research questions that inform talent strategies. Engage in external research and benchmarking.
- Leverage industry leading data visualization tools and storytelling strategies to translate data analysis into tangible business impact. Prepare streamlined presentations / visualizations of complex data and research findings to communicate actionable insights.
- Act as a thought leader on the design, calculation, and use of HR metrics both within and external to AbbVie. Continuous research and learning of new industry trends in Workforce / People Analytics.
- Lead processes and deliverables owned by the Organizational Excellence team, such as the holistic Organizational Dialogue Strategy. Analyze large, complex, multi-dimensional data sets to create actionable insights – delivered to business leaders and the teams who support them.
- Create an advanced analytics practice focusing on behavioral analytics, predictive analytics, and econometrics of employee behavior and engagement.
- Utilize surveys and qualitative research methods to understand employee behaviors to improve employee engagement and retention. Leverage statistical tools to understand correlations and causations in unique datasets involving human behavior and employee actions.
- Quickly and pro-actively learn new software tools supporting data visualization, data mapping, and statistical analysis.
- Display professionalism and discretion in handling sensitive information. Respond to senior leader requests with thoughtful, timely, and holistic analyses.
- Create partnerships with academic and industry leaders to advance AbbVie’s external reputation in the HR (and HR analytics) space.
- Graduate degree in IO psychology field or equivalent experience required.
- Preferred 5+ years’ experience in related role at a Fortune 100 company.
- Significant experience managing large and disparate data sets for use in statistical analysis. Experience managing survey, research, reporting, or other projects strongly preferred.
- Experience preparing simple visual presentations of results. Able to clearly and concisely present research findings and insights to a senior business audience.
- Strong familiarity with human capital metrics, their calculation, and uses. Strong process-orientation and attention to detail.
- Experience utilizing intermediate-level statistical analysis (e.g.,t-tests, bivariate correlations, multiple regression, factor analysis) to develop insights. Successful completion of project work case studies preferred.
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint. Demonstrated proficiency in data visualization tools (i.e. Tableau, Qlik Sense or PowerBI).
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.